IGNORED

Does this look like fearmongering to you?

AnnoDomini

As it was presented, I actually kind of agree with it, but those stories seemed to be such little things blown way out of proportion that I suspect they may not have been portrayed exactly as they happened.

IF the one kid was was removed just because of church, I think that is ridiculous. My personal opinion is that thirteen is old enough to start making your own religious decisions and parents who want to have good relationships with their kids once they're grown and gone will at least listen and have conversations with their kids about that sort of thing. But I also think that, unless church attendance is somehow affecting the health of the child, parents have the right to decide how often their kids go to church.

Where do the kid's rights begin? Church three times a week? I could not create a better recipe for rebellion (against parents) if I tried. Frankly, I get rather pissy when my free time is arbitrarily infringed on, and after going to school all day (in our area, Wed. night services are common), the last thing I can imagine wanting to do is go to church. Just like too many extracurriculars can interfere with family and academic life, so can too much time spent in church.

Archived