IGNORED

John Shrader 21: Nine Years in Zambia and Still Failing

Coconut Flan

I’ve finally had a chance to share Bro. John and all his glory to my daughters! They’ve never been around before when I was reading his stuff. It’s always so much fun to share these nincompoops with people who get it! I was hoping to find one of his really long poems, because they’re funnier than the shirt one I found, and some alliteration as well, but didn’t find much with a quick search. Too bad there’s not a “John’s Greatest Hits” thread pinned!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Jasmar said:

I was hoping to find one of his really long poems, because they’re funnier than the shirt one I found, and some alliteration as well, but didn’t find much with a quick search.

You must not have seen his other Facebook page.  It's "Quill and Bible:  Musings of a HIstoric Biblical Baptist".  There's a lot of his bad poetry over there.  Link:  https://www.facebook.com/quillandbible/  John seems to think that the most important thing about poetry is that the words at the end of the lines rhyme.  Rhythm, meter, and tone don't matter.  Yes, it's just as bad as you might imagine.  Here's an example:

From "Satan Fears the Bended Knee"

So believer will you please examine,

Your life and how you spend

Is prayer a true priority,

Or with other things does your time trend?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Yikes on bikes! The Ode to His Wife on the Occasion of Their 18th Anniversary is especially painful. He makes it all about him. Surprise! 🙄

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

Yikes on bikes! The Ode to His Wife on the Occasion of Their 18th Anniversary is especially painful. He makes it all about him. Surprise! 🙄

Interesting how he never tells us how in love he is with her, but he mentions that she is so in love with him multiple times…

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 5

John, now firmly in one of his manic phases, posts the story of Zacchaeus.  He thinks he's telling another story proving that works don't save you but that a rightly committed heart will.  

I found the whole thing odd and petty.  John is fixated on Zacchaeus being short.  He's a "funny little man" with "diminutive legs" and he has trouble scrambling up a tree.  He also feels it necessary to point out that Zacchaeus is a Jewish tax collector.  Something about the entire post leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Spoiler

Screenshot(17193).png.3e62ca2ba6a5c5dc8147e48a1fe2d7f1.pngScreenshot(17194).png.8fdc4e4d716ae9ae64497af01008ca40.png

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Xan said:

You must not have seen his other Facebook page.  It's "Quill and Bible:  Musings of a HIstoric Biblical Baptist".  There's a lot of his bad poetry over there.  Link:  https://www.facebook.com/quillandbible/  John seems to think that the most important thing about poetry is that the words at the end of the lines rhyme.  Rhythm, meter, and tone don't matter.  Yes, it's just as bad as you might imagine.  Here's an example:

From "Satan Fears the Bended Knee"

So believer will you please examine,

Your life and how you spend

Is prayer a true priority,

Or with other things does your time trend?

Thank you! I was trying to find this last night but couldn’t remember the name, other than knowing it involved “quill.” I was searching “pen and quill” and “Bible and quill”:with no luck. 

He and Phillip Rodrigues are neck and neck in the fundy bad poetry slam. John wins in the “epic” division - someone should tell him longer isn’t better. Phillip gets points in the “rising star” category for “O Hungary” and “one, two, three, four.” 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

On 12/9/2023 at 9:24 AM, Xan said:

I'm going to be on the side with the heathens and I'm okay with that.  

I will be right there with you! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

John is posting a lot of stuff.  People must still be misunderstanding him and they're not always showing up to his services.

Spoiler

Screenshot(17294).png.5e8f117eee4c0c26e48b941eb986035a.pngScreenshot(17295).png.f5ab07d8b66251d127ac91f3697e694a.pngScreenshot(17296).png.500f802d33e7052f13cd489e6b5c2edd.png

Then, there's this:

Spoiler

Screenshot(17293).png.00d37de35245f2fb3966ba32333dd5fe.png

John was gut punched in the heart.  Wonder what's going on?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 10

Uh, John? It's the pastor's job to get the sheep to come in to get fed. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7

If you offer regular real nourishment, the sheep just show up. They like being fed. 

If the sheep aren’t showing up they aren’t being fed, John. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

John talks about years of confusions and burdens.  Did he finally figure out that Daddy Rick helped send him to Zambia since John was such an unstable mess?   Did he discover that the locals have just been pretending to be part of his flock?  Is he aware now that Esther only married him because her dad told her to?

Also, now I've got "gut punch to the heart" stuck in my head and really need to find more ways to use it.  I suppose it could have been worse.  It could have been "heart punch to the gut" which would have pretty funny.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

I wonder if John saw a former parishioner and tried to guilt him/her into coming back and the parishioner flat out told him him that the services were too long , very boring and they received no spiritual solace from them and that’s why they quit coming like so many others.
Of course John would be shocked that someone didn’t consider him to be the best Christian who ever lived and I’m assuming he will take to his bed in order to write some tortured poem about how misunderstood he is.

