IGNORED

Poor fake fundie P.

Sunnichick31

(i keep forgetting to post this!)

Ok, so a couple weeks ago I got together with my best friend from high school. She is literally the only person that I have kept in contact with since graduating, and even though I don't talk to anyone else, anytime I see my friend (we'll call her A.) I ask her about the people that were in our circle of friends in high school. Anyway, when I got together with A. I asked her how her cousin P. was doing. He had been going to college in state, while his girlfriend R. went to some private, Christian all girls college out of state (no idea where.). A. told me that in the last year, P. has quit going to his family's (Catholic) church, got baptized in R.'s church, which A. isn't exactly sure which one it is, but I'm pretty certain it's a baptist church, is basically on his way to becoming fundie (my words, not hers. she doesn't know about my fundie obsession). Then, to make things more interesting, P. called up R.'s dad and asked for her hand in marriage. I guess he consented, but R. broke up with him saying that God didn't want her to get married yet. From what A. has said, it sounds like R. is becoming a fundie (she was already fundie-lite to begin with) and I have no idea what is going to happen with P. since due to his depression over being dumped, he dropped out of college (he was a freshman) and I really have no idea if he's going to stay at R.'s church or if he's going to try to figure out a way to go back to the Catholic church while still saving face.

Gotta love drama. I seriously wish that I could ask A. more questions, but then she'd figure out my fundie addiction and think I'm a weird LOL.

Wow, you have an actual fundy friend... how exciting!

Sorry to hear of your friends' personal problems. It sounds like R probably wanted to end the relationship and used a convenient religious excuse. That's a shame for P., I hope he takes some time to recover and find himself. If he stays fundamentalist, there will probably be lots of other young women who would love to have him (Miss Raquel comes to mind...). Of course I would hope he relaxes his views a bit, but I'm librul and prejudiced.

I have no idea if he'll stay fundie or not. Like I said, I haven't talked to him since I graduated high school, I've just heard about this through his cousin who I do still talk to. I kinda wonder if leaving the Catholic church wasn't a bit of rebellion, like he just wanted to spite his parents and this was the best idea he had. If that was the case, then he might not be fundie anymore. Who knows. I do want the best for him though. I'm about 2 years older than him, and A. is 1 year older, so he is still pretty young. (I'd say he's prolly still 18, maybe 19 right now. Can't remember when his birthday is). He does need to find himself. I really hope that when he does do his soul searching or whatever, he does it with an open mind and multiple religious books from all sorts of authors (liberals, conservatives, non-Christians, basically a little bit of everything.) I would hate for him to get sucked into some of the things discussed on FJ. I'm going to keep asking A. what's going on, and if it sounds like P. is starting to get in a little too deep, I'll just be like "hey, there's this forum you should check out. Keep P. in mind while reading it."

Archived