IGNORED

Giving birth in a fishtank: I wish I was kidding.

clarinetpower

koibirth.blogspot.com/

This has to be a joke. But whoa. I guess I've spent too much time reading fundie blogs because this kind of crazy doesn't surprise me much.

:roll:

I seriously hope it is a joke. She's so concerned about those damn fish and the tank being clean BEFORE the birth...funny she doesn't mention how they will fare in bloody, amniotic fluid filled, mucousy gunky water immediately AFTER the birth. Hmm. Birth is messy.

Totally a joke - unless the last question is the only part that is a joke.

And seriously, no matter how clean the water in a fish tank is to support the fishy lives, they still poop in there.

It HAS to be a joke. Anyone who has a tank that big, with that many fish - which are VERY expensive at that size - knows a lot about them. There's no way they would risk the health of the fish, forget about the baby...

Not sure if it is a joke, but i have heard of dolphin assisted births. At my birth classes I watched videos of women giving birth in the sea. It was actually pretty beautiful, but i'm a hippie-dippie & I've already had a water birth in my dining room, so I'm kinda already "one of them". :mrgreen: lmao

A water birth in your dining room was done with clean water, I'm assuming, and no creatures that will poop constantly and try and take little bites of matter in the water while you're pushing your child out.

Theres no way this is a good idea...

A water birth in your dining room was done with clean water, I'm assuming, and no creatures that will poop constantly and try and take little bites of matter in the water while you're pushing your child out.

Theres no way this is a good idea...

:lol:

I was referring to the birthing in the sea being beautiful, not the fish tank. Definitely not the fish tank.

I'd be too afraid a dingo shark would eat my baby.

(I totally thought there was a shark smilie, but I can't find it. I did find this one, however, and I love it, so here you go.

FreeJinger Group Hug!!!

:romance-grouphug: )

I read elsewhere that it's a joke put up by a midwife who's kind of poking fun at the way some mothers try to outdo each other with the most out-there wacky crunchy birth. I don't know if that's true, but it seems believable.

It is by a girl in my DDC on MDC (mothering dot com) and it is totally a joke! MDC is full of the craxy and people try to outcrunchy each other!

Totally a joke - unless the last question is the only part that is a joke.

And seriously, no matter how clean the water in a fish tank is to support the fishy lives, they still poop in there.

OK, all together now, in your best W. C. Fields voice:

"I never drink water -- fish fuck in it."

We need a W. C. Fields smiley.

Archived