IGNORED

Anyone know what this is?

O Latin

Today on campus there was a small army of people, some of whom were wearing long, fundie-ish denim skirts, handing out copies of "an award winning movie about a holocaust that is going on in America today," or something along those lines. I didn't take one because my general policy is not to take stuff being handed out on campus and I wouldn't have watched it anyway because I would have been worried it would install a virus on my computer or something.

Anyone know who these folks are? My guess is some sort of anti-abortion group, but I'm sure there are other possibilities.

Yes, I think it had something about 180 on the cover. I haven't heard of that. What is it?

When I walked past the first movie-pusher, all I heard was "award-winning movie" and "holocaust" and I thought they were holocaust denial people. I was seriously creeped out. Walking past the rest of them, I heard the rest of it and I felt a little better. I know that depending on who you ask, pro-lifers are creepy, too, but I find them significantly less creepy than holocaust deniers.

Yes, I think it had something about 180 on the cover. I haven't heard of that. What is it?

When I walked past the first movie-pusher, all I heard was "award-winning movie" and "holocaust" and I thought they were holocaust denial people. I was seriously creeped out. Walking past the rest of them, I heard the rest of it and I felt a little better. I know that depending on who you ask, pro-lifers are creepy, too, but I find them significantly less creepy than holocaust deniers.

If you search it on YouTube, I think there are trailers. It's a movie on abortion that is supposedly so completely awesome that it's converted pro-choice people to pro-life. I haven't actually watched the movie, so beyond that I don't know a whole lot.

Guest Anonymous
I wonder if it has to do with that 180 abortion movie. That's really getting pushed a lot here.

Getting pushed in Boregonia too. There are broadsides on the telephone poles-a major media medium in a college town. Bits in the student newspaper as well.

It is a Ray Comfort produced documentary/movie.

It is a Ray Comfort produced documentary/movie.

No, it's a Ray Comfort produced pile of doggy doo crossed with a good dose of Godwins law.

No, it's a Ray Comfort produced pile of doggy doo crossed with a good dose of Godwins law.

Edit to add: the 'award' it has 'won' is a Telly Award. Each year you pay to submit your movie, each year you submit you get an award, so basically you buy the award.

Last year a movie of a fish tank got one of the awards. Ray was obviously up against stiff competition..,.

It must be that Ray Comfort movie, '180' or something.

Using the term 'Holocaust' for abortions is beyond offensive for ALL the victims of the Holocaust, zichronam livrachah (may their memories be a blessing).

And no, I am not trying to minimalize the moral issues surrounding abortion. (I am pro-choice but also recognize the moral quandary that abortion can represent).

I watched the movie and thought very poorly of it. Comfort's arguments are circular, emotionally manipulative and insidious. I cannot express my distaste for this film enough.

Archived