IGNORED

Botkin baby(s) anouncement

meda

Audri's georgeous. Only in the fundie world could she get someone as unfortunate looking as Ben.

Aw, I think Ben is quite attractive! Nadia, on the other hand...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you would have to be a strong woman to put up with how close Ben and David remain with his sisters at home. It's not just "close"...it's honestly a tiny bit creepy to me the way the sisters are always snuggled up and touching Ben and David.

I think you would have to be a strong woman to put up with how close Ben and David remain with his sisters at home. It's not just "close"...it's honestly a tiny bit creepy to me the way the sisters are always snuggled up and touching Ben and David.

I thought of that too. Then I thought they probably get sooo little affection from their father, it's probably just a need for someone to give them a hug. Anyone would do.

Well,what ever the baby looks like he or she will stand out from the rest of the generic looking VF crowd.Not sure that's such a good thing though.

Aw, I think Ben is quite attractive! Nadia, on the other hand...

Agreed about Nadia, but what's with Ben's hair?? uch

Did he still own it?

Christchurch is my hometown. Im terrified to think that it may have been Botkinville when I was small!

Oh, no no no. Botkins never owned CTN: Geoff worked for the owner, crazy fundie American Jim McCotter, prior to working for Doug at VisionForum. Now they do their Western Conservancy thing, and I have no idea how they support the entire clan with that.

Geoff Botkin's public persona seems to be a lot of smoke and mirrors, no real accomplishes to track.

[Raymond Chandler]The minute she stepped through the door of my parents' home I could see this dame was trouble. She had a pair of short sleeves and a temper to match. "You the guy looking for a wife?" she said, casually brushing a hair from her denim skirt. My hand strayed to the Bible I kept taped under my desk - for emergencies. I looked her in the eye. "Maybe. Who wants to know, lady?"[/Raymond Chandler]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not too fond of "marriage investigation" either. Was the prospective husband looking for the bride to be guilty of something?

Geoff Botkin's public persona seems to be a lot of smoke and mirrors, no real accomplishes to track.

Very true. And for the most part, at least to an outsider like me, his smoke and mirrors all have "Vision Forum" written on them. Which makes me more curious than ever about what's happening with Geoff and Doug and Geoff's BFF status.

Looked to me like Geoff, either as cause or effect, struck out on his own with the Western Conservatory business, and the Egypt "adventure", or the "definitive" Talk to Boys book, etc. -- none of which is sold through VF or plugged on Doug's blog. And the VF A-list were conspicuously absent from the 2 Botkins weddings. Plus the Botkins were missing from the D-day Dougtastic adventure, as well as the "manly" anaconda hunt, and whatever happened in Antarctica (ways to pay to find out coming soon!).

Yet, here comes the year end review highlighting AS and E at Doug's Father/daughter thing and a visit with "young friend" Virginia Phillips.

So weird.

Oh, no no no. Botkins never owned CTN: Geoff worked for the owner, crazy fundie American Jim McCotter, prior to working for Doug at VisionForum. Now they do their Western Conservancy thing, and I have no idea how they support the entire clan with that.

ACcording to their most recent filing that I could find, Western Conservatory raked in about 300,000 in a year, if I remember right. You can supprt even a large family pretty well on that. They don't seem to have a 2010 tax filing available, though. Interesting...

Nadia's father is Egyptian. We'll have to agree to disagree on her attractiveness though...

LOLOL!! Totally agree. Let's hope their offspring gets a lot of attractive recessive genes. If there are any. Yikes!

LOLOL!! Totally agree. Let's hope their offspring gets a lot of attractive recessive genes. If there are any. Yikes!

I find Nadia's brother, David, quite defrauding and her sister is beautiful (IMO)

By the way.. this may have already been discussed in another thread but where exactly is the new Botkin house? Still in Central TN or did they move out of state? Will David/Nadia and Ben/Audri all live on the grounds as well (ala Morton Family style)?

[Raymond Chandler]The minute she stepped through the door of my parents' home I could see this dame was trouble. She had a pair of short sleeves and a temper to match. "You the guy looking for a wife?" she said, casually brushing a hair from her denim skirt. My hand strayed to the Bible I kept taped under my desk - for emergencies. I looked her in the eye. "Maybe. Who wants to know, lady?"[/Raymond Chandler]

:lol: :clap: :dance:

Let me try my hand at a noir/fundy mix (going into black and white, deep focus, lighting a cig):

She seemed too good to be true. Pious. Submissive. And long, long hair -- hair that never stopped. Hair you could get lost in forever.

