IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 46: Living with the Fallout

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, Bassett Lady said:

She is definitely growing up, and experiencing the natural maturation process. 

I worry that she is also experiencing parentification. 

A few things are in Mackenizie’s favor. First of all, no new siblings coming along. While Anna may need help, her time isn’t taken up with pregnancy matters and postpartum details, or even the daily demands of a domineering husband. She has more time to be the mom. Mackenzie may actually be able to be a big sister rather than co-parent to her siblings. 

In the photo, Anna is holding her baby and I was glad to see Madyson hadn’t been handed off to Mackenzie. The other Duggar siblings seem independent, not hovered around each other but quite comfortable among cousins. They’ve all had to grow up a bit due to their circumstances and that, too, may be to Mackenzie’s benefit. It may be that Anna leans more on Michael and Mackenzie as they are the oldest, but that would happen in most families with seven kids. The three of them seem a solid unit standing together in the photo. Hopefully, Anna would not overly burden them with responsiblity and allow them to still be kids. 

• Upvote 9

4 minutes ago, xenobia said:

Jason is out and about with... friends.  

98E04CC6-9C6A-459D-91A6-1C60E5E81C4F_1_201_a.jpeg

That’s a very obvious picture. Maybe he’s planning on making an announcement soon. 

She graduates from Crown in May. So if there’s a three month engagement like so many other Duggars, they could get engaged on Valentine’s Day and get married soon after she graduates. 

• Upvote 7

29 minutes ago, xenobia said:

Jason is out and about with... friends.  

98E04CC6-9C6A-459D-91A6-1C60E5E81C4F_1_201_a.jpeg

Those young women got a lotta leg showing under that there table.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Was the original speculation that Jason was with Claire, but now it seems possible that he’s with Emma?

Hmm, maybe. Weren’t Claire and Emma sort of like a unit? Like they seemed to go places together. So maybe we just assumed he was dating Claire, not Emma. 

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hmm, maybe. Weren’t Claire and Emma sort of like a unit? Like they seemed to go places together. So maybe we just assumed he was dating Claire, not Emma. 

Yeah, Emma was there most of the times where he was shown with Claire. I think he also got lumped with Claire because Emma was linked to Warden Bates (but Warden has been linked to a dozen pretty blonde Christian girls) and teh ages lines up. 

or it could be a situation where he was starting to get to know Claire and clicked better with Emma, which has definitely happened in fundie family circles before. 

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ugh that would be so awkward 😬😬😬

Yep, look at the drama that Esther Keyes Bates sisters caused by going on Reddit and claiming the same situation. It might happen but it does cause drama.

I did find Emma’s TikTok when I was trying to find her age and she had a few videos lamenting her lack of ring, feeling single from a few months ago,

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ugh that would be so awkward 😬😬😬

My sister dated a total loser for too long, then some nicer guys and then married a nice guy who is the brother of total loser. She gets along with everyone else in the family really well and no awkwardness with any of them.  

Wouldn’t work for me, my partner and me dating his brothers or him my sisters, but it can work.

Edited by Mrs Ms
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

My sister dated a total loser for too long, then some nicer guys and then married a nice guy who is the brother of total loser. She gets along with everyone else in the family really well and no awkwardness with any of them.  

Wouldn’t work for me, my partner and me dating his brothers or him my sisters, but it can work.

I occasionally have to see an ex boyfriend at extended family get togethers. And I always feel awkward. But I’m an awkward person in general 😂

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

On 10/29/2023 at 9:05 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My guess is that he’s religious, but not what we would consider fundie. What stands out to me is that his wife (Priscilla’s grandmother) was Dorothy. How have the Pecans not called a daughter Dorothy yet? It means gift from god and it was her grandmother’s name. What more could a fundie ask for in a name? I’m sure it will be the next Waller girl. 

