IGNORED

John Shrader 21: Nine Years in Zambia and Still Failing

Coconut Flan

39 minutes ago, Bluegrin said:

They would have you believe that no fundraisers were going on.

They probably prayed publicly about an “unspoken need,” so God put it on His credit card.  These people.  🙄 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

This was posted on Ricks Facebook wall. It’s interesting that it’s the same 10 people who like his posts. There is so much vagueness about what the Beauchamp family was doing in Zambia. It seems like all he did was hang around John and Wade not stirring up any controversy with the Zambia people. Some of the pictures showed him giving away Bibles to the Christian crowd people who gladly took them. They looked at him and John like we are already Christians but thanks for the extra bible. It probably costs 3000 for them to go. It seems like the Beauchamp family have lots of ministry experience and the Mears have non. John boy knows how to pick them I guess. 

8E4CD112-B4B0-42C1-9C78-EE6A89CA8BC0.jpeg

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Bluegrin said:

They would have you believe that no fundraisers were going on.

This sentence from his facebook post is gold (and should somehow be worked into a thread title!):

”The entire plane cost (round trip) has been covered by the Lord.”

It sounds as if god had literally transferred money into his bank account designated “plane tickets to Zambia”. It’s ridiculous.

Edited by GreenBeans
Fixing triple post
  • Upvote 7

14 hours ago, Bluegrin said:

There is so much vagueness about what the Beauchamp family was doing in Zambia. It seems like all he did was hang around John and Wade not stirring up any controversy with the Zambia people

So, ISB. Rick is not getting younger. John is not getting saner, or easier to live and work with. Rick may want to retire, but also make sure that John remains safely at arms length winning souls in Zambia while his family are provided for. Could this be a trial of the Beauchamp's to see if they can take over the church or ministry which provides John's income? If John approves them and they agree to keep supporting him then maybe there will be a transition in Katy.

Or maybe they just wanted a trip to the "wilds" of urban Zambia to get their kicks handing out Bibles and feeling superior, while not too far from their comfort zone.

• Upvote 8

On 10/1/2023 at 5:18 AM, Ozlsn said:

So, ISB. Rick is not getting younger. John is not getting saner, or easier to live and work with. Rick may want to retire, but also make sure that John remains safely at arms length winning souls in Zambia while his family are provided for. Could this be a trial of the Beauchamp's to see if they can take over the church or ministry which provides John's income? If John approves them and they agree to keep supporting him then maybe there will be a transition in Katy.

I think Rick's definitely worried.  He probably wanted to retire a few years ago but finally ended up hiring another preacher to come in and do the actual work so he could stay on and oversee the money.  He knows that John's ministry isn't popular and the minute he goes, there go the funds for Zambia.  He can't have John come back or John will run the church into the ground.  Rick's between a rock and a hard place.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Xan said:

Rick's between a rock and a hard place.

Hm, so maybe the Beauchamp's are the crazy glue he's going to try and hold it together with!

• Upvote 3

The Beauchamps are moving to Zambia to drum up interest and money for the Team. They are currently in Katy, Texas at Ricks Church. My understanding is that they will be sent Scripturally as John always states and they will live in a small block house made from mud. The Beauchamps don’t want any support and will live amongst the people. No motorcycle’s or fancy vehicles. They are going to join John and Wade. I just don’t know how the Beauchamp family being against Bible colleges will go over with John. He’s got 4 doctorate degrees from diploma mills. 

EB38D560-C79E-422C-A7BB-5C20212D3043.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

Haven't the Zambians been through enough already?  Those citizens of Kafue are much more patient that I would be.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 8

19 minutes ago, Xan said:

Haven't the Zambians been through enough already?  Those citizens of Kafue are much more patient that I would be.  

Oh boy. Am I wrong to hope the addition of more American missionaries to John's delusional fantasy will make the whole thing implode spectacularly? And even more wrong to hope it does so very publicly? John has lasted this far mostly because his fallings out have in the main been with locals who he can handwave away in his newsletters. Falling out with people that his (one remaining?) supporting church in Katy have met and like is a whole different ballgame, and one that could cause him some issues.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Oh boy. Am I wrong to hope the addition of more American missionaries to John's delusional fantasy will make the whole thing implode spectacularly? And even more wrong to hope it does so very publicly? John has lasted this far mostly because his fallings out have in the main been with locals who he can handwave away in his newsletters. Falling out with people that his (one remaining?) supporting church in Katy have met and like is a whole different ballgame, and one that could cause him some issues.

It’s strange they’re bringing more people out after all these years. I’d love to be a fly on the wall in Katy and Kafue. “Spectacular implosion” is probably the best description of the John’s future. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

More people means more arguments over tiny points of doctrine and pettiness over who is more popular with the local community. John will soon be taking to his bed and writing torturous prose about being usurped.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

3 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

More people means more arguments over tiny points of doctrine and pettiness over who is more popular with the local community...

This is what surprises me. He must know this, right? Nevermind. He’ll assume they know he’s in charge and will automatically submit to his leadership. Yeah, this will not end well for him. 

• Upvote 4

More people means more bodies to do the grunt work while John stays at home, preaches, and comes up with more impractical ideas that will never see fruition (chickens, the Bible college, etc.). John’s older kids don’t appear to do any more than he does, though since everything they do is filtered through John, it’s impossible to tell. More people may also rein in the worst of John’s craziness. This could either work well or result in an eruption large enough to be visible from space.

