IGNORED

Ben and Katie Rye 2023

Mls128

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Ben and Katie Rye 2023

Can you give some context?  

I'm thinking of a guy who was in a car wreck, suffered serious TBI.  Can't remember if this was before they married or after.  She stayed with him and they had at least one, maybe two kids.  He had anger issues related to the TBI (would the kids be safe?) and, for example, could not even go out for a walk by himself because he'd get lost or wander. 

However, even though he was emotionally and intellectually impaired,  he still had to be considered her headship. 

There was also a fairly spirited discussions about consent, because they were (apparently) having sex. Due to his cognitive impairment, was he able to give actual consent to sex? 

Anyway, I don't recall this guy being a veteran. 

• Upvote 2

@Howl, I think you may be referring to Ian and Larissa Murphy. They were engaged, then he suffered a TBI. She was cajoled into marrying him despite her misgivings.

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Can you give some context?  

I'm thinking of a guy who was in a car wreck, suffered serious TBI.  Can't remember if this was before they married or after.  She stayed with him and they had at least one, maybe two kids.  He had anger issues related to the TBI (would the kids be safe?) and, for example, could not even go out for a walk by himself because he'd get lost or wander. 

However, even though he was emotionally and intellectually impaired,  he still had to be considered her headship. 

There was also a fairly spirited discussions about consent, because they were (apparently) having sex. Due to his cognitive impairment, was he able to give actual consent to sex? 

Anyway, I don't recall this guy being a veteran. 

He was in the military and they got in a car accident and he got a TBI. They used to be discussed on here. They were already married when the accident happened and went on to have a baby. Here is an old topic on them 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been years, but I think we talked about three fundy/fundish couples where the man had suffered a TBI.

Larissa was the one who was talked into marrying Ian after his accident. I don't think they had children.

Ben of Ben and Katie (http://katieandbenupdates.blogspot.com/) seemed the least impaired, or didn't have as much frontal lobe damage. 

Cale of Cale and Kathleen (adarlingkindoflife.com) is the one I remember being the most volatile and people here worrying about the safety of any children they brought into the world. They had two children and then Kathleen bore a child for a friend of hers. I assume the volatility has subsided. I think Kathleen's mother moved in with them after the first child was born.

It's an interesting rabbit hole if anyone is looking to get lost. The ferrets are bored.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Cale of Cale and Kathleen (adarlingkindoflife.com) is the one I remember being the most volatile and people here worrying about the safety of any children they brought into the world

Thanks, that's the couple I was thinking of.  The whole "He's desperately impaired and incapable of a coherent thought but he's still my headship" thing DROVE. ME. CRAZY. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1