I want to add that if you do the math, Mike and Suzette likely had the largest amount of children and grandchildren amongst Suzette’s siblings. Her siblings didn’t have a bunch of kids like them and I wouldn’t be surprised if they weren’t IBLP fundie like them either. Out of the 19 grandchildren, Suzette had 8. And she has 5 siblings. Out of the 54 great grandchildren, Suzette has 34. 

And of that, 26 (27?) of Suzette's grandchildren come from just 3 of her own kids.

Anna has 7 (Mackynzie, Michael, Marcus, Meredith, Mason, Maryella, and Madyson), though she's likely to have either no more or a big space given Josh is...unavailable.
Priscilla Waller has 6 (Paul, Davia, Phillip, Destiny, Peter, and Deborah) so far.
Esther Shrader has 13 who are identified (Enoch, Alatheia, Timothy, Nehemiah, Agape, Elijah, Charis, Sophia, Stephen, Isaiah, Caleb, Joseph, and Daniel) and was last known to be expecting another (though the 14th may have been born based on the count in the obit).

The other five married children have only one or two each, though at the rate Nathan and Nurie (Rodrigues) are going (two born so far within the three years they've been married), they may well go on to have a bunch.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

11 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

And of that, 26 (27?) of Suzette's grandchildren come from just 3 of her own kids.

Anna has 7 (Mackynzie, Michael, Marcus, Meredith, Mason, Maryella, and Madyson), though she's likely to have either no more or a big space given Josh is...unavailable.
Priscilla Waller has 6 (Paul, Davia, Phillip, Destiny, Peter, and Deborah) so far.
Esther Shrader has 13 who are identified (Enoch, Alatheia, Timothy, Nehemiah, Agape, Elijah, Charis, Sophia, Stephen, Isaiah, Caleb, Joseph, and Daniel) and was last known to be expecting another (though the 14th may have been born based on the count in the obit).

The other five married children have only one or two each, though at the rate Nathan and Nurie (Rodrigues) are going (two born so far within the three years they've been married), they may well go on to have a bunch.

Yeah, I bet Nathan and Nurie will have a bunch of kids. 

Luckily this could be Esther’s last. Anna is probably done. Although she could squeeze in one more right after Josh gets out of prison. Rebekah is very likely done. Daniel is probably done. And I don’t see Suze having a ton of kids. Maybe 2 more. But she doesn’t seem like the huge family type. Pris is getting older so only a few more. Therefore David and Nathan may be the only ones left to give them a lot more grandchildren. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

On 10/31/2023 at 3:45 PM, CanadianMamam said:

Yep, look at the drama that Esther Keyes Bates sisters caused by going on Reddit and claiming the same situation. It might happen but it does cause drama.

I did find Emma’s TikTok when I was trying to find her age and she had a few videos lamenting her lack of ring, feeling single from a few months ago,

What happend with Esther Keyes Bates sister ?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, vienna said:

What happend with Esther Keyes Bates sister ?

She went on Reddit claiming to be a family friend and saying that the Keyes family disapproved of the marriage because Nathan had been romantically involved with one of Esther’s sisters (Leah) but then she posted a TikTok from the wedding rehearsal (of Nathan landing in a bush) and when you shar a TikTok it shows the account hat shared it and it showed that it was Leah”s account. Meaning hte family friend was Leah.

leah also did not attend the wedding and she promised on Instagram to share her story but then never did and now a days, she and Esther seem to be close again, so the drama has blown over. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Leah also married someone else. So that may have helped them get over it. 

She was already married at the time of the Reddit incident. But time probably did help. 

• Upvote 5

On 10/30/2023 at 3:42 PM, Cam said:

Those young women got a lotta leg showing under that there table.

Yeah- I was about to say, "Are you SURE she goes to Crown? After this pic is she still at Crown?"

• Upvote 2

On 10/30/2023 at 8:02 PM, Cam said:

A few things are in Mackenizie’s favor. First of all, no new siblings coming along. While Anna may need help, her time isn’t taken up with pregnancy matters and postpartum details, or even the daily demands of a domineering husband. She has more time to be the mom. Mackenzie may actually be able to be a big sister rather than co-parent to her siblings. 

