IGNORED

Zack Bates is courting!

camdendayton

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They make a lovely couple. Can't say that I'm all that excited for them though. Dollars to donuts they will just start a new generation of children brought up in this patriarchy/quiverfull movement.

Wonder if the wedding will be cowboy themed? Everything else they do seems to be.

Yay! Another fundie courtship, I can't wait to see if they maintain the "Maxwell 6in rule" or go with the "Duggar Hand Sex"

Wonder if the wedding will be cowboy themed? Everything else they do seems to be.

Hahaa! This made me laugh.

Yay! Another fundie courtship, I can't wait to see if they maintain the "Maxwell 6in rule" or go with the "Duggar Hand Sex"

What's the Maxwell 6in rule?

Maybe one of our more creative Freejingerites can make them their very own 6inch ruler! :lol:

I wish one of the Duggars were courting. Or even one of the Bates girls. Just as some sort of proof that they're not going to keep those girls as servants forever so they can raise the younger ones. I know they're all young to be married, but since it's all they've been trained their whole lives to want, it's sad for them.

Though I may just be disappointed because i've always been a Bates/Duggar courtship fan. It'll happen someday :D

But...but... it's "The Bateses," not "The Bates." *weeps* I emailed this fact to Big Daddy Bates, and he replied, "That's interesting. I never heard of that before." And never changed anything.

So I have decided that Big Daddy is The Bates, and each of his sons is to be called Master Bates.

I didn't know they Maxwell family did that too (though I am definitely not surprised). I was thinking about the chic that's pregnant with twins now (Christina maybe?) Anyway, her fiance purposed in Arby's and the father put the ring on her finger. They later posed for a picture holding a decorated 6 inch ruler between them with the caption "See how obedient we are?" It was gag worthy.

She's cute! Do we know anything about her or her family? Are they 'royalty'? Have we ever heard of them?

I figured it was coming.Good on him.I always thought the D girls were a to worldly and sassy for their circles at this point to look appealing to him as wife potential.I actually think it's going to be hard to find husbands for them or at least the kind they would consider suitable-ATI/VF generally want Anna Keller not Jessa or Jinger Duggar :lol:

What does Zach do for a living? I know he was taking college classes, but did he finish his degree?

Sarah is a musician and has dates booked at least until the end of the year with her family's band. How can she continue doing that while popping out kids like a Pez dispenser?

Here's hoping that they find a path that works for them whatever that might mean.

The Maxwells don't believe that people should touch until they are married:

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2010/06/12/a-courtship/

She's cute! Do we know anything about her or her family? Are they 'royalty'? Have we ever heard of them?

They were on a Duggar episode during the Bateses' remodel. They showed up and the kids showed off their mad bluegrass skillz. They were actually quite good, especially the youngest son, who can really play the guitar. I think Sarah is the banjo player.

Not surprised; recall on the Bateses' blog a couple of weeks ago that the families were together and the younger brother conveniently got "sick" allowing Zach to whip out his guitar and play with Sarah (take that as you will :mrgreen: ).

Is there a fundie rule that the girl has to have a crunchy perm when she knows the guy is coming to start a courtship or propose marriage? Her hair would look much better if it was merely wavy, or maybe even straight.

The Maxwells don't believe that people should touch until they are married:

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2010/06/12/a-courtship/

Kristina of Kristina Keepsake's family has that rule, too. There is a picture of her and her then finance holding a ruler to show that they were six inches apart.

I had that perm in the 80's. It was also Anna Duggar's look when she got engaged and the preferred perm of the Duggar girls who are all sporting it right now.

This girl, like Anna, seem to have finer hair, so the perm is more obvious on them than a Duggar, whose hair is thicker and longer, taking perms easier. THEY just need to lay off the scrunch gel on top of the perm (I'm looking at YOU, Jinger).

How is courting different? Think of it as a pre-engagement phase. This isn't a "let's spend time together and see if we click" so much as "this is expected to lead to marriage." Dating, in such circles, is considered to be "giving pieces of your heart away," rather than saving it whole for the one person God has intended for you.

Courtship is also male-initiated. No sweet SAHD is going to ask a boy to court her--she's just forever in waiting, hoping some young man feels "a calling from God" (*cough* I'm never really sure if God is the source of the feeling, myself) to make her his wife, and has managed to get her father's permission to start the relationship.

I would love to see some of the Duggars courting too, but it doesn't seem likely...

Yay for him! Honestly, I've liked him the most compared to the rest of his family. He seems really down to earth and calm.

Aw, fail on TLC's part to see if Jana and Zach would court. Looks like Zach didn't want a Duggar. Don't worry JB and Michelle, there's still hope with JD and Erin.

Highly doubt the girls are gonna get married anytime soon; the parents need them to be second parents to their children so they can continue to have one more child or two. three. four.

I never find fundie courtships to be good news, because I know that the precious little freedom that poor young woman may have being single is soon to disappear. Now she'll have to live under full headship (more so than her father, since his is diluted somewhat by the other siblings), but she'll have to have that pasty white guy pronging her all the time. Unless she escapes, her life is over.

Archived