IGNORED

Anderson Cooper Rocks/Pearls=Another Death (MERGED)

FlorenceHamilton

Choleric still never answered the question about hitting a baby to young to understand it.

S/he can't so s/he flounced.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Choleric vanishes in a puff of logic. He admitted the premise that it wasn't necessary to strike babies with implements hard enough to cause pain, but he can't make a case that it is morally justifiable to do so because of a personal preference.

Speaking of the Anasts, looks like at least one of their erstwhile sycophants has stopped drinking the KoolAid:

These excerpts are part of a rather lengthy commentary on why Gabe & Rebekah Anast are nothing but mountebanks. Read the whole thing at 7 X Sunday > Community Announcements & Updates > 80 days dream [No link because Gabe has disabled linking.]

That was an interesting read. I notice he's gotten no response in nearly 2 weeks...

You are a fucking coward, choleric.

You can't defend the inconsistencies of your child-beating guru, so you just pretend the questions were never posed to you in the first place. That doesn't do much to support your contention that whipping/hitting/beating/smacking/spanking/"chastizing" babies and children isn't abusive and evil. It is abusive and evil, and you know it. It's obvious that you don't want to admit it, but you know it.

Your pointed refusal to acknowledge this evil communicates to me that you enjoy the power you have over your defenseless kids and that you derive pleasure out of causing them pain and to live in fear of you. You are a sadistic, cowardly, little maggot. And I feel I am insulting all the baby flies of the world by using that term. But I can't call you a man, that's for sure.

I wish for you when you are old and infirm, and at your most vulnerable, is that your children treat your inevitable irrationality and lapses in judgment the same way you treated theirs when they were small

Choleric vanishes in a puff of logic. He admitted the premise that it wasn't necessary to strike babies with implements hard enough to cause pain, but he can't make a case that it is morally justifiable to do so because of a personal preference.

Puff of LOGIC? What are you puffin', FloraPoste? :mrgreen:

It has been a fun visit to the insane asylum and I will now let you all get back to your stalking of Christians and other fun games of bitterness and anger.

If any of you care to venture out into the cruel world where not everyone enjoys the same pastimes as you, such as hunting evil Christians, I have started a similar thread on a forum board I frequent called theologyonline. You will find me there under the same name. Here is a link to that topic I just started. http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77711. Admittedly, it might not get as much attention there as, while we have our resident crazies too, most of those folks are a little, well...normal. But anyhow, come on over, we could use a few more "interesting" types to banter about with.

Hope to see you all there, well...mostly. 8-)

Don't even start with that BS. I am a Christian, and I don't condone treating anyone like they are a lesser being which is exactly what the Pearl method and patriarchy do. I don't have children of my own, but as a proud aunt to two of the smartest, kindest most beautiful children that have ever existed (true story :D ) I would kill a sorry S.O.B. who tried to "discipline" them using the Pearl's methods.

Ooh. Big surprise. She made a handy list of all the "heretics" by name to call them to repentance and for convenient reference for others. Where would that forum be without her. She's like the Janitor of God!

I wonder if she sees hundreds of little floating fat people like Robin Williams' character in Fisherking? In this film where this clip shuts off, he goes on to say that the fat people told him that he was the "Janitor of God" (commissioned with retrieving the Holy Grail). Our friend choleric is going around, cleaning up human grime.

ks8ZIsmCtME

Can't figure out how to embed a video. Here's the link if you're unfamiliar with the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks8ZIsmCtME

I had trouble figuring out the youtube thing, and I see that others have. Hopefully, this will help.

Click on the "Share" button and then look for a code like the one seen below ending in FJIxipQoI30 (obviously, your youtube will have a different code, but that will be the format). Copy just that part to the right of the last backslash, the part the red arrow is pointing to, and place it between the youtube code provided on the buttons on your post.

th_youtube.png

Hope this helps!

eta: sorry the screen shot is so small. I tried to make it bigger in photoshop, but clearly I am not vey good at PS.

Okay, against my better judgment I clicked on that link. I think we can safely write choleric off as a real crazee.

And that's what is so important he/she is doing compared to the rest of the ebil people in the world who spend time in teh webz? :roll:

I had trouble figuring out the youtube thing, and I see that others have. Hopefully, this will help.

