IGNORED

Doomsday Prepper Family, Missing 16 Year Old

clueliss

Well, Visions of Glory popped up again.  This time Hidden True Crime has posed a 35 minute video involving a family related to that same book and were apparently physically located close to the Daybells.  

And apparently the missing 16 years old, Blaze, is the chosen one to issue in the second coming.  

• Thank You 7

27 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Well, Visions of Glory popped up again.  This time Hidden True Crime has posed a 35 minute video involving a family related to that same book and were apparently physically located close to the Daybells.  

And apparently the missing 16 years old, Blaze, is the chosen one to issue in the second coming.  

I’m listening but I was terribly distracted by the names of Blaze’s mom and uncle. They are a brother and sister named Spring and Brook. I’m now imagining their siblings are named River, Lake, and Glen. 

• Haha 8

Interview with Blaze's dad here: https://www.eastidahonews.com/2023/10/doomsday-family-from-arizona-last-seen-in-idaho-with-teen-they-believe-is-chosen-of-god-his-father-is-desperate-for-answers/

It's heartbreaking.

He describes his wife spiraling down into the darkness and taking their adult daughter down the same path. And the 16 year old, of course, who apparently believes none of it but thought he was going on a birthday trip.

He states, “They’re all good people. They’re all wonderful people. But getting into these dark topics has really corrupted them in a really horrible way. But they are genuinely just loving, kind people.”

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 7

I’ll listen to the Hidden True Crime episode soon, but coincidentally I just listened to a three-part Mormon Stories interview (episodes 1828-1830) on the subject of preppers.  The woman interviewed is the daughter of a leader of A Voice of Warning (AVOW), and she describes people cashing in their savings and retirement to follow her dad and others to Idaho to await the Second Coming.  And of course, Visions of Glory plus Chad Daybell figure into it. 

My neighbor’s sister’s family sold their holdings in California and moved in similar fashion to Idaho.  I wonder if they have the same motivations. 

Thanks for posting this.  It’s an interesting trend. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

I just started the 5+ hour (part 1) Mormon stories on this book.  This one has Lauren Mathias of Hidden True Crime, a cousin of Lori Vallow and a woman described as a Mormon super sleuther.  

One of them aid they were advised by someone that the leaders in LDS church considers Visions of Glory to be apostate teaching/work because the guy puts himself equal to or above the first presidency (aka leader of the church).  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

It’s an interesting trend.

Don't know if it's a trend but it's basically the plot of Debi Pearl's awful novel "Vision".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fundiewatch said:

He was found in Alaska. Surprisingly fast and good news. 

Fabulous news! This could have ended so very badly and by badly, I mean everybody is found dead in the beginning of a brutal Alaska winter. 

Spring, Brook and Abi were taken into custody at the AlCan port of entry on the Canada/Alaska border, which is charitably in the absolute middle of nowhere.  Is it possible they drove all the way from Gilbert, AZ? 

Blaze Thibaudeau: Missing AZ teen found; docs state he was linked to family of 'chosen' doomsday messengers  (Byline is Justin Lum, who reported for Fox 10 on the Arizona end of the Lori Vallow/Charles Vallow/Chad Daybell/Alex Cox/Brandon Boudreaux saga)

"Blaze was in the company of his mother, Spring Thibaudeau, his uncle Brook Hale, and sister Abigail Thibaudeau. Spring Thibaudeau and Brook Hale were arrested on valid full extradition warrants and turned over to Alaska State Troopers," read a post made by Gilbert Police officials on X.  

The wonderful Nate Eaton is reporting for EastIdahoNews.com:  Missing teen Blaze Thibaudeau has been found safe with doomsday mom, uncle and sister  (basically same info, not much in the way of granular details yet). 

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 7

4 hours ago, MariaariaM said:

Don't know if it's a trend but it's basically the plot of Debi Pearl's awful novel "Vision".

Oh, my, I just read the plot outline over on Amazon.  So many people believe and insert themselves into these fantasy scenarios.  Several people I know think Idaho is the place to be during the coming apocalypse.  Our neighbors wanted to move to Idaho, but the influx of newcomers has raised real estate prices, so they moved to a lower-cost (second-tier apocalypse?) state, but envied the believers on the front lines.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2

Libby of Love, Joy, Feminism did a wonderful (very long and detailed) series on it. She's stopped blogging but afaik the archives are still up.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

I’m glad he was found safe. The family structure reminded me of Lori Vallow, her brother Alex, and her niece Melanie all completely bought into the delusion. 

• Upvote 2

In this weird story is Brook Hale related to those other prepped Hales in Alaska who have been mentioned on FJ now and then? I can't remember all the strange connections between other Fundie families, but the name Hale from Alaska rings a bell.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Caroline said:

In this weird story is Brook Hale related to those other prepped Hales in Alaska who have been mentioned on FJ now and then? I can't remember all the strange connections between other Fundie families, but the name Hale from Alaska rings a bell.

I wondered about that possible connection myself.

I just finished watching the Hidden True Crime video at the top of the thread.  The Mormon Stories podcast I mentioned above is with Christopher Parrett’s (AVOW) daughter, and he is talked about in the Hidden True Crime video.  His daughter made the observation that the more fear-mongering her dad and others do, the more money he gets.  As I’ve said before, it’s always about the money and power.  The video above discusses people buying survival gear and prepper supplies.  These people are handing over a lot of their life savings to these doomsday leaders. 

• Upvote 3

Since the Hales in this story are Mormon and the Hales from papa pilgrim are not, I would say a connection is unlikely. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1