• Upvote 8

54 minutes ago, Botkinetti said:

I wonder if John saw a former parishioner and tried to guilt him/her into coming back and the parishioner flat out told him him that the services were too long , very boring and they received no spiritual solace from them and that’s why they quit coming like so many others.
Of course John would be shocked that someone didn’t consider him to be the best Christian who ever lived and I’m assuming he will take to his bed in order to write some tortured poem about how misunderstood he is.

I’m thinking that the Mears have finally realised just how nuts John really is. I sense trouble brewing in Kafue. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, Xan said:

is posting a lot of stuff.  People must still be misunderstanding him and they're not always showing up to his services.

Hide contents

Screenshot(17294).png.5e8f117eee4c0c26e48b941eb986035a.png

Imagine being one of the few remaining parishioners and reading that. Such a condescending tone!

It reminds me of the old joke of a guy in his car listening to the traffic news saying “watch out and be careful everyone, there is a wrong-way driver on the motorway”, and he’s completely oblivious like “ONE wrong-way driver? There’s HUNDREDS!”

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Botkinetti said:

I hadn't thought of this but you're absolutely correct.  For many people, church is a source of community and also a place of spiritual solace.  John's congregation can find no comfort because he offers none.  For John, the church is a place where you are taught the strict rules and admonished every service about how easy it is to slip into hell.  The sad part is that John can find no spiritual solace in his church either.  

He probably needed massive amounts of therapy that Rick was unwilling to arrange and pay for when John was growing up.  John has some serious emotional issues that religion can't fix.  The trouble is now that John is worse and he's got Esther and all those kids who will be on the downward spiral with him.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

I’m thinking that the Mears have finally realised just how nuts John really is. I sense trouble brewing in Kafue. 

This is what i'm thinking, too. And there's a third couple now isn't there? Has Mears posted anything recently? This is the first time John's had men from his own culture come out and stay more than just a short time. That's got to be a narc injury to John, especially if the people of Kafue are, in John's mind, warmer towards the Mears' and the other couple than they are towards John. 

• Upvote 12

So John is vague-posting. 

I wondered if the gut punch was from an immediate  family member or Esther's family or someone from Rick's church, since it referenced "years of confusion and burdens" but then I realized that John has been in Kafue for years.  However, no one at John's church has stayed around for years. 

How long before John takes to his bed, with Esther bringing him freshly juiced veggie smoothies?

• Upvote 10

• 2 weeks later...

More vaugebooking...Any veterinarians who can help us obtain something? And Thank you to those who are truly praying for us.   Reading between the lines...perhaps Johnny has Covid and thinks some ivermectin will cure him?????   

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 1

My first thought was ivermectin as well. They don't have any animals that we know of currently. The failed chicken business is just a distant memory. 

• Upvote 8

18 hours ago, snickerz said:

More vaugebooking...Any veterinarians who can help us obtain something? And Thank you to those who are truly praying for us.   Reading between the lines...perhaps Johnny has Covid and thinks some ivermectin will cure him?????   

My first thought was COVID. 
Africa has skilled veterinarians. The University of Zambia has a vet science program. Zambia also has an organized vet association. John is attempting to circumvent policies and perhaps even law. It's shady. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

43 minutes ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

My first thought was COVID. 
Africa has skilled veterinarians. The University of Zambia has a vet science program. Zambia also has an organized vet association. John is attempting to circumvent policies and perhaps even law. It's shady. 

Exactly. "Obtain something"? C'mon. If it were a legitimate thing he would post what it is as a stupid prayer request. John's infuriating. Isn't Esther pregnant? COVID & pregnancies don't mix. He better hope ivermectin isn't an abortificent in large doses!

• Upvote 6

I've been catching up on this thread. John remains John, I see, the Mearses (and now the Beauchamps) seem to be just as bizarre, and someone is trying to get hold of something from a veterinarian. I agree that it is likely to be ivermectin.

I did pick up a new phrase, from John's November screed defending having a large family:

image.png.471657579f115a2494f62c83b223fcf5.png

I am not bitter, nor am I God-rejecting (can't reject something you think doesn't exist), but I do rather like "worldling."

I'm a worldling!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

8 hours ago, NoneIsEnough said:

My first thought was ivermectin as well. They don't have any animals that we know of currently. The failed chicken business is just a distant memory. 

I had completely forgotten about the chicken business. I wonder if they still have some animals or whether they can't afford it.

Also I am unreasonably amused by this post:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20231228_164326_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.dc1146dbaad70148416d547ab73a1ded.jpg

Or maybe John you could... stop judging people?

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic