IGNORED

RIP Bob Barker

Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing

Game show host, Bob Barker passed away today at age 99. He is best remembered as the host The Price is Right, from 1972 to 2007. An animal rights activist, he ended every show with the phrase, “Help control the pet population. Have your pets spayed or neutered.” 

Rest in peace good sir. Rest in peace. 

• Thank You 3

Yes I saw this too.  Didn't realize he was still with us.  Rest in peace Bob.

Bob Barker, the “Price Is Right” host whose silky-smooth command, impish sense of humor and advocacy for animal welfare issues made him a beloved fixture on television for more than 35 years, has died. He was 99.

The news was confirmed by his representative Roger Neal. No cause of death was provided.

For 35 years, Barker was the host of the classic CBS game show that asks players to bid on such items as a pack of gum, a popcorn popper and a luggage lock in hopes of winning, as its announcers trumpet, “A BRAND NEW CAR!”

The show, which had a nine-year run in the ’50s and ‘60s with Bill Cullen, returned in 1972 with Barker. He stayed for 35 years, passing the mic to comedian Drew Carey in 2007.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 1

Gen X here. Sad. Definitely one of the celebrities that the late baby boomers, gen x, and early millennials can agree on, as we probably watched The Price is Right when we were home sick from school.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I’ve seen this line way too many times today:

He came closest to 100 without going over.

RIP, Bob.

Edited by smittykins
  • Love 2

On 8/26/2023 at 2:19 PM, smittykins said:

I’ve seen this line way too many times today:

He came closest to 100 without going over.

RIP, Bob.

He would have loved it!

On 8/26/2023 at 1:06 PM, Audrey2 said:

Gen X here. Sad. Definitely one of the celebrities that the late baby boomers, gen x, and early millennials can agree on, as we probably watched The Price is Right when we were home sick from school.

My gosh yes! Being able to watch the who was a big plus about being sick. 

• Upvote 1