IGNORED

Oh MY GOD this blog makes my head spin

Beeks

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, good question. But the answer probably isn't very interesting: she's renting it, and it's in Arkansas--the rent is probably under $1000/mo.

This is getting very off-topic, but I sometimes think my quality of life would be 100x better if I lived in a quiet, cheap place like NWA. Then I realize that I wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of finding people like myself there... not if the "typical" NWA woman is like Kelly or Caroline. (And I don't dislike either of them... I am just nothing like them.)

She is in no way a typical Arkansan, especially in NWA.

Yeah, good question. But the answer probably isn't very interesting: she's renting it, and it's in Arkansas--the rent is probably under $1000/mo.

This is getting very off-topic, but I sometimes think my quality of life would be 100x better if I lived in a quiet, cheap place like NWA. Then I realize that I wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of finding people like myself there... not if the "typical" NWA woman is like Kelly or Caroline. (And I don't dislike either of them... I am just nothing like them.)

1. NONONONO. NWA is nice, but it's still ass-backwards (unless you live in Fayetteville). Sure, you can have a 2500 sqft new home for under $200k (the photos of her house - every damn new house there looks just like that outside and insine), but you can't find a good Italian restaurant (or pizza, for pete's sake), Country music in on 99% of the radio stations, and most people are NRA-lovin', Yankee/democrat/Obama hating, "good ol' boys" or doodied-up southern chicks. Now that Walmart Vendors have moved so many people in there, things are changing, but there's still a very pervasive bible-thumping contingency.

2. I think that this chick is for real. And I know all of the spots where she has taken photos. (I do love Eureka Springs, MO, dagnabbit).

Sigh. When we go back to visit, I have to keep an eye out for these people.

1) OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO WEARS THAT MUCH MAKEUP WHILE HIKING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) She teaches people? High school people? I wrote better than she does in middle school. I know she teaches art but still.

3) Is it not just a little weird that she FREAKS OUT THAT HE'S 38!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT he's hair and has MAN STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, what 30-year old men was she dating who look like high-schoolers?

4) We are SURE this is real? Haha. Great find Beeks... this is quite entertaining :)

Call me a bitch, but I think she looks older than 30. Maybe it's the make-up.

And if 38 is old, then I should be dead and buried.

Call me a bitch, but I think she looks older than 30. Maybe it's the make-up.

And if 38 is old, then I should be dead and buried.

Agreed. I know it's a TX thing, but I don't get it, or think it's flattering at all.

Also, Holy Shit that house. I AM moving to AK... I probably pay what she pays and I live in a studio... with my husband. HA.

Also, WORST art wall ever. Call me a bitch, but all her art is hideous. No offense the "art" she and her betrothed make looks like something a high-schooler would paint.

God told her that she would never get married in her current school district (she's an art teacher). So she up and moved to Arkansas. As of July she had no boyfriend but was wishfully hoping to be married within a year. As of this month, she's in love with a slightly older fellow teacher (she is 30, believe it or not) and says they have already discussed rings. RUN DUDE, RUN! She's a stage 5 clinger, for sure!

I am now picturing this woman as literally insane:

"Maybe by then i will be getting married hahahhaha! LORD LET IT BE SOOOOOOO!!! ha! "

:shock: :D ;) :shock: :? :D :cry: :D :D :D

No matter how out there she is, she's definitely for real. She's friends with a lot of the other NWA bloggers.

snarkykitty, there is absolutely no chance I will ever end up in Arkansas! I can only imagine how my husband would react if I suggested it. (Hints: His favorite US city is San Francisco, he's a vegetarian, and he's a monthly donor to the ACLU.)

Alecto, I doubt there really is a "typical" NWA woman, but there does seems to be a certain similarity among mommy bloggers from the area: they all live in similar houses, dress relatively fashionably, have "done" hair, go to big churches, talk about Jesus a lot, have fancy birthday parties for their (trendily named) kids...

I really hope she posts more about Shane. He looks pretty normal, but what type of guy would marry a girl like this??

The Fragrance of God? What does God smell like, exactly?

