IGNORED

Anderson Cooper Rocks/Pearls=Another Death (MERGED)

FlorenceHamilton

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What, what, what? Details? Is this commentary on Hannah Williams again, or was there a new show I haven't heard of yet?

Show tonight. He interviewed Michael Pearl. Michael Pearl outright lied in the interview. He was pretty glib, but Anderson would not let go. The wishes of many of us here at FJ for an important trusted media personality to take the evil teachings of the Pearls head on have been answered.

What wonderful news! I'm unfortunately missing all of it since we don't have cable at the moment and haven't gotten any replacement like a Roku box yet. But I'll stay tuned to the story on here.

So Dr. Drew had Pearl on last night (Tues Oct 25th), and Anderson did a spot on his show: http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/25/a ... hpt=ac_bn8

And the video for tonight's bit is up online already, but doesn't include the Pearl interview, but the mention him. They said that they've talked to DAs around the country who admitted that this is problem (but these things go to family court and are generally sealed unless there is a death).

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/26/v ... hpt=ac_bn5

Wow. I just watched the AC piece. I just can't fathom the disconnect in the Pearls' minds. Michael gives an example of when it's a good time to "spank" your child as being when he is "violent". He seems to not even get the absurdity of teaching your child not to be violent by perpetrating violence on them. All that really teaches is that it's ok to be violent if you're bigger or more powerful than your victim. Seriously, seriously fucked up.

Michael Pearl is worse than an animal on many levels, but he and asswipe bride keep saying that they don't advocate parents "losing control". Here's the thing: I don't think these parents lost control, in either Lydia's case or Hana's. I think this abuse was systematic and intentional and part of their whole extremely warped parenting "style".

People do get angry and whack their kids, and may even hurt them, but that isn't a situation where it was intentional or systematic. TTUAC teaches parents to be systematic, intentional abusers, and "losing control" has nothing at all to do with it.

AC does rock. I hope this burr is planted firmly under his saddle and that he's disturbed enough by this to keep digging. I'm also very heartened to see that the prosecutor in Hana's case is now recognizing that TTUAC and the "discipline" advocated therein is part of this whole case.

I wish they would run quotes from Michael Pearl below his face when he talks. Because what he writes and what he is claiming to write are two very different things.

AC is incredible. he risked his life multiple times to bring the story, but he also risked his life to help people while reporting on the story. i also admire and he never makes his sexuality an issue because he doesn't want to be the news, just report it. the man has as much ethics as he does charisma.

AC is incredible. he risked his life multiple times to bring the story, but he also risked his life to help people while reporting on the story. i also admire and he never makes his sexuality an issue because he doesn't want to be the news, just report it. the man has as much ethics as he does charisma.

I like AC. I also have not seen all of the footage.

That said: How exactly did AC risk his life multiple times to bring this story?

Just guessing here at what vicka meant, but I recently read his book, and I think she may be referring to "the story" in a general way, not this story in particular. He writes about being pretty cavalier and nearly foolish when he was covering armed conflicts in Croatia and Somolia and he did have some close brushes. Maybe that's what she means.

specifically i saw him on cnn while reporting on the quake in haiti running into a line of fire to carry out a 15 year old child hit by stray bullets. it was some live tv! it must be on youtube somewhere...

there's been other instances in haiti and in other places. there are also other instances that were never shown but that i'm aware of through other channels.

edit:

i remember it wrong, it was rocks not bullets.

(yes I meant "the story" in general, not this particular story). i am not aware of him having risked his life on this particular story... but that makes him no less awesome in my book!

(yes I meant "the story" in general, not this particular story). i am not aware of him having risked his life on this particular story...

OK. I was just wondering how his life got threatened on this particular story...

specifically i saw him on cnn while reporting on the quake in haiti running into a line of fire to carry out a 15 year old child hit by stray bullets. it was some live tv! it must be on youtube somewhere...

there's been other instances in haiti and in other places. there are also other instances that were never shown but that i'm aware of through other channels.

edit:

i remember it wrong, it was rocks not bullets.

That's it, I'm putting in a formal request to place Anderson Cooper amongst our patron saints. Any suggestions on his title?

I like Anderson Cooper, but his daytime show isn't living up to its start. The first week he had stuff about FLDS, etc. Lately he's been doing a lot of fluff pieces that aren't much different than what you'd see on a million other daytime talk shows. I hope he turns it around, or just goes back to hard news.

I think Michael Pearl is a nutjob, but I hardly think Anderson exposed him for what he is in that interview. Michael Pearl is a smooth talker and made himself look good IMO.

I think Michael Pearl is a nutjob, but I hardly think Anderson exposed him for what he is in that interview. Michael Pearl is a smooth talker and made himself look good IMO.

Talking with Pearl is like trying to nail jello to a wall. AC tried, but jello is jello...until it whips you with plumbing line.

Archived