More women means more company for Esther. This is turning into a hippie-style commune, where the women cook and birth babies while the men sit around and meditate on life (though not, I assume, aided by vast quantities of drugs). 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

The Beauchamps are already drumming up people and interest to John and the Zambia people. I don’t understand why all these missionaries in a Christian country. This was posted on his Facebook account a couple days ago 

8C7BC3E7-FACC-4073-9DD6-5FF5AE5D2552.jpeg

• WTF 2
  • Thank You 4

7 hours ago, postscript said:

More people may also rein in the worst of John’s craziness. This could either work well or result in an eruption large enough to be visible from space.

It's John. Eruption it is!

Also I kind of like the mist rising from the dump in the photo. I get that it's code for "look at this impoverished land and community!" but it's also not a bad shot overall. Bet I could take a similar "impoverished" photo in Texas though... maybe even in Katy.

• Upvote 3

John got the Beauchamp family to help with these homeless children and now they are asking for money and lots of it. The Beauchamp family have already asked for an unspoken request to help these poor children. He wants to start fund raising but John said no. 

The ultimate plan is coming from Katy to get people to forget about the plane idea, the 9 years, and get lots of pictures just as this of this Beauchamp family to get these children to fill the church space up. With the Beauchamps already being missionaries in another country doing this exact thing they know how to drum up funds. I saw another picture of the Mears family with them while they were stateside. The Mears will be working with these orphans. 

What surprises me still is why John found someone who is against Bible colleges while he has 4 doctorates as well as has a Bible college in full swing with no students in Kafue. I guess the Beauchamp family will be the vice president by force of this Bible college. John changes people and their doctrine. The Mears will be the first ones to help recruit unsuspecting people into the Bible college for small gifts of cash and free motorcycle rides 

3A18B493-47D7-4D15-B547-7C8D2849414E.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

This is Karrie Beauchamp at the airport in Houston with her Mother. Karrie is crying just like Esther did not wanting to go to Zambia. Rick is probably forcing her against her will just like John did. She said her last goodbyes before going on this all expense paid trip with no fundraising as it’s constantly daily mentioned. We know first hand that the Beauchamps have already drummed up extra cash for Team Zambia. John has already stated they are a welcomed blessing to the team and fully expect them to move there by Spring of 2024. 

42F1B968-7C2D-4E44-9FE5-91CE7DC1B88E.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

21 hours ago, Bluegrin said:

John got the Beauchamp family to help with these homeless children and now they are asking for money and lots of it.

I'm a bit lost - are the Beauchamp's asking for money, or is it John or the children?

17 hours ago, Bluegrin said:

Karrie is crying just like Esther did not wanting to go to Zambia. Rick is probably forcing her against her will just like John did.

Why would Rick be able to do that?  She's not under his authority?

Seriously though I wish these women would just say "nope, have fun, maybe see you when you return - but I'm staying here."

21 hours ago, Bluegrin said:

The ultimate plan is coming from Katy to get people to forget about the plane idea, the 9 years, and get lots of pictures just as this of this Beauchamp family to get these children to fill the church space up.

ISB #2 (swerving all over the freeway, not stopping now!) Maybe the plan is to bring John back to completely destroy inherit the church in Katy and these two couples are taking over and actually growing the Zambian church. I really need a disgruntled church member from Katy to post something publicly...

• Upvote 7

John has a sure thing in Zambia; I doubt he'll ever leave.  

Don't forget that John already tried to pastor the Katy church and he managed to alienate the congregation in very short order. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

John posted a video about the ministry.  Here's the link:

Spoiler

He walks around and shows the grounds and says that they've been "in country" for ten years this coming June.  Yeah, John is still playing Great White Savior in his own head.  He introduces brother Mears and says that he's always wanted a biblical team.  He also talks a little about Bro Beauchamp helping out recently.

The kids introduce themselves and are cute.   John reminds us that Esther is due with #14 in February.  He, of course, he to occasionally go off script and talk about how the local people thought works could save them but he has been teaching them that you're only saved through faith.  

He says that the main sanctuary (concrete floor with roof) will eventually have sides.  The local people have been donating for years and it will take building permits but he's sure it will be done.  Over nine years, John, and you couldn't even get walls for your sanctuary?  No wonder Rick sent Bro Mears over there.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 5

Oh wow! I felt badly for the Shrader kids before, but now after seeing their eyes and hearing them speak, I feel even worse for them. Will they stay in Zambia or will they go back to the US? Fitting in neither culture... deprived of so many things. Just. Sad. And  yet they probably would feel saddened for me: an unmarried, childless, agnostic teacher in an ungodly public school.

• Upvote 5

My favorite line: “there are so many superstitions [in Zambia].” Then proceeds to outline HIS superstitions about witchcraft and Satanic symbols.

Edited by Pleiades_06
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

John still blathers on and on without saying anything. All I really learned is that he now has a drone to do video shoots. 

Also Wade posted their own prayer letter. He recounts the same story he put on facebook about almost getting electrocuted from the leaking water. But he used an odd phrase, saying "I felt led to go to the bathroom."  Lol, never heard it phrased quite like that. 

Heres the Mears prayer letter

Spoiler

202309MearsPrayerLetter.thumb.jpg.7a5d7879108eaf1016ef151b39cd6625.jpg

Thanks @Bluegrin for keeping us updated on the Beauchamps. I can't see all their posts that you've posted, so he must have some privacy settings on some of them. So the updates are appreciated. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

I wonder if John was referring to himself when he references a baboon showing up; red face, yellow hair, screaming….. That said, the baboon is probably smarter. Had he said buffoon, there would be no doubt. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic