IGNORED

lolFacebook

emmiedahl

I cannot be the only one here who is friends with fundies on FB. A few of them routinely say crap that has me shaking my head sadly.

Evangelical fundie former homeschooler who took chemistry with me and is... unfortunate looking said:

just got another 2 hours of freedom added to her day. I was trying to decide if that 2 hours should be fun time or homework time. But then I decided that since God blessed me with 2 free hours after this morning I was telling him I desperately needed a date with him, I would do a 2 hour date with Jesus. I'm stoked!! :)

I hope Jesus takes her somewhere nice. :lol:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The person who posted this is always posting religious things that border on the cray-cray.

Feel free to share your own lolFacebook fundie madness.

That is really quite crazy. :)

I banned my fundie family from my fb. I only have 1 fundie lite on my fb and I cannot believe she hasn't unfriended me after mentioning my last ghost busting post .

Just today I found an old college friend on FB and I was thinking of friending her until I read her page with Christian& Republican as the first 2 interests. She had some poem and the first line was "Jesus before religion". I figured I was going to pass.

I get a lot of great fundie watching done via my hubs facebook. My favorite one is a girl he used to date who had her interests include "homemaking and childrearing, god willing" and her musical tastes as "worship music-- not legalistic, just a personal preference!!!" which always cracked me up. She just had a baby and she keeps posting pictures of her newborn sleeping on her stomach, which always makes me want to leap through the computer screen and smack her. She's posted several times that she thinks that putting a baby on it's back to sleep is a bunch of hoo-ey and her speshul snowflake just won't sleep unless she's on her tummy.

One FB friend (might have been this person, don't remember) posted something to the lines of "Do you know about Jesus? My relationship with the Lord has changed my life! If you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus, talk to me!!!111!!!"

As someone else bluntly put it, Jesus is the answer to a problem I do not have.

My speshul snowflake did not like sleeping on his back either. He did so anyway. I don't consider a 3 month old baby capable of making their own health decisions.

I referred to this post awhile ago but didn't link the actual post. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... e=1&ref=nf

Again, it's the claim that childbirth is "less dangerous" than abortion" that leaves me smh.

I might be inclined to defriend her as we're barely even acquaintances but she posts twice as much cute kitty stuff as she does the religious stuff and I can't really get enough of cute kitties. I think it might be a conspiracy.

ngsmFRdbq_k

Guest Anonymous

I fundie watch via my sisters facebook (she has many fundie lite friends)..anyway, one of her friends posted a part of Kelly's blog (generation cedar) once that was about abortion and it showed the pic of the hands or feet of the fetus they claimed they found in a garbage can or something. I don't know whats more disturbing, her posting that on her facebook or that she follows this blog in a serious, non snarky like us way.

My fundie-pentecostal BIL defriended me and my daughter. He plays games on my MIL's account and makes snide comments on some of the things I post. I can't defriend my MIL because I like her and she rolls her eyes at the BIL most of the time, even though she lives with them.

And the gaydar just pings off the charts when I see the BIL. Me thinks he protests too much.

That is really quite crazy. :)

I banned my fundie family from my fb. I only have 1 fundie lite on my fb and I cannot believe she hasn't unfriended me after mentioning my last ghost busting post .

Just today I found an old college friend on FB and I was thinking of friending her until I read her page with Christian& Republican as the first 2 interests. She had some poem and the first line was "Jesus before religion". I figured I was going to pass.

Yeahhhh I had a friend from high school who seemed pretty normal and nice. Then, I friended her on facebook and the first line in her about me was 'Obama is the anti-christ blahblahblah the end is coming blahblahblah". Instant de-friend.

I get a lot of great fundie watching done via my hubs facebook. My favorite one is a girl he used to date who had her interests include "homemaking and childrearing, god willing" and her musical tastes as "worship music-- not legalistic, just a personal preference!!!" which always cracked me up. She just had a baby and she keeps posting pictures of her newborn sleeping on her stomach, which always makes me want to leap through the computer screen and smack her. She's posted several times that she thinks that putting a baby on it's back to sleep is a bunch of hoo-ey and her speshul snowflake just won't sleep unless she's on her tummy.

Ugh. I hate when people go against, you know, science because they "know better." My kid hated sleeping on his back. But he was a BABY and thus not capable of making that decision.

I had a bunch of fundies friend me for NO GOOD REASON. Well, maybe the fact that I'm a stay at home mom who does stuff like gardening and baking my own bread and stuff, I dunno.

I defriended them all though in a massive sweep when ONE OF THEM, a smug, pretentious fake-jew messianic type that would be BFF with Lina if they lived near each other told one of them (who is fundie lite and actually really nice and non judgemental~ she doesn't think other people who aren't Christian are going to hell and such but she's really religious) that SHE was going to hell because she (fundie light gal) had gotten a divorce and was remarried. The fake-jew's female friend also called me the antichrist for poking holes in here "ZOMG TEH GAY IZ AN ABOMINATION! LEVITICUSSSS!!!!" by showing her other verses that also banned shrimp and pork. Apparently only CHRISTIANS are allowed to quote scripture.

What made this hilarious, is fake-jew was living while NOT LEGALLY married to a guy who kept telling me and other women that since my husband doesn't require me to submit, he has no respect for me, this guy was estranged from his wife, and not even divorced, or going through the process because "he didn't believe in divorce"

The only ones I am still "friends" with is the fundie lite gal. Her and I disagree on some issues (pro life vs pro choice) but she's never been anything but super nice to me and super non judgemental. I just ignore her religious posts and read her recipe posts and her family updates. We're also both trying to get pregnant, and for the same amount of time, so we're kinda buddies in that sense where we'll instant message via facebook bitching about not getting pregnant.