But was she? Or was she Satan's handmaiden? A rag, a bone, and a hank of hair -- and a cauldron of defrauding temptation, like every babe.

I was going to take my time with this one.

:lol: :clap: :dance:

Let me try my hand at a noir/fundy mix (going into black and white, deep focus, lighting a cig):

She seemed too good to be true. Pious. Submissive. And long, long hair -- hair that never stopped. Hair you could get lost in forever.

But was she? Or was she Satan's handmaiden? A rag, a bone, and a hank of hair -- and a cauldron of defrauding temptation, like every babe.

I was going to take my time with this one.

Brilliant Fundy Noir a whole new genre. :clap: :clap: :clap:

By the way.. this may have already been discussed in another thread but where exactly is the new Botkin house? Still in Central TN or did they move out of state? Will David/Nadia and Ben/Audri all live on the grounds as well (ala Morton Family style)?

I tried to get as much as I could from the context of the photos, and I'm THINKING they're still in Central TN. They mentioned building up their small church and no mention of a new one or a going-away event, so that's what I think.

Very true. And for the most part, at least to an outsider like me, his smoke and mirrors all have "Vision Forum" written on them. Which makes me more curious than ever about what's happening with Geoff and Doug and Geoff's BFF status.

Looked to me like Geoff, either as cause or effect, struck out on his own with the Western Conservatory business, and the Egypt "adventure", or the "definitive" Talk to Boys book, etc. -- none of which is sold through VF or plugged on Doug's blog. And the VF A-list were conspicuously absent from the 2 Botkins weddings. Plus the Botkins were missing from the D-day Dougtastic adventure, as well as the "manly" anaconda hunt, and whatever happened in Antarctica (ways to pay to find out coming soon!).

Yet, here comes the year end review highlighting AS and E at Doug's Father/daughter thing and a visit with "young friend" Virginia Phillips.

So weird.

They may or may not have grown apart, but your reasons for saying they have are rather exaggerated: both Navigating History (the Egypt "adventure") and It's (Not That) Complicated are for sale at VF, and I'm pretty sure that Doug posted photos from the first Botkin wedding on his FB page. And yeah, the Botkins weren't on any of the three trips you mentioned, but their in-laws, the Verniers, were involved with at least the Amazon dealio...

In the context of all that, the hat-tips to the Phillipses in the year-end album don't really seem that odd.

More than one family began to wonder if they had separated on bad terms, but nothing except the Botkin journey to the backwoods lends itself to that idea. All the regular features of the Botkin/Phillips friendship appear to continue. I might be wrong. We will see what's what if Geoff continues to be a regular featured expert at the Vision Forum goings-on.

They may or may not have grown apart, but your reasons for saying they have are rather exaggerated: both Navigating History (the Egypt "adventure") and It's (Not That) Complicated are for sale at VF, and I'm pretty sure that Doug posted photos from the first Botkin wedding on his FB page. And yeah, the Botkins weren't on any of the three trips you mentioned, but their in-laws, the Verniers, were involved with at least the Amazon dealio...

In the context of all that, the hat-tips to the Phillipses in the year-end album don't really seem that odd.

My bad. I searched for "botkin" in the VF search and it didn't come up (this morning or now) but search for complicated and it's right there.

Still weird, but different weird.

More than one family began to wonder if they had separated on bad terms, but nothing except the Botkin journey to the backwoods lends itself to that idea. All the regular features of the Botkin/Phillips friendship appear to continue. I might be wrong. We will see what's what if Geoff continues to be a regular featured expert at the Vision Forum goings-on.

Do my eyes deceive me? Is that ... Knight?! :)

Do my eyes deceive me? Is that ... Knight?! :)

He's back... Grey's anatomy must be on hiatus. It is also possible that he thinks the hive vagina is in a welcoming, holiday mood. 8-)

He thinks we have forgotten about the monster thread that he started and then abandoned when the heat was turned on.

We have not forgotten. We never forget.

GBot is listed as a "top speaker" for the 2012 SAICFF Filmmakers Academy ("Writer, Director & Producer"), along with Isaac Botkin ("Director & Associate Producer"). February 20-22, 2012.

Nice to see you back, Knight.

I echo the nice to see you back Knight - I've been hoping you'll post the answers to the monster thread questions soon :) - and any responses you have to the, um, questions that made you uncomfortable. I can't seem to think of a better way to phrase that this early in the morning.

Archived