Click on the "Share" button and then look for a code like the one seen below ending in FJIxipQoI30 (obviously, your youtube will have a different code, but that will be the format). Copy just that part to the right of the last backslash, the part the red arrow is pointing to, and place it between the youtube code provided on the buttons on your post.

th_youtube.png

Hope this helps!

eta: sorry the screen shot is so small. I tried to make it bigger in photoshop, but clearly I am not vey good at PS.

Thanks, Austin!

I fixed it and it worked!

Guest Anonymous

I notice that choleric didn't address the fact that Rebecca Pearl Anast is a cray-cray whack-a-doodle married to a grifting, shiftless, ne'er do well before he scampered back into the undergrowth. I'm shocked!

Wow, I'm late to the show and missed the fun...Did Choleric catch the last bus to Jonestown where he heard there was some real good kool-aide he could drink? What a complete waste of space he is.

As for as the Pearls and their "wisdom", what a joke. Pearl himself looks like some kind of weird mountain hermit troll that makes moonshine down in the "holler" that he drinks straight out of a jug while he composes tunes on his trusty washboard. Debi joins in on the comb.

The fact that he passes himself off as a parenting guru testifies to how guillible many Americans are including the very odd and quite unpleasant Choleric. Let's just say I disagree with the basic paradigm of the book, which casts parents and children as enemies battling for control. That's for starters.

I was just about to post the heretic list. I want a FJ heretic list!

Me too! I want to be Queen Heretic!

This is not directed at anyone in particular: Choleric is male. He said something about his wife in one of his posts. Also, at that forum, there's a link from his username that you can click to go to his homepage, which is No Greater Joy. Could that have been Mike himself?

I think it could have been Mike. I kinda thought it was Gabe Anast. He did get rather defensive when it was pointed out that the Pearl kids were not testimonies to the method.

No, spanking a child who does not understand is bit advocated. One example of training anninfantnwoukd be the breastfeeding example. Debi explains how one of her babies bit her while breastfeeding. In order to train her child not to bite, she could not spank as the child would not understand. Instead, she gently pulled the hair at the base of the head. Then, the child associates the biting while nursing with slight pain. This way the baby learne not to bite, bit because they were being chastised, but trained to not bite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am late, but the way you teach a baby not to bite while breastfeeding is to remove the baby from the breast. This is what any lactation consultant or pediatrician will tell you. It worked for my daughter. She learned quickly that she would be told 'no bite!', removed from the breast and put down. Took her twice. No pain involved...for her at least.

Seriously, there is something fucked up in someone's head that the answer to every misdeed from a child MUST be dealt with by inflicting pain.

Out of curiosity, how do you discipline a kid that bites (not the breast but people or other kids)? (Not a breast fed baby.)

My mother said that I bit her once, and she bit me back, and I apparently never did it again. (Major other problems and PPD) This came up with me when babysitting which started the discussion with my mom to whom I looked for to get advice. I sent the kid to their room without toys because I find that intolerable, the most reasonable discipline method that I think is appropriate when watching someone else's kids. (I felt like hitting the kid, actually. Consider that I was about 11 years old, back when there were no laws that said you had to be 13 to be alone without supervision.)

I have heard the same story, but I have heard of kids who did not stop biting because they were bitten back. In fact, I know of a CPS case that occurred because a mom was biting her toddler back. The kid was covered in bite marks because it kept happening.

Biting was a serious issue in my 2 year old class when I was a preschool teacher. Two year olds get frustrated and have no power to change a situation or even words to express themselves. We simply removed the biter from the situation immediately and lavished sympathetic attention on the victim. We told the biter, "Use your words. If she takes your toy, tell her that you don't like that." I don't know if this worked so well in a group of 12; it seemed like as soon as one stopped biting, another would start. :) But we kept it under control.

eta: most toddler issues can be dealt with by understanding what motivates the bad behavior and then working to a, remove the motivater and b, give the child other ways of dealing with the issue. I don't think a very small child is capable of making moral decisions, so I would not bring the issue of right and wrong into the picture.

My 1 yo bites occasionally simply because he is putting everything in his mouth and there happen to be teeth there. I just tell him no biting and then move on.

Archived