IGNORED

People is reporting that Michelle Duggar miscarried MERGED

MerryHappy

I think it is really a very pretty well done cake...just bizarre for what they are doing it for.

Plus I like cake.

I agree, it's a very well done cake. So is that uber creepy blue baby one, but the skills used to make that one are completely overshadowed by the creepy.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, it's a very well done cake. So is that uber creepy blue baby one, but the skills used to make that one are completely overshadowed by the creepy.

Indeed. I can't even look at that cake, it truly is very disturbing. I would not have been able to eat a piece had I been at that shower.

A prom dress - we were at a ball thrown by clibbyjo!

That, my lovelies, is how one does a Cake Roll! I was wearing a vintage Valentino midnight blue velvet gown and a coronet of sapphires.

6552504931_a5cabb58dc.jpg

Uh... OK.

I guess he was trying to be sweet? It is sweet, in a way. But why would he not love her after a miscarriage? Just a poor choice of words?

The "Blue Baby Autopsy Cake" made me throw up a little in my mouth. Can you imagine being at a baby shower and they bring that monstrosity out?? I hope the mother to be had seen it prior to the unveiling. The shock at seeing it would be enough to trigger her to go into labour on the spot.

The "Blue Baby Autopsy Cake" made me throw up a little in my mouth. Can you imagine being at a baby shower and they bring that monstrosity out?? I hope the mother to be had seen it prior to the unveiling. The shock at seeing it would be enough to trigger her to go into labour on the spot.

Apparently mother-to-be WANTED this cake (was not aware mom-to-be's picked out their own shower cakes...). According to further info on the Cake Wrecks site anyway. Not sure she asked specifically for it to look like a dead baby on an medical tray, but apparently she wanted something like this.

Even if that is the case, I do wonder about other guests at the shower though, who might have found it disturbing, or hitting too close to home (since it DOES look like a stillborn/dead baby).

Cake Wrecks has a long tradition of showing just how bizarre and tasteless baby shower cakes can be. Some are clearly well-made, with great skill and work going into them, which somehow blows me away even more than if they were poorly-made.

Uh... OK.

I guess he was trying to be sweet? It is sweet, in a way. But why would he not love her after a miscarriage? Just a poor choice of words?

Without the "still" and the plastic baby, it might not have been so bad.

But I guess it didn't occur to him to do that, or that a nice plain iced cake (or maybe just with "I love you" on it), and a card or conversation for the rest of the sentiment would be the way to go.

I can just imagine this woman chanting "he means well, it's the thought that counts, I love him" over and over like a mantra.

Yes, exactly, the "still" makes the difference. That's why I thought maybe just a poor choice of words (he didn't think it through too much?) But he was trying to empathize, I think.

And the mantra... yes!! LOL

I suppose people who work in cake shops have to develop excellent poker faces.

I have seen some very creepy "baby cakes" that look like they SHOULD be for fetus funerals, but are rather for baby showers.

This one is one of the more disturbing versions I have seen:

10710906-14913861-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1320126483806

tumblr_ltzuc1nMoB1qaqlyro1_500.jpg

10710906-14913884-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1320126672521

Seriously, the baby is blue, laid out on a metal "slab" and with eyes closed, and surgical instruments at the read. It sure does not look healthy. It looks stillborn. Now the top of its skull & brain are cut off! WTF! And yes, this was at a baby shower.

ETA: PS, it is red velvet and the container in the last picture is meant for "extra slime".

Umm. Wow. That is VERY disturbing! :shock:

Tell me it is not red velvet cake... and why is there a small container of what looks like blood next to it?

eta: anyone else think of the armadillo groom's cake in Steel Magnolias?

Tell me it is not red velvet cake... and why is there a small container of what looks like blood next to it?

eta: anyone else think of the armadillo groom's cake in Steel Magnolias?

That's what I thought of right away, too!

That's what I thought of right away, too!

Judging by what I've seen on Cake Wrecks, it seems to be pretty standard to make anything that's supposed to look like flesh (when cut) out of red velvet cake.

Gross, eh?

That one actually looks more like chocolate to me, though.

Ummm.... if the Dead Baby cake didn't creep me out enough, did anyone notice, the fact that some one would get a hunk of anus cake? I mean it looks like the picture cuts off, but is that an anus I see waiting to be put on a little cake plate?

Now I am going to go shudder in the corner, and pray I don't have nightmares about dead baby cake.

Especially if they were made with baby Jubilee

You're clearly the same troll who made the same exact comment last week under a name like FatWomanWithNothingToDo. Yawn.

Archived