IGNORED

People is reporting that Michelle Duggar miscarried MERGED

MerryHappy

Just so you all know how the last 30 pages or so of this thread played out in my head, it went a little something like this:

Everyone standing around conversing about the obit and fetus festival

Argument breaks out among a small group about abortion and fathers right, ad nauseum

Argument starts to devolve into a screaming match and people are about to toss their drinks in one another faces and throw the eff down

Angri-la leisurely walks by the fray, holding up creepiest cake ever, explaining loudly to a friend that it's a fetus funeral cake

Argument suddenly comes to a halt as everyone's head swivels in amazement and disgust to learn about creepybabycakes

I watch from across the room like this --> :lol:

What was I wearing :lol:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just so you all know how the last 30 pages or so of this thread played out in my head, it went a little something like this:

Argument breaks out among a small group about abortion and fathers right, ad nauseum

Argument starts to devolve into a screaming match and people are about to toss their drinks in one another faces and throw the eff down

Angri-la leisurely walks by the fray, holding up creepiest cake ever, explaining loudly to a friend that it's a fetus funeral cake

Argument suddenly comes to a halt as everyone's head swivels in amazement and disgust to learn about creepybabycakes

It's always Angri-la with the cake, isn't it?

:D

Yay, my new curse phrase is being used!

I feel so proud!

Just so you know, people in the middle ages used to curse by saying God's (insert body part here). Only royalty could curse by saying God's hair or nose. If you were low on the pecking order then I guess you had to swear by His toes or something.

Wait, nevermind you all knew this already didn't you? :oops:

I knew that because in my early teenage years I read and reread Catherine, Called Birdy quite a few times. She spends a lot of time trying to find a good "God's [body part]" oath. :lol:

That is just one of the thousands of books written durring those times that mention cursing that way. Now watch, someone who has a real history degree will burst my bubble and say that it never happened. :whistle:

Just so you know, people in the middle ages used to curse by saying God's (insert body part here). Only royalty could curse by saying God's hair or nose. If you were low on the pecking order then I guess you had to swear by His toes or something.

Wait, nevermind you all knew this already didn't you? :oops:

I didn't, but it makes sense out of some of the phrases I've read. Thanks!

(Where on the pecking order does one have to be to use prostate?! :shock: )

You are sooooo bad. :naughty: :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist! I'm just trying to reserve my place in the FJ suite in h*ll with the rest of y'all. :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist! I'm just trying to reserve my place in the FJ suite in h*ll with the rest of y'all. :lol:

Talking like that I just hope you sit by me.

^ Awesome :D

Humph, I don't think I was screaming, was I? If my voice was a little louder than usual it was probably because Experiencedd mixed my martini too strong. Anyway it was pretty obvious that the discussion was over and there was nothing more to bring to the table except cake.

You know what's kind of sad? As creepy as that funeral baby cake is, I'd still have a piece. Maybe two.

I have seen some very creepy "baby cakes" that look like they SHOULD be for fetus funerals, but are rather for baby showers.

This one is one of the more disturbing versions I have seen:

10710906-14913861-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1320126483806

tumblr_ltzuc1nMoB1qaqlyro1_500.jpg

10710906-14913884-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1320126672521

Seriously, the baby is blue, laid out on a metal "slab" and with eyes closed, and surgical instruments at the read. It sure does not look healthy. It looks stillborn. Now the top of its skull & brain are cut off! WTF! And yes, this was at a baby shower.

ETA: PS, it is red velvet and the container in the last picture is meant for "extra slime".

You know what's kind of sad? As creepy as that funeral baby cake is, I'd still have a piece. Maybe two.

So would I. I've never been to a funeral with a cake like that. Usually people just bring an assortment of food. Funeral food is usually pretty good around here, but no creepy cakes.

I think it is really a very pretty well done cake...just bizarre for what they are doing it for.

Plus I like cake.

Seriously, the baby is blue, laid out on a metal "slab" and with eyes closed, and surgical instruments at the read. It sure does not look healthy. It looks stillborn. Now the top of its skull & brain are cut off! WTF! And yes, this was at a baby shower.

Personally, I think the closed eyes are a feature, not a bug. I don't want to think about how I'd feel if that dead blue fetus was staring at me.

I have seen some very creepy "baby cakes" that look like they SHOULD be for fetus funerals, but are rather for baby showers.

This one is one of the more disturbing versions I have seen:

10710906-14913884-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1320126672521

If I may quote Ouiser from Steel Magnolias, "That looks like an autopsy."

Archived