IGNORED

Oh MY GOD this blog makes my head spin

Beeks

Wow. I'm glad to know he has man hands and man arms and man hair. ELEVENTY!!111!!!!! His paintings are just bizarre.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Houses of that style (large one-story) don't exist in my area, but if they did, they'd go for... a lot. A house like that is a pipe dream for me, too--and we've been saving to move for more than three years and earn more than average for this area.

As for the neatness, when I lived alone in a nice 900 sf apartment, I could get my place to look that tidy--because I had more than enough room and plenty of closet space. She's got three (four?) bedrooms all to herself! We all could look like we're living in a catalog if we had that much room to ourselves.

I really wonder what she's like in person. Is she THAT intense and enthusiastic? Is there a lot of shrieking?

In some early posts she admits she is "loud" and "a talker", so I would guess the answer to that is a resounding YES!!!!!11!!

She doesn't strike me as an avid reader. And it depresses me how few people have bookshelves in their homes. Whenever I come across someone that does, I spent about 20 minutes being a rude guest, perusing their books.

Ha, if you came here it would take you more than 20 minutes to peruse all our books! :lol:

Ha, if you came here it would take you more than 20 minutes to peruse all our books! :lol:

Right now I only have room for two bookshelves in my living room, the rest are all stored in boxes or hanging out in various rooms. Having a personal library in my future home is a big goal of mine.

I am an avid reader, but I confess that you would not find a large number of books in my house. :oops: I am much more likely to come home with an armload from the library than to actually purchase a book. I do have a few shelves of books, but nothing extensive.

Our "library" is currently a train wreck due to moving and our inability to stop buying books despite having no more shelves...

Right now I only have room for two bookshelves in my living room, the rest are all stored in boxes or hanging out in various rooms. Having a personal library in my future home is a big goal of mine.

Me too, I would love to live in a place which actually has enough room for enough bookshelves to store all my books - even though I use the library heavily and acquire some through giveaways or cheap used sales, there are a lot I don't want to part with.

My house has 6 book shelves, and two dressers (yes, dressers, I ran out of shelf space so I used empty dressers) full of books and we still don't have enough room for all of them.

She doesn't strike me as an avid reader. And it depresses me how few people have bookshelves in their homes. Whenever I come across someone that does, I spent about 20 minutes being a rude guest, perusing their books.

It would take you a lot longer than 20 minutes if you were at my house.

ETA: And I wouldn't consider it rudeness on your part.

Sadly, I know someone with her same personality in real life. She is annoying as hell and makes me want to muzzle her.

Call me a bitch, but I think she looks older than 30. Maybe it's the make-up.

And if 38 is old, then I should be dead and buried.

It's def the make-up. I'm not much for make-up myself, but even I can tell that white eye shadow is aging. And yeah, eight or nine years is not really an age difference once you're past 25 or so.

I rather like her from her blog, but I suspect she comes off different in real life. Still perky and enthusiastic, but probably not literally screaming in your face.

Come the fuck on. Women can't show their ankles, but we can talk about Jesus' magical love finger???

if we could have signatures, this would be going in it. my fiance gave me a weird look cuz i just busted out laughing. of course, i had to read the post to him and he found it quite funny as well. :P

3) Is it not just a little weird that she FREAKS OUT THAT HE'S 38!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*foot shuffle* my fiance is 38...and i'm 24! so HA i got her beat!

It's def the make-up. I'm not much for make-up myself, but even I can tell that white eye shadow is aging. And yeah, eight or nine years is not really an age difference once you're past 25 or so.

I rather like her from her blog, but I suspect she comes off different in real life. Still perky and enthusiastic, but probably not literally screaming in your face.

There's a few pictures of her on her blog with no makeup and she's actually really pretty and looks college age. If she would go for a more natural look, she would appear much younger. I hate the white raccoon eyes look. My aunt used to do that and it just looks so bad.

also, i just noticed this...i find it funny that in the one picture she feels that she has to label the two deer on the side of the road...as if people wouldn't know what they are

she's 30, and guys her age don't look "manly"? wtf?

that house does nothing for me at all. it looks like a mcmansioney "builder home", and then she purchased all of the furnishings, already accessorized and assembled, from Rooms 2 Go.

Nice, clean, tasteful, but completely without personality.

also, i just noticed this...i find it funny that in the one picture she feels that she has to label the two deer on the side of the road...as if people wouldn't know what they are

When my husband and I were dating, we went on a road trip to a small town on one of the Great Lakes (our college was in a big city), and the only goal he had for the whole 3-day trip was to see a deer. Granted, he's from a continent on which deer are not indigenous...

Anyway, maybe the label helps some deer-ignorant person out there. ;)

I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually feel sorry for this girl. Her way-too-eager giddiness is cringe-worthy...and might very well get her into a whole lot more grief. It feels like she was just desperate for a guy, any guy. Minus the makeup, she's much cuter than her Hairy-Armed Wonder, and she seems to be pretty well-set-up with such a nicely decorated home. You wonder what he brings to the table, aside from the fact that he's a MAN with man hands. Is he taking on any of HER interests? Or is it all about her morphing and changing to fit into HIS world, what with wearing shirts from his favorite team?

You wonder what unpleasant surprises she might have ahead of her. In the conservative Christian world, a 38-year-old who's never been married is either gay or struggling with other issues that would make him not such a "good catch."

Desperation often leads to heartbreak. I hope I'm wrong...but I'm guessing the poor thing is going to end up very unhappy, one way or another, if she presses on toward a June wedding.

Our "library" is currently a train wreck due to moving and our inability to stop buying books despite having no more shelves...

Oh, god, me too. We've filled seven Ikea Billy bookcases and there are still piles of books everywhere that won't fit. But she didn't even have one little shelf. No library book on her bedside table. Nothing! I'd be so bored (and boring) without anything to read.

after we outgrew four floor to ceiling book cases and several other smaller ones, and i had to purge and donate books, i got a kindle.

changed my freakin' life.

I second the others. We've had to give away entire bookcases worth of books because we can't afford a house with a library space. Right now we have 3 full bookcases in our little study-like area. It seems like sooooo many books compared to that of our friends who have none, but I feel like a hypocrite next to you proud library-owning FreeJingerites.

It would take you a lot longer than 20 minutes if you were at my house.

ETA: And I wouldn't consider it rudeness on your part.

This. I like people to visit my books when they come over. (I'm currently at 8 full-size bookshelves - not always stacked neatly - and two smaller ones in my daughter's room and the kitchen.

i love when people browse my books, too! i've zoomed straight past "acquaintance" into SOUL SISTAH merely because somebody said, "Geek Love?! You have Geek Love?! I LOVE that book!".

after we outgrew four floor to ceiling book cases and several other smaller ones, and i had to purge and donate books, i got a kindle.

changed my freakin' life.

You and me both. The best news is that we don't have to move out of our house! :D

Archived