IGNORED

Botkin baby(s) anouncement

meda

Meda, I'm curious - where/how did you get the link to the email and the pictures?

Every time I read something Geoff Botkin has written, I come to the same conclusion: a big bucket o' crazy, and an supersized portion of self-importance and ego. If he's so all-fired brilliant/famous/renowned, why don't we hear about him in the context of ANY sort of mainstream media?? Truly, he is a legend in his own mind.

I foresee a lifetime of babysitting in A-S and E's future...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the Head Robotkin an American who moved to New Zealand and then back to the US? Or was he born in NZ? As an Aussie, the idea that he comes from somewhere so close by horrifies me. I can't imagine them being taken seriously in NZ.

Also, when the earthquake in Christchurch happened earlier this year, did they mention it at all? I'm not sure if they lived on the north or south island, but New Zealand is a small place and they probably would have known people who were effected.

Is the Head Robotkin an American who moved to New Zealand and then back to the US? Or was he born in NZ? As an Aussie, the idea that he comes from somewhere so close by horrifies me. I can't imagine them being taken seriously in NZ.

Also, when the earthquake in Christchurch happened earlier this year, did they mention it at all? I'm not sure if they lived on the north or south island, but New Zealand is a small place and they probably would have known people who were effected.

I think they were in Christchurch when they lived here, our atleast, pretty close by. I don't remember them mentioning the quakes, but they live such a self centred life. As a Kiwi, I shudder to think they lived here. Uch.

ETA: Apparently they owned Canterbury Television Network, whose building colapsed during the 22nd Feb quake, killing 118 people. :(

Geoff and Gregory Botkin were raised in Tulsa, OK in a family that was not commonly known to be "Marxist" as Geoff would later boast in his capacity as mouthpiece for Vision Forum.

From here: undermuchgrace.blogspot.com/2008/12/who-is-geoffrey-botkin-vision-forum.html hugely interesting piece on the family.

ETA: Apparently they owned Canterbury Television Network, whose building colapsed during the 22nd Feb quake, killing 118 people. :(

Oh my god. That is both horrific and unsurprising somehow. The quake utterly devestated Christchurch and so many people lost everything... I can totally understand them being too selfish to post about THAT, but I would have thought that them being personally effected by the disaster might have made it significant enough to post about. I guess they wouldn't want to mar their perfect image by admitting God used their building to kill 118 people.

The Botkin girls are gorgeous especially Elizabeth - they don't look super fundie with their clothes, makeup, hair and jewelry!!

Is the Head Robotkin an American who moved to New Zealand and then back to the US?

Yes.

I can't imagine them being taken seriously in NZ.

They weren't, which is why they came back. :lol:

I absolutely hate it when people count babies before they're born, especially if it's a first one. No, you're not a mother or father until you've dealt with a crying, hungry, screaming baby. A fetus doesn't count. I can understand that people are excited, but it's not fair to actual parents to claim that title while the baby is still cooking.

Meda, I'm curious - where/how did you get the link to the email and the pictures?

Marian - I also received this from Geoff the ubermensch because at one point I contemplated ordering Return of the Zombie Daughters from the Western Conservatory & actually filled out the order information. I didn't follow through since I subsequently found a copy of it on Ebay.

That was enough, apparently, to get me these astoundingly ridiculous holiday letters.

I absolutely hate it when people count babies before they're born, especially if it's a first one. No, you're not a mother or father until you've dealt with a crying, hungry, screaming baby. A fetus doesn't count. I can understand that people are excited, but it's not fair to actual parents to claim that title while the baby is still cooking.

Agreed. I think people should stick with Mom-to-be, Expecting mother/father, Father/Dad-to-be, etc. as they imply a baby is cooking, but they aren't quite parents yet. If I was pregnant, I would hate people referring to me as a mother when I am not one yet. What if something happens? I would really hate it if people said that early in the pregnancy when the risk for miscarriage is highest. I am also one who feels that baby stuff shouldn't be up until the baby is out and okay (not a tradition-but seeing someone almost lose a preemie, I would be too cautious).

I don't know if I should laugh out loud or just be pissed that two young ladies who have never even kissed a member of the oppoite sex are considered to be such experts on the subject!

Consider also that they describe their work as a book on "boy-girl" relationships and just be pissed. I don't have relationships with "boys" and I'm younger than at least one of the botkinettes. Combine that with the asinine cover art and the whole thing is just irritating.

marriage-investigation process

[Raymond Chandler]The minute she stepped through the door of my parents' home I could see this dame was trouble. She had a pair of short sleeves and a temper to match. "You the guy looking for a wife?" she said, casually brushing a hair from her denim skirt. My hand strayed to the Bible I kept taped under my desk - for emergencies. I looked her in the eye. "Maybe. Who wants to know, lady?"[/Raymond Chandler]

[Raymond Chandler]The minute she stepped through the door of my parents' home I could see this dame was trouble. She had a pair of short sleeves and a temper to match. "You the guy looking for a wife?" she said, casually brushing a hair from her denim skirt. My hand strayed to the Bible I kept taped under my desk - for emergencies. I looked her in the eye. "Maybe. Who wants to know, lady?"[/Raymond Chandler]

Where's the "like" button?

Marian - I also received this from Geoff the ubermensch because at one point I contemplated ordering Return of the Zombie Daughters from the Western Conservatory & actually filled out the order information. I didn't follow through since I subsequently found a copy of it on Ebay.

That was enough, apparently, to get me these astoundingly ridiculous holiday letters.

Yes, this. I have ordered from them and am now on the special mailing list. :roll:

Fetuses count big-time in the fundie world, even if they're a few inches long, weigh a few ounces, are cannot be photographed full body 'cuz they're decomposing. See: Jubilee Shalom Duggar.

I think they were in Christchurch when they lived here, our atleast, pretty close by. I don't remember them mentioning the quakes, but they live such a self centred life. As a Kiwi, I shudder to think they lived here. Uch.

Did he still own it?

Christchurch is my hometown. Im terrified to think that it may have been Botkinville when I was small!

Wow does that last picture (picasaweb.google.com/m/viewer#photo/FreedomsRamparts/5689485855056250017,authkey:Gv1sRgCLm05-ba2unvsgE/5689487133459842754) make me feel sad for Isaac and the girls.

Nice to be the unattached dorks who get to stand there and smile while the kids horse around and the "official couples" make out.

Did he still own it?

Christchurch is my hometown. Im terrified to think that it may have been Botkinville when I was small!

I don't think so, it's far too secular for him. They left here about 10 years ago I think, in the early 00's anyway. Thankfully!

https://picasaweb.google.com/FreedomsRamparts/2011EndOfYearGallery?authkey=Gv1sRgCLm05-ba2unvsgE#5689487537909063250

I like this picture of Ben and Audri and A-S. I think it's one of the first times I've seen her look genuinely happy. Audri looks like a friendly soul. I hope Ben is man enough to not run his family under DaddyB's orders, and actually treat her like a real person.

Audri's georgeous. Only in the fundie world could she get someone as unfortunate looking as Ben.

About Nadia's baby: their features don't look like they would go together well, kwim?

Oohh, thank you for allowing me to dip my toes in the shallow end of the pool...I just don't picture them having a cute baby at all. Nadia is attractive but has very strong features, and David is just kind of dough-y looking.

Archived