IGNORED

Why does soap attract the crazies?

Freed

After these threads, I've been tempted to get a bottle of that soap the next time I'm at Target, but I might start with the travel size first as I like both peppermint and lavender scented things.

never heard of doc bonner! sounds interesting, though, mayhaps i'll have to check his stuff out...

I am a "hobby" soapmaker, that is, I make handmade CP (cold process) soap from scratch. I do not sell; I make it for myself, family, close friends only. I do, however, know of a number of makers of small-batch, handmade soaps whose products are fantastic. These people are reputable honest business-women who sell an excellent product for a fair price.

Dr. Bronner's stuff doesn't even fit in the same category as the products of these people.

As for the "Miracle" soap-- what a joke.

This kind of stuff makes my friends just roll their eyes and shake their heads.

I have a good friend I stay with when I go back east to take my daughter to see her grandparents. One day, I got to her place before she got off work, and she'd left me a note to take a shower. I did so, and, glasses off, grabbed a bottle of liquid body wash with a blue label, squirted a liberal amount on my washcloth, and, since I was very itchy and uncomfortable in my female parts, proceeded to immediately soap the kitty.

Needless to say, it was quite, quite tingly. It's been a joke between us ever since, and every time I go there, there is a bottle of Dr. Bonners waiting for me. :lol:

Apple - Links? I love good homemade soap! Even moreso when it's a fair price! :) Also--tips for soapmaking? I've been wanting to do it for years but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I have a good friend I stay with when I go back east to take my daughter to see her grandparents. One day, I got to her place before she got off work, and she'd left me a note to take a shower. I did so, and, glasses off, grabbed a bottle of liquid body wash with a blue label, squirted a liberal amount on my washcloth, and, since I was very itchy and uncomfortable in my female parts, proceeded to immediately soap the kitty.

Needless to say, it was quite, quite tingly. It's been a joke between us ever since, and every time I go there, there is a bottle of Dr. Bonners waiting for me. :lol:

I was going to warn you about the peppermint soap "down there...."

Obviously, I've also been there, done that.

Apple - Links? I love good homemade soap! Even moreso when it's a fair price! :) Also--tips for soapmaking? I've been wanting to do it for years but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I don't want to use this board to advertise specific individuals (this may be a violation of TOU?) but I will PM you a couple of people who have awesome products you can purchase if desired.

As for learning soapmaking:

Best website (she has lots of good, and free, information)

http://www.millersoap.com/

Best books on soapmaking are by Alicia Grosso.

http://www.magicalsoap.com/MagicalSoapBooks.html

Best internet forum on soapmaking

http://www.thedishforum.com

Oh, I noticed in the co-op that Dr. Bronners is starting to carry some organic food items. I actually have a jar of coconut oil with their brand on it.

And anything with hemp in it has to be good.

I'd heard a bit on NPR a way back that they were also buying olive oil from a Palestinians who believe that they can live in peace with Israeli's on the same soil.

This Bronner guy and his soap are from my hometown! And I've never even tried it. I'll have to do that at some point.

Waaay,though back in the sixties/seventies, when long deninm skirts and Birks were not fundie,DB's was essential from laundry to douche,to bathing the dog.

I would be afraid to let it touch my skin now though!

Waaay,though back in the sixties/seventies, when long deninm skirts and Birks were not fundie,DB's was essential from laundry to douche,to bathing the dog.

I would be afraid to let it touch my skin now though!

Since when are birks fundie? Even now all the people I know who are birk lovers are still on the hippie side.

I loooove Dr Bronner's lavender soap. It makes my floors smell heavenly! Also, I love that it's safe enough to wash myself and my kiddo's in, so I don't worry at all about them ingesting or absorbing it accidentally like I used to with my old cleaning products (buh-bye, Mr. Clean!). OMG I sound like a commercial. But I just love it so!

I haven't tried the peppermint, but it looks like I'm going to have to. I like the idea of a peppermint-scented house for Christmas :)

Archived