IGNORED

The Good Men project takes on the subject of patriarchy.

MerryHappy

I don't know for sure but I doubt that there are many feminists out there who think it is ONLY about the patriarchy. Intersectionality is a feminist concept about how "various socially and culturally constructed categories such as gender, race, class, disability, and other axes of identity interact on multiple and often simultaneous levels, contributing to systematic social inequality" (according to Wikipedia). Most feminists and people realize that there are multiple aspects to inequality and it's not all about men vs. women. I am not really sure why people seem to think that. Canadianhippie Could you point out a current feminist source that supports your assertion that "It's more complicated than some feminists want to believe"? Who are these feminists that don't think it's complicated?

Re-read your second post. It's what you were pointing us to.

Second post is a second way of saying "it's complicated." Gender is not the only source of oppression.

I don't know for sure but I doubt that there are many feminists out there who think it is ONLY about the patriarchy. Intersectionality is a feminist concept about how "various socially and culturally constructed categories such as gender, race, class, disability, and other axes of identity interact on multiple and often simultaneous levels, contributing to systematic social inequality" (according to Wikipedia). Most feminists and people realize that there are multiple aspects to inequality and it's not all about men vs. women. I am not really sure why people seem to think that. Canadianhippie Could you point out a current feminist source that supports your assertion that "It's more complicated than some feminists want to believe"? Who are these feminists that don't think it's complicated?

I stay away from 'feminists sources' since I've had bad experiences with them, such as transphobia, homophobia, and "women are better than men". My assertions that some feminists think it's all about men vs. women comes from meeting such feminists personally and being told that is exactly what it's all about, nothing more nothing less.

I am concerned with all inequalities, as I believe inequalities negatively affect society. As a feminist, I embrace that reality. As a woman and someone who has been harmed by the patriarchal strands in the fabric of the overall kyriarchy, if it's fair to put it that way, of course that's going to be my primary focus. In my day-to-day life, I try to speak out against all inequality, or the attitudes that betray people's biases, but yes, but in my activism I do concentrate on women's issues. I make no apologies for that.

I stay away from 'feminists sources' since I've had bad experiences with them, such as transphobia, homophobia, and "women are better than men". My assertions that some feminists think it's all about men vs. women comes from meeting such feminists personally and being told that is exactly what it's all about, nothing more nothing less.

Then those are terrible people. I am sorry you have had such bad experiences with them.

Archived