In the photo, Anna is holding her baby and I was glad to see Madyson hadn’t been handed off to Mackenzie. The other Duggar siblings seem independent, not hovered around each other but quite comfortable among cousins. They’ve all had to grow up a bit due to their circumstances and that, too, may be to Mackenzie’s benefit. It may be that Anna leans more on Michael and Mackenzie as they are the oldest, but that would happen in most families with seven kids. The three of them seem a solid unit standing together in the photo. Hopefully, Anna would not overly burden them with responsiblity and allow them to still be kids. 

My concern is that although Anna 'at least I HAVE a husband!' Duggar won't have more babies, she will herself require parenting from Mackynzie. From the early days in DC when she was often lonely at home with the babies, Mackynzie has been her companion and since it was a while before Anna and Josh had more girls, Mackynzie is likely to have been 'the responsible one' and Mom's helper from very young, even if she wasn't full sister-mom.

I might be over-analysing but given that various Josh dramas have been directly affecting Mackynzie's life since she was 5 or 6, she's probably been an emotional support to Anna for a long time. She's never known perfect stability - Josh has been in and out of their lives, and they've had to move house several times because of his actions. I wouldn't be surprised if Mackynzie feels very very responsible for her siblings and her mother, and in the absence of her father for the next ten years, is going to need to act like the other grown-up in their household as well as manage the stigma that I'm sure is attached to them all to a greater or lesser extent.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

My concern is that although Anna 'at least I HAVE a husband!' Duggar won't have more babies, she will herself require parenting from Mackynzie. From the early days in DC when she was often lonely at home with the babies, Mackynzie has been her companion and since it was a while before Anna and Josh had more girls, Mackynzie is likely to have been 'the responsible one' and Mom's helper from very young, even if she wasn't full sister-mom.

I might be over-analysing but given that various Josh dramas have been directly affecting Mackynzie's life since she was 5 or 6, she's probably been an emotional support to Anna for a long time. She's never known perfect stability - Josh has been in and out of their lives, and they've had to move house several times because of his actions. I wouldn't be surprised if Mackynzie feels very very responsible for her siblings and her mother, and in the absence of her father for the next ten years, is going to need to act like the other grown-up in their household as well as manage the stigma that I'm sure is attached to them all to a greater or lesser extent.

Unfortunately I think young quiverful moms rely on their oldest child to not only be their coparent, but also their BFF. I think a lot of moms used their oldest daughter for emotional support. I bet Anna does that to Mack sometimes. I’m just hoping she uses Pris for that nowadays since they seem to spend a lot of time with them.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Unfortunately I think young quiverful moms rely on their oldest child to not only be their coparent, but also their BFF. I think a lot of moms used their oldest daughter for emotional support. I bet Anna does that to Mack sometimes. I’m just hoping she uses Pris for that nowadays since they seem to spend a lot of time with them.

I really do hope that the Pecans extending some kind of 'umbrella of protection' over the Anna Duggar family will mean the Ms get a bit more of a carefree childhood but I am certain a) that they'll always know their difference, and b) that it's too late for Mackynzie who is already in 'supportive mode'. Pris is not the sharpest pin in the cushion and she has plenty of little kids for Mack to make herself useful with. She'll also have the model of her Duggar lost girl aunts who were abandoned by their sister-moms for marriage and now go over to theirs to help out with their babies. There can't be many adolescent girls in fundie-land who doesn't understand that their worth lies in being super helpful, supportive and responsible. While somehow also being restricted and infantilised. JOY indeed.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, gustava said:

Does Anna schlep ALL her children back and forth between Arkansas and Texas? 

I would imagine that when they go down to Texas, they stay awhile. So they aren’t constantly on the road. But who knows. I think Anna probably doesn’t care if her kids hate the long car rides. 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic