IGNORED

Marjorie Taylor Greene 2: Empty Gee

GreyhoundFan

Marge sounds panicked:

• Upvote 10

Empty’s seeing her dreams of becoming Trump’s veep (and when he kicks the bucket replacing him as presidunce) evaporating fast. No wonder she’s panicking. If they can indict and arrest Trump for his crimes, they can do it to her…

• Upvote 9

I hope most of the cleaning and repainting of walls was done by the guys who smeared shit in the Capitol. I don't believe in mystical karma, but, as the Mikado sings, letting the punishment fit the crime is nice.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 10

Yet before January 6th I'm sure these were the same yahoo's that complained about prisoners having it too easy with things like television and that they should be working while they're incarcerated and not be entertained.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 13

Marge needs to shut up. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 6

At this point I would almost be okay if aliens did find the Earth only if they would take MTG, Lauren Bobert, Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan, Ted Cruz, and Donald Trump back to their planet study them. On the other hand the aliens would soon hate us so much that they might destroy us.

And regarding the prison situations, you mean they wouldn't be okay with the January 6th prisoners being in their favorite sheriff's tent City prison in Arizona? (Joe Arpaio) yes I know he's not the sheriff anymore, but I remember how excited conservatives got about his tent city with no air conditioning and I think he also charged the prisoners for meals. I know he made them wear pink underwear.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Good grief:

• Eyeroll 12
  • WTF 1

The fleas on dogs are smarter than Empty Gee:

• I Agree 4

It's hard to believe someone would actually say this, but since it's Empty Gee, it shouldn't be a surprise.

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 1

"How Marjorie Taylor Greene became the queen of the GOP fringe"

Marjorie Taylor Greene is in a unique position. So long as the Georgia congresswoman remains queen of the GOP fringe, Republicans such as Speaker Kevin McCarthy will believe they need her. In fact, they’ll fall over themselves to stay in her good graces.

Greene — once removed from all House committees for promoting antisemitic conspiracy theories, and banned from Twitter for spreading covid-19 misinformation — is suddenly everywhere. She lobbied hard for McCarthy’s bid for the House speakership. She has plum committee assignments: Homeland Security and Oversight (read: the Hunter Biden investigation team). And she was given “rock star” treatment at this year’s Conservative Political Action Conference.

Her grip on the GOP fringe is apparent in her fundraising haul. Small-dollar GOP donors who see politics as blood sport and often root for the most far-right candidates love Greene.

image.png.13c23428d3a1c5bcc6cc22e3c3a21a29.png

It’s reasonable to react to these numbers with horror. This is the same Greene who spread QAnon conspiracy theories, speculated that a Jewish cabal started the 2018 California wildfires using a satellite laser, and called the Sandy Hook mass shooting a “false flag” operation. Her views aren’t just false; they’re deeply disturbing. But, in just two years, she’s positioned herself as one of the most important figures in her party.

This wasn’t Greene’s destiny. Before she took office, she wasn’t the clear choice of the ultra-MAGA donor. Other conspiratorialist GOP upstarts, such as Rep. Lauren Boebert (Colo.) and former North Carolina congressman. Madison Cawthorn, out-raised her.

But Greene had better timing than Cawthorn, Boebert or any of her MAGA contemporaries. She found the spotlight after the 2020 election.

image.png.35454a593c75b544e1db0aeab5fa12c6.png

At that time, the GOP base was angry. They denied that President Donald Trump had lost the election and that he had fueled the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection. But Trump was no longer a candidate. His super fans couldn’t blow off steam by sending a quick check to his campaign.

That’s when Greene channeled Trump. She continuously promoted the lie that the 2020 election had been stolen — at one point wearing a face mask with the words “Trump won” on it. She also directly attacked President Biden’s legitimacy, attempting to impeach him on his first day in office.

Within weeks, reporters had uncovered past conspiratorial statements she made, as well as social media posts that indicated support for a “bullet in the head” of then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and hanging Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Her colleagues stripped her of committee assignments, and Democratic Rep. Jimmy Gomez (Calif.) tried, unsuccessfully, to have her expelled from the chamber.

But that only kept her at the center of the post-inauguration news cycle.

image.png.aa6a3c8451c54a710ce89bef3af79bf4.png

image.png.e3785adf3792f04bfa3d1e3f77d4dd18.png

This helped Greene avoid the fate of some fringe lawmakers. Once voters see their representatives as ineffective, they often seek replacements. For example, in 2020, Republican voters in Iowa ousted then-Rep. Steve King, who had lost his committee assignments a year earlier because of a series of racist comments. A similar story could be told of Cawthorn, who was given the boot after constantly courting scandal and running his campaign like a far-right circus. Greene, by contrast, never lost her base’s enthusiasm.

There’s another reason Greene hasn’t been marginalized: She cozied up to the party’s establishment.

As The Post’s Ashley Parker and Michael Scherer reported in January, Greene and McCarthy (Calif.) would meet “once a week” for “six to eight months” prior to the 2022 election. She started campaigning for other pro-Trump Republicans, such as J.D. Vance of Ohio. And she learned to modulate her tone, albeit slightly, in different settings. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Tia Mitchell reports that she apologized for comparing covid-19 restrictions to the Holocaust in mainstream news outlets — but skipped the remorse in far-right publications.

By mid-2022, her fundraising numbers had ticked up. In the fall, Republicans won the House majority. Then, while most of the far right had opposed McCarthy’s leadership, she stood steadfast by him. As a result, she now essentially serves as the bridge between the speaker and a key faction of the party he needs to maintain power. No wonder McCarthy said he will “never leave that woman.”

Greene’s strategy — embrace both the fringe and the mainstream — has given her power and credibility with both camps. But it’s a tough balancing act. If Greene becomes too friendly with McCarthy and his allies, her base could leave her for another devoted anti-establishment agitator such as Boebert or Rep. Matt Gaetz (Fla.). And if she becomes a liability on the national political stage, GOP leaders might (again) cast her into outer darkness.

But for the moment, her rule over the far right is — against all odds — secure.

• Thank You 5

Marge is more confused than usual. Maybe she needs to take a mental acuity test.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 5

Has Marge ever had her gloves ON?  That woman has been fighting dirty from the beginning.  I only hope that, at some point -- maybe in the GA investigation, Marge gets implicated.

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1

• Haha 9

• Upvote 9

On 4/2/2023 at 3:35 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

Oh yes, they will certainly welcome her with fitting enthusiasm.

Marge, of course, is replying with typical style.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

Good grief:

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 3
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe we’ll be lucky and she’ll get lost permanently while in NYC:

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Maybe we’ll be lucky and she’ll get lost permanently while in NYC:

She's really not one who should complain about other people's abnormal behavior.

• I Agree 12

I refused to watch the 60 Minutes with Marge. Looks like lots of other people felt the same way. Good  

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1