IGNORED

Fellowship Baptist Creation Science Fair 2001

OnceModestTwiceShy

Poe or real? I can't tell! :shock: It reads like parody, but if you go to the site, they have photos of the kids...

http://objectiveministries.org/creation ... efair.html

Elementary School Level:

1st Place: "My Uncle Is A Man Named Steve (Not A Monkey)"

Cassidy Turnbull (grade 5) presented her uncle, Steve. She also showed photographs of monkeys and invited fairgoers to note the differences between her uncle and the monkeys. She tried to feed her uncle bananas, but he declined to eat them. Cassidy has conclusively shown that her uncle is no monkey.

2nd Place: "Pine Cones Are Complicated"

David Block and Trevor Murry (grades 4) showed how specifically complicated pine cones are and how they reveal God's design in nature.

Honorable Mention:

"God Made Kitty" - Sally Reister (grade 3)

"The Bible Says Creation" - Aaron Kent (grade 5)

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" - Paul Sanborn (grade 4)

Middle School Level:

1st Place: "Life Doesn't Come From Non-Life"

Patricia Lewis (grade 8) did an experiment to see if life can evolve from non-life. Patricia placed all the non-living ingredients of life - carbon (a charcoal briquet), purified water, and assorted minerals (a multi-vitamin) - into a sealed glass jar. The jar was left undisturbed, being exposed only to sunlight, for three weeks. (Patricia also prayed to God not to do anything miraculous during the course of the experiment, so as not to disqualify the findings.) No life evolved. This shows that life cannot come from non-life through natural processes.

2nd Place: "Women Were Designed For Homemaking"

Jonathan Goode (grade 7) applied findings from many fields of science to support his conclusion that God designed women for homemaking: physics shows that women have a lower center of gravity than men, making them more suited to carrying groceries and laundry baskets; biology shows that women were designed to carry un-born babies in their wombs and to feed born babies milk, making them the natural choice for child rearing; social sciences show that the wages for women workers are lower than for normal workers, meaning that they are unable to work as well and thus earn equal pay; and exegetics shows that God created Eve as a companion for Adam, not as a co-worker.

Honorable Mention:

"Mousetrap Reduced To Pile Of Functionless Parts" - Kevin Parker (grade 7)

"Dinosaur & Man Walked Together" - Donny Findlay (grade 6)

"Rocks Can't Evolve, Where Did They Come From Mr. Darwin?" - Anna Reed (grade 6)

Sounds like it should have been published on christwire.org! I can't tell if it's a parody or a real thing with 100% certainty, but geez, I think it's real....

This is totally a poe. I've been to a creationist science fair and they basically have the same experiments as a public school science fair but they add Bible verses to their board. So they might grow seeds in sunlight and in a dark place and then along with their data about the plants they would say "God designed plants to grow in the sun." and then add a random verse that says something about plants or sun or God.

This is totally a poe. I've been to a creationist science fair and they basically have the same experiments as a public school science fair but they add Bible verses to their board. So they might grow seeds in sunlight and in a dark place and then along with their data about the plants they would say "God designed plants to grow in the sun." and then add a random verse that says something about plants or sun or God.

Oh, thank God. I was worried there!

The Women Were Designed for Homemaking was the giveaway for me (the lower centre of gravity making us better designed for carrying laundry baskets and groceries is priceless).

the wages for women workers are lower than for normal worker

This really makes me hope it's fake... A "normal" worker?

Thankfully a quick search on Google tells me there is a very strong possibility that it is fake.

Archived