I thought it was Old Spice... if that guy wasn't God, I'm not interested.

1) OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO WEARS THAT MUCH MAKEUP WHILE HIKING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahah!! I thought that too. Actually I thought "wow, she is really trying to impress that guy".

Her makeup is UGLY. I'm not really that great at putting on makeup myself, but even I can see it. She's made her face look two-toned, something about where she starts the blush or the shade of it being too dark/orange.

3) Is it not just a little weird that she FREAKS OUT THAT HE'S 38!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT he's hair and has MAN STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, what 30-year old men was she dating who look like high-schoolers?

Yeah, I wanted to tell her that too. 30 to 38 is REALLY NOT THAT BIG A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!! (She really does seem like a high school kid herself sometimes).

The guy does look a little old for his age, I guess, but fairly normal other than that. (And maybe being a teacher will do that to you.)

I really hope she posts more about Shane. He looks pretty normal, but what type of guy would marry a girl like this??

Right!? I envision him being crushed and heartbroken when she realizes that OMG Y'all, I have to make THE DIRTY with this MAN!!!!!! And his hairy MAN STUFF!!!!! And then she breaks off the engagement. Because frankly, I don't think she's mature enough for a real relationship. Which is sad, given her age.

Agreed. I know it's a TX thing, but I don't get it, or think it's flattering at all.

Also, Holy Shit that house. I AM moving to AK... I probably pay what she pays and I live in a studio... with my husband. HA.

Also, WORST art wall ever. Call me a bitch, but all her art is hideous. No offense the "art" she and her betrothed make looks like something a high-schooler would paint.

I am soooooo jealous of her house. I don't know when I will EVER be able to afford a house like that. And how does she keep it so impossibly neat and nice-looking? I could not make my place look that nice if I cleaned full time for weeks. I would do away with all the extra tiny pillows on the bed though. (yikes, I am starting to sound like Taryn).

I like her art though. I don't think it's hideous at all. She has good taste in design and style.

ETA: agree, haveapicniclife. I really wonder if Shane has read her blog...?

A man who needs a "beard"?

That's a huge house. But where are her books? I get weirded out by people who don't have any books.

She doesn't strike me as an avid reader. And it depresses me how few people have bookshelves in their homes. Whenever I come across someone that does, I spent about 20 minutes being a rude guest, perusing their books.

"He totally has man hands and he totally has man arms and man hair. It is so fun because sometimes guys look like they are still in high school at my age and stuff. ha!"

Are you fucking kidding me? Is she in the ninth grade or something? What is he supposed to have, gorilla arms? I guess she seems nice, but she would irritate the living daylights out of me in 0.5 seconds if I ever met her in person. I even block my own mother's facebook posts because she overuses exclamation points.

I am soooooo jealous of her house. I don't know when I will EVER be able to afford a house like that. And how does she keep it so impossibly neat and nice-looking? I could not make my place look that nice if I cleaned full time for weeks.

Houses of that style (large one-story) don't exist in my area, but if they did, they'd go for... a lot. A house like that is a pipe dream for me, too--and we've been saving to move for more than three years and earn more than average for this area.

As for the neatness, when I lived alone in a nice 900 sf apartment, I could get my place to look that tidy--because I had more than enough room and plenty of closet space. She's got three (four?) bedrooms all to herself! We all could look like we're living in a catalog if we had that much room to ourselves.

I really wonder what she's like in person. Is she THAT intense and enthusiastic? Is there a lot of shrieking?

Oh my gosh, she scares me! I do imagine there is a lot of shrieking, and I too wonder why this man puts up with her. Also, this concerns me:

I don't know the first thing about being a girlfriend or how a relationship should be.

And they are engaged already?

ETA: Just noticed that I leveled up to Secretly a Duggar!

ETA again: I need to move to this area. I can't believe she can afford so much house! And how did she afford to furnish it all?

Really, who puts an area rug in the kitchen? Yuck, I feel like that would get so dirty.

Girlfriend needs to put down the spackle knife, for pete's sake!

Archived