IGNORED

lolFacebook

emmiedahl

"I did, and he told me to ask you."

venus_win.jpeg

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can't take credit tho, it was my husband who thought that up so he just won Venus ;) But he'll share it with me. :D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
Please show me on your Birth Certificate, in your holy scripture, or in the Constitution of this great nation, where it says life will be fair and everyone will have the same amount of stuff.

My reply:

Well, it doesn't say that it *will* be fair and everyone will have the same amount of stuff in the Bible, but it does say that's the way it *should* be, if you're a Christian.

2nd Corinthians, chapter 8.

"For this is not for the ease of others and for your affliction, but by way of equality-- at this present time your abundance being a supply for their need, so that their abundance also may become a supply for your need, that there may be equality; as it is written, "HE WHO gathered MUCH DID NOT HAVE TOO MUCH, AND HE WHO gathered LITTLE HAD NO LACK."

How the?

Uh, I just completely posted on the wrong thread.

I am not on Facebook just now, so I have nothing to add to this conversation.

nevermind.

Oh man. An acquaintance of mine keeps posting about her awesome Bible study and such. The other day she posted a link to someone else's post about how Obama says "America is no longer a Christian nation" and how he's banning Christmas-related decorations in the White House. Then she commented about how she's disappointed in him, because didn't he claim to be a Christian when he was running for President? And how God will punish America for turning away from Christianity.

A bunch of people jumped on her, myself included. I posted links to Snopes and Factcheck.com about how the original post wasn't true, and tried to explain the separation of church and state. A couple of her closer friends got more personal and said things to her like "You're saying I can't be a good American if I'm not a Christian". And now she's deleted the whole thing.

Blargh.

I had an acquaintance who wrote on her status : "A renowned researcher said that Muslims don't have the genetic composition to have democratic nations. They're not ready for democracy. Beware of them...Make the first Amendment say "Freedom of religion except Islam" "

Really, a renowned researcher?? Ha. And isn't that quote kind of old by now?

Needless to say, I defriended her. She posted this a day ago and she knows I'm Muslim.

I never even knew she was like that, but she turned out, after I talked to my other friends, that she just made me her friend to show her pals, "Oh LOOK! I'M FB friends with a Muslim! See how tolerant I am?"

Her loss.

An acquaintance of mine keeps posting about her awesome Bible study and such. The other day she posted a link to someone else's post about how Obama says "America is no longer a Christian nation" and how he's banning Christmas-related decorations in the White House. Then she commented about how she's disappointed in him, because didn't he claim to be a Christian when he was running for President? And how God will punish America for turning away from Christianity.

A bunch of people jumped on her, myself included. I posted links to Snopes and Factcheck.com about how the original post wasn't true, and tried to explain the separation of church and state. A couple of her closer friends got more personal and said things to her like "You're saying I can't be a good American if I'm not a Christian". And now she's deleted the whole thing.

Well, it's good that a couple of her friends didn't agree with her and got her to delete it. My "friend" got many "like"s on her post.

Archived