IGNORED

Botkin baby(s) anouncement

meda

Well it looks like the 200 year plan is working, both Audri and Nadia are expecting. here is an excerpt from Geoff's end of year email:

Ben and his new bride, Audri, have continued to establish their new home in a new family jurisdiction, and were blessed by the Lord this year with their first child (in utero). Ben has been studying the word with Audri and learning things that have directly benefited his church family as he has preached and exhorted in season and out.

Anna Sofia and Elizabeth, in addition to working with the rest of the family in renovating our new family home, took the time to research and write a definitive book on boy-girl relationships. What impressed us about this project is the way they sought the Lord for wisdom and insight from Scripture, and found it. The book is truly a landmark Christian work that will shepherd the souls of young ladies of their generation. We also saw them stretch their abilities and strengthen their relationships with their brother Isaac by helping him produce a project that we’ll tell you about shortly.

2011 brought the most changes in the life of our son David, who, since our letter last year, went through a marriage-investigation process with a wonderful young lady, became engaged, was married, established his own household, and became a father. We’re excited about welcoming our first grandchild this Spring. David has also been teaching a seminar on a topic he has learned needs more biblical definition: the doctrine of war, military force, and national defense. At some point this will become a book.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well it looks like the 200 year plan is working, both Audri and Nadia are expecting. here is an excerpt from Geoff's end of year email:

Ben and his new bride, Audri, have continued to establish their new home in a new family jurisdiction, and were blessed by the Lord this year with their first child (in utero). Ben has been studying the word with Audri and learning things that have directly benefited his church family as he has preached and exhorted in season and out.

Anna Sofia and Elizabeth, in addition to working with the rest of the family in renovating our new family home, took the time to research and write a definitive book on boy-girl relationships. What impressed us about this project is the way they sought the Lord for wisdom and insight from Scripture, and found it. The book is truly a landmark Christian work that will shepherd the souls of young ladies of their generation. We also saw them stretch their abilities and strengthen their relationships with their brother Isaac by helping him produce a project that we’ll tell you about shortly.

2011 brought the most changes in the life of our son David, who, since our letter last year, went through a marriage-investigation process with a wonderful young lady, became engaged, was married, established his own household, and became a father. We’re excited about welcoming our first grandchild this Spring. David has also been teaching a seminar on a topic he has learned needs more biblical definition: the doctrine of war, military force, and national defense. At some point this will become a book.

Nadia doesn't even warrant a name?

I really don't get this... I know these people consider the grandchild before it's born but Geoff's announcement reads like the baby is here already. Audri's baby is in utero and Nadia's is going to be born in the Spring? Wtf is up with that? Be clear, Geoff. And I guess this does prove that side-hugs can lead to babies... I ask no more questions.

went through a marriage-investigation process

Gee that sounds really romantic. How did the two of you meet? He invesitgated me.

well the lord had to be their only source of info since they have absolutely no experience in the area. imagine finding what you are after in a book you are supposed to be reading.

"topic he has learned needs more biblical definition: the doctrine of war, military force, and national defense."

Let me guess his thoughts : God is on the side of the Botkins. Please.

I really don't get this... I know these people consider the grandchild before it's born but Geoff's announcement reads like the baby is here already. Audri's baby is in utero and Nadia's is going to be born in the Spring? Wtf is up with that? Be clear, Geoff. And I guess this does prove that side-hugs can lead to babies... I ask no more questions.

Yeah, that just sounds really weird to me too. While a given baby is still "cooking" so to speak it seems weird to say you're a parent (from that baby) already, even if pro-life. EVEN if you might count that baby among your children if heaven forbid it should end in a miscarriage even earlyish on.

As came up on another thread (the huge Duggar miscarriage thread perhaps?) it makes you wonder, if they talk like this do they celebrate the conception dates of their kids or what?

"topic he has learned needs more biblical definition: the doctrine of war, military force, and national defense."

Let me guess his thoughts : God is on the side of the Botkins. Please.

Also there's plenty of research and discussion on Just War Theory but I guess that's evil Catholicism so of no use. But does the Botkind think he came up with the very idea, or what?

This has got to be a painful reminder to Ana Sofia and Elizabeth about how they are doomed to stay under Daddy Botkin's grip forever. How many years has it been since they wrote the drivel So Much More and have yet to have any suitors.

What is Nadia's background? She looks Middle Eastern, Lebanese maybe? She must be Christian or she'd have never made it through the investigative part of the courtship. :geek: She's very attractive.

"were blessed by the Lord this year with their first child (in utero)"

"and became a father. We’re excited about welcoming our first grandchild this Spring."

Yeah, that's weird, even for pro-lifers.

Wow - that's one heck of a Christmas letter! And I agree, even among fundies, the reference to babies as if they're already here is a little odd. Most folks I know would mention the expectant mothers, but they'd also be asking for prayer.

What is Nadia's background? She looks Middle Eastern, Lebanese maybe? She must be Christian or she'd have never made it through the investigative part of the courtship. :geek: She's very attractive.

Nadia's father is Egyptian. We'll have to agree to disagree on her attractiveness though...

My MIL does that whole counting a baby before it's born. When we arrived for a early Christmas celebration (my grandmother-in-law had to have surgery) my MIL piped up that the four of us had arrived. I corrected her and said that there were only three of us since our second child was still cooking. I wonder why she's always pissed at me?

Does anyone else suspect that Ben and Audri got pregnant to "keep up" with David and Nadia. I mean, they've been married for over a year and David and Nadia have only been married for a few months YET they will get the distinction of producing the first grandbabotkin. Perhaps Papa Raspbotkin had a stern talk with them and used David and Nadia as examples. Ben and Audri are way behind in getting a start on his 200 year plan. They should already be on baby no. 2 by now.

Nadia's father is Egyptian. We'll have to agree to disagree on her attractiveness though...

Yeah, she is not my type at all. :?

I don't know if I should laugh out loud or just be pissed that two young ladies who have never even kissed a member of the oppoite sex are considered to be such experts on the subject!

I don't know if I should laugh out loud or just be pissed that two young ladies who have never even kissed a member of the oppoite sex are considered to be such experts on the subject!

totally, they should get me to write it, 2 long term (2yr and 3yr) relationships, heaps of short term bfs and more dates and kisses (uh and even a kissing competition one night with a friend. Kissed 10 guys. I won.)

I know a lot more than them.

I like how we all remember Nadia's name, but apparently Papa Botkin can't be bothered. What a douche canoe! Also, good Lord, if these people fart, PB considers it an accomplishment of biblical proportions. Conceited much?

Archived