IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 46: Living with the Fallout

Coconut Flan

On 9/15/2023 at 8:23 PM, indianabones said:

Poor kid. I feel bad for him. Living with the Duggars is obviously not ideal, but he had been there for 7 years at this point and it seems like he was very close with the younger kids. These will be his fourth guardians (well, his grandmother's second go at it) by the age of 15. All of those changes must be rough.

I hope this is what he wanted.

Really rough to get bounced around so much. IME it’s not unusual for a teen who has been shifted among various family to go back to a closer relative who isn’t quite up to the demands of cooking/cleaning/caring for a younger kid. But can manage ok with a teen. Hard on the kid though if he doesn’t get a say in it, especially if he has built up really close bonds with the other kids. Hopefully it was all agreed on by everyone involved. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Speculation: Maybe Tyler wanted to go to high school and get a real diploma and this was the only way he was allowed to do it. He probably wouldn’t get the same financial support as the Duggar boys to start a business, etc. so getting a better education is hopefully a step towards a more successful future.

• Upvote 21

On 10/24/2023 at 6:42 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My guess is that he will try to marry them off into families that are drowning in the fundie kool-aid. He messed up when he married Jill and Jinger into families that are way more lenient Christians than he is. Next time he will choose strict families for the girls.

I’ve often thought the youngest girls are likely to marry early, either because Jim Bob wants to keep them enmeshed in the family and the cult or because the girls themselves want to get out of the house and marriage is the only acceptable way. I also think Jim Bob will control Mackynzie’s marriage prospects and she will marry early. Now that Johannah is 18, I would not be surprised to see the girls marry off in quick succession as soon as they are legally able to do so.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

I'm sick I know, but I still want a Duggar-Bates wedding LOL. It's the "very special episode" that both family's tv shows needed! I'm betting Jason, James, Jackson, and Hannie marry soon.  I hope Jana will write a tell all about being a Gothard Girl (I know--won't happen) maybe with Michaela Bates? LOL

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Speculation: Maybe Tyler wanted to go to high school and get a real diploma and this was the only way he was allowed to do it. He probably wouldn’t get the same financial support as the Duggar boys to start a business, etc. so getting a better education is hopefully a step towards a more successful future.

I like this idea and hadn't considered it. There could also be an element of JB's deteriorating behavior in the home. Tyler may have begged his grandmother to allow him to live with her again despite having close bonds with some of the Duggar siblings. JB could have insisted Tyler leave for whatever reason (sassy, bad influence on the other kids, being a typical teen...) However it went down I'm glad his grandma could take him back and I hope Tyler does well in life.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

On 10/23/2023 at 11:03 PM, EmiSue said:

Okay, so Jason shows up at weddings with Claire Langdon for over a year, including her sister's wedding. Then he's a groomsman in Jackson Bates's wedding and no sign of Claire, yet she's at Big Sandy Family Camp hanging out with Michelle and the Spiveys while Jason's posting muscle-building pics. This is either a weird-ass courtship or a weird-ass break-up, even by fundie srandards.

i really think something fell through with him he went through a sort of sulking social media phase posting songs and quotes passive break up shit like a heartbroken teen...

On 10/24/2023 at 6:46 AM, Alisamer said:

Didn't Jim Bob have them running a 5K in jeans back in the TLC days?

Maybe JB should call up Steve Maxwell and start a "Pissed-off Patriarchal Patriarchs" support group?

that has to be some kind of level up name on here lol 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

Maybe Tyler will write a tell all…he’s too young to have been forced into a binding NDA right?  And I’m sure he’s seen a lot! 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

Tyler, spill the tea! 

He has lived there with Anna and the M&M’s, had an unfiltered view of the entire family during Josh’s trial and conviction, plus he was never part of a “buddy group” as far as we know. 

He may have actually been parented (as much as they are capable to do that) by Michelle and Jim Bob. 

After all he has been through, a financial nest egg/college fund would be nice to have. 

Edited by Bassett Lady
  • Upvote 11

Tyler went back to the grandparents during time period SHP came out.  I don't think it's a coincidencce. I doubt his grandparents realized exactly what his situation was.  JB and Michelle are obviously quite capable of whitewashing the situation for his grandma.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

On 9/30/2023 at 9:18 AM, Four is Enough said:

Didn't dance at my wedding reception. It was a sit down luncheon. Didn't do bouquet toss, either. It was the 80s and they were silk flowers and I was keeping them. Ditto garter toss.

I had silk flowers and I ended up tossing one of my bridesmaids bouquets. Ironically, she actually ended up catching it. 

On 10/23/2023 at 8:03 AM, EmiSue said:

Okay, so Jason shows up at weddings with Claire Langdon for over a year, including her sister's wedding. Then he's a groomsman in Jackson Bates's wedding and no sign of Claire, yet she's at Big Sandy Family Camp hanging out with Michelle and the Spiveys while Jason's posting muscle-building pics. This is either a weird-ass courtship or a weird-ass break-up, even by fundie srandards.