A while back I posted one of the "It gets better" videos - it was purely an anti-bullying message and actually mentioned nothing about homosexuality. My fundie lite friend jumped right on that sh*t with "TOO BAD IT'S AGAINST GOD'S WILL!!!!!!!!!" I replied "Really? God wants us to bully people....?" She tried to backpedal from there but failed miserably.

One of my nephews unfriended me within the last two weeks. I presume he didn't like that I was posting stuff in support of the #Occupy movement. OK with that, I wasn't particularly thrilled with his anti-global warming screeds, particularly since he's a recent college graduate from state university. However, in his line of business (involves oil) he pretty much has to deny global warming to be in with the in crowd. *Gack*

I don't have any entertaining fundie FB friends. The closest is a Mormon guy who's always posting about how X, Y, or Z makes his faith stronger. I do have an uncle who's sort of fundie light and he sometimes posts things like, "My son scored a touchdown at the football game tonight! God is good!" But that's about it. There is this one guy at my church who I absolutely refuse to be friends with. We have a group or a fan page or whatever for the church and he is always posting there things like, "JESUS! That's all that needs to be said!" It drives me absolutely crazy.

I referred to this post awhile ago but didn't link the actual post. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... e=1&ref=nf

Again, it's the claim that childbirth is "less dangerous" than abortion" that leaves me smh.

I might be inclined to defriend her as we're barely even acquaintances but she posts twice as much cute kitty stuff as she does the religious stuff and I can't really get enough of cute kitties. I think it might be a conspiracy.

ngsmFRdbq_k

It's the old bait and switch. They suck you in with the cuteness and then switch it up with the crazy.

Btw...OMG sooooo cute.......

Can I use this to complain about ridiculous conservative posts? There's a guy who recently added me and who I really can't unfriend who is driving me nuts. I should hide him, but I seem to want to punish myself.

Here's a sample: "So let me get this straight. . . . at an office party with a lot of drinking, Cain supposedly did "something." The woman involved got 35,000 bucks from the National Restaurant Association (NOT CAIN!!!!!) as severance pay on the grounds that she doesn't talk about it.

If she didn't talk about it, how did the press find out about (what I can only assume to be) Drunken misconduct? Did AP approach her and say, "If Herman Cain did something to you, raise your left hand. . . but don't speak a word or those nasty capitalists will take back your 35,000 dollars!!!!"

*rolls eyes*

Leave it to the Huffington Post to make a mountain out of a molehill in order to smear a man's reputation"

And from the comments:

(Friend of this guy): "If the left hates him this bad he must be onto something good, yes?" (Original guy): "Exactly what I said the other day! You can always tell who the left are scared of, just watch who the media attacks. Unfortunately, I think it comes down to his race."

This is coming from someone who recently posted a vaguely racist cartoon about stupid liberals who think all Republicans are racist because they hate Obama.

Then regarding OWS:

"I keep seeing a lot of stuff about the Occupy Wall Street Movement on Facebook, and I have to wonder what they want? The group seems to be motivated and fueled by anger and hatred towards people they've never met, or never seen.

As far as I can tell, if you asked one of the "big-wigs" walked up to them, and said "I'm listening, what do you want?" They probably wouldn't know how to answer. If they said, "We want your money," they become thieves. If they said, "We want you out of office because you're rich!" then they make the false assumption that poverty is what qualifies a person to be a leader while at the same time tossing the Constitution out the window.

Whatever happened to the Biblical principle of submitting yourself to authority whether you like it or not. That doesn't mean that you don't have a voice to be sure, but that doesn't mean that your voice should be a wildfire.

I'm reminded of C.S. Lewis' "The ScrewTape Letters," where Wormwood wants to instill a hatred of the Germans into his patient, but Screwtape advises against it, telling him that "He's never met these people in real life! They are caricatures based on images he has picked up in newspapers." And I think that this is much of the same idea.

If you showed a picture of a CEO to the average protestor, and asked them "What's his name?" "Where does he work?" "What's his job title?" Would they be able to answer it? Probably not.

There are only two emotions (that I can think of) that would motivate a person to stand out in the cold and rain for weeks on end. One is Love and the other is Hatred. Now, surely Hatred can be disguised as many things. It can be disguised as "The Right thing to do!" or "Justice" or "Unfairness" but in the end it's still Hatred.

And one other thing; if some of these unemployed people spent the past few months looking for a job rather than protesting against people who can't help the situation in the least. . . they might not be unemployed by now."

Someone else's comment in response: "These are committed Marxists and the very concept of God is innately offensive to them, because God connotes the concepts of good and evil. To them there is no such thing as evil except when someone owns something that they do not. Thou Shalt Not Covet is often an overlooked Commandment, I think, and yet this group displays clearly why it is so *very* important."

Oh, and then (same guy again, different subject): "So I guess it's okay for the state to indoctrinate about liberal issues like homosexuality, abortion, etc. . . But when it comes to Christianity we can't have any of that! It wouldn't be right!

Seriously students, wake up and get a brain. "Logic! Why don't they teach logic in these schools?!""

Okay, that was a lot of quoting. I'm just getting really annoyed by this guy's posts. I've actually gotten along well with him in the past, as long as I avoid politics, but Facebook is ruining that. Now I see a post comparing Obama to a toddler, and one about Glee. He's a huge fan, but doesn't agree with Kurt's "choices." (But does think Kurt is a really good character, so that could be a good sign.)

Archived