IGNORED

Why does soap attract the crazies?

Freed

I've seen Dr. Bronner and his amazing(ly verbose) soap bottles mentioned here before. I'm not sure where/if he rates on the Fundie Scale, but the All-or-None thing weirds me out a bit. He does seem rather harmless, though. How does he fit in over here?

Exhibit B is a bit weirder. I don't know if anyone here has heard of Miracle II soap, but it's a pretty strange thing. According to the creator, God woke him up at 3AM and wrote the recipe on the wall. The claims are... out there, but they seem to be taken off the website now. Oh, and the first ingredient is 'prayer.' miraclesoap.com

There's a hilarious article denouncing Miracle II soap as Satanic and actually full of demons. I spent way too much time laughing at it. The article can be found here: libertytothecaptives.net/miracle_II_real_master_soap_ingredients.html

What do y'all think?

If you have Netflix, you can watch Dr Bronner's Magic Soapbox on streaming. He's fascinating. Seriously.

His mission was to "unite all mankind" yet he left his own kid in orphanages and foster homes while he toured around. I suspect he was only sane on some days of the week.

If you have Netflix, you can watch Dr Bronner's Magic Soapbox on streaming. He's fascinating. Seriously.

His mission was to "unite all mankind" yet he left his own kid in orphanages and foster homes while he toured around. I suspect he was only sane on some days of the week.

Those not ending in 'y,' I assume.

i can only think they are looking for something to wash away their sin and make them pure again. and make their daughter's hymens grow back.

i think it's lady macbeth syndrome.

I love the actual Dr Bronner's product. I get the lavender scent. It works great as a cleanser- I don't use it as a shampoo. You can sometimes find travel size bottles at Target for a few dollars, if you want to just try it. It's cheap enough that even if you hate it, it's not a big expense.

I've tried everything for ring around the collar, and I like this the best to pre-wash/rinse the collar before the wash. Rarely do I need to add any additional treatment.

I found some recipe for fragrance free shampoo online that used Dr. Bronner's soap. It's terrible. Don't ever, ever use it. :(

Haha, as soon as I read the thread title I thought, "She must have discovered Dr. Bronners!" I love their stuff. I get a little dizzy trying to understand what the heck the bottle is trying to say but it's good soap. You can use it to make your own baby wipes (a a couple drops to a 2 oz spray bottle with water, spray on baby's bottom, wipe), dish soap (mix with water and vinegar), clean your house, clean your body, some people mix it with coconut oil for shampoo, use it with Borax and washing soda to wash your clothes, and so on. Their lip balm is good too.

I love reading the Dr. Bonner's bottle. I'll have to watch the netflix. I agree with others that it works really well as a cleanser, but not so hot as a shampoo -- I'll need to try adding the coconut oil

This is such a great forum .. I'm taking the day off , slept in am having my first cup of coffee and already laughed, got angry about something, learned some political trivia, was shocked AND learned how to make shampoo ! :lol:

The forum is like Dr. Bonner's --- all purpose

The recipe I used had Dr. Bronner's baby soap, aloe vera gel, glycerine and vegetable oil (I used olive.) My hair turned greasy and sticky and came out in wads when I tried to brush it!

Gave up on that idea quick and got some real shampoo from the closest health food store.

I still have the Dr. Bronner's though... maybe it has some use yet! :D

I buy Dr. Bonner's soap because it smells good and it works on my stone table. No other soaps seem to get it clean, it's always filmy. I feel a little bad buying it because I think the guy might be a nutjob, but I need a clean table!!

I try not to read the bottle, it irks too much.

I've never heard of miracle soap. Wow.

Here's the recipe. I haven't tried it so if you try it and it sucks, don't kill me ;) crunchybetty.com/not-ready-for-no-poo-try-sorta-poo-with-coconut-milk-and-castille

I love doc Bronners peppermint soap. As for the bottles, my dh and I joke about how in the movie "memento" the lead character was covered with tattoos that made him look like a walking dc bronners bottle.

:D

Their "gentle" baby soap made my eyes hurt and my vision temporarily bad, never ever use that stuff!

In the way back daze, Bronners wasn't very available. Some granola health food stores would carry the product, maybe a sporting goods store. Even in CA only miles away from the good Dr. we'd have the choice of mail ordering or driving out for a visit. We would always choose the visit, he had a serious stash of good drugs.

I am a bit crunchy when it comes to cleaning products. I love Dr. Bonner's Castile soap, Mrs. Meyer's products, vinegar, borax, and salt ( if I need to really scrub.). I find the similarities between fundies and crunchies hilarious, only because I an sure the fundies would be horrified.

If I remember, isn't he now deceased and his kiddos (who were treated so poorly) run his business and get the money?

If I remember, isn't he now deceased and his kiddos (who were treated so poorly) run his business and get the money?

Thats my understanding. I also think they sold an interest to some other health related small company. I last saw him in '91.

Oh, he's been dead for over a decade. The family has continued the business.

I love doc Bronners peppermint soap. As for the bottles, my dh and I joke about how in the movie "memento" the lead character was covered with tattoos that made him look like a walking dc bronners bottle.

:D

Their "gentle" baby soap made my eyes hurt and my vision temporarily bad, never ever use that stuff!

I LOVE the peppermint, too. There was a joke among my housemates in college that they all wanted to shower after me so they could enjoy the residual peppermint fragrance.

Archived