That is definitely weird that she was not at Jackson’s wedding, the Langdon sisters have been everywhere with the Bates the last two years, including family trips. 

• Upvote 2

There were a couple teenage girls at the Bates VRBO I didn't know in Lawson's video. Maybe it was a Langdon? I am not familiar with them. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gobucks said:

There were a couple teenage girls at the Bates VRBO I didn't know in Lawson's video. Maybe it was a Langdon? I am not familiar with them. 

The Langdon girls are older. KJ has certainly hired new tutors for Callie, Jeb, and Jud by now. (I figure Ellie and Addee are done.)

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

The Langdon girls are older. KJ has certainly hired new tutors for Callie, Jeb, and Jud by now. (I figure Ellie and Addee are done.)

Emma Landon is still at Crown and will be for another year or so. She is also definitely still around the Bates family constantly. 

11 hours ago, gobucks said:

Not the Langdons. I also nonticed a woman holding Finley but I have no idea who she is. 

• Upvote 3

Oh, I didn't realize the younger Langdon sister was so much younger than Claire. I thought she had also graduated by now. If she's still hanging with the Bateses, she's probably still tutoring.

Thanks for the correction. 😃

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Oh, I didn't realize the younger Langdon sister was so much younger than Claire. I thought she had also graduated by now. If she's still hanging with the Bateses, she's probably still tutoring.

they were born in like 2001, 2003

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, marmalade said:

Emma has Crown 24 on her Instagram bio and she graduated high school in 2020. So I guess she is taking a 4 year course at Crown. 

• Upvote 4

Yes, I think the older sister graduated from Crown in 2022 and that’s when she stopped tutoring the Bates kids. I think she took a job as a teacher. But I assume the younger one will still tutor until the end of this school year. Then they will probably find some other girl at crown to tutor the kids so Kelly never has to homeschool.

• Upvote 3

On 10/27/2023 at 11:19 AM, Coconut Flan said:

Tyler went back to the grandparents during time period SHP came out.  I don't think it's a coincidencce. I doubt his grandparents realized exactly what his situation was.  JB and Michelle are obviously quite capable of whitewashing the situation for his grandma.  

This. The family was obviously under huge stress and here come the wholesome saviors. Even if there were some red flags or misgivings, what's a person to do? And then it became impossible to ignore, plus he's old enough to speak for himself and he was never blanket trained into unquestioned fealty to JimBob and Michele.
I feel bad if he had some close relationships (I'm thinking more with the lost girls or the older Ms) but IMHO he's way, way better off as far away from the TTH as possible.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Anna and the kids at her grandfather’s funeral: 

E6B76D30-53A4-4E11-9234-35E30BD26AE9.jpeg

The obituary is interesting: „He has a lasting legacy of children and now grandchildren who serve the Lord in ministry helping others to come to know his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.“ But it doesn’t seem like he himself was in ministry? Was he a fundie?

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

The obituary is interesting: „He has a lasting legacy of children and now grandchildren who serve the Lord in ministry helping others to come to know his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.“ But it doesn’t seem like he himself was in ministry? Was he a fundie?

My guess is that he’s religious, but not what we would consider fundie. What stands out to me is that his wife (Priscilla’s grandmother) was Dorothy. How have the Pecans not called a daughter Dorothy yet? It means gift from god and it was her grandmother’s name. What more could a fundie ask for in a name? I’m sure it will be the next Waller girl. 

I want to add that if you do the math, Mike and Suzette likely had the largest amount of children and grandchildren amongst Suzette’s siblings. Her siblings didn’t have a bunch of kids like them and I wouldn’t be surprised if they weren’t IBLP fundie like them either. Out of the 19 grandchildren, Suzette had 8. And she has 5 siblings. Out of the 54 great grandchildren, Suzette has 34. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 6

When I look at the photo with all those children, I think about how every adult in the picture should be thankful that Josh is behind bars in prison. It’s staggering the amount of children Josh was always surrounded by and I am glad that these kids don’t have to spend time with him among them. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10

14 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Mackenzie looks so grown up!

She is definitely growing up, and experiencing the natural maturation process. 

I worry that she is also experiencing parentification. As the oldest daughter of a quiver-full family, she has always been at risk of being denied a childhood and adolescence.  The trauma Josh left in his wake, and Anna’s, seemingly, unwavering support of Josh, leaves Mack vulnerable to being parentified. She may be called on to care for her siblings as well as  supporting and caring for Anna. 

Unfortunately, an outwardly adult body may increase how often adults, or kids, lean on her. Early bloomers, or so-called old souls, are not any older emotionally, cognitively, or socially. Mackynzie just turned 14 years old. She is the age of an average 8th grader. She is a middle schooler, and while she does look lovely and is definitely maturing, I just worry that instead of growing and learning about herself she is acting as a parent to six kids and an emotional support to her mother. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic