IGNORED

Marjorie Taylor Greene 2: Empty Gee

GreyhoundFan

Sorry, Marge, I'm an American person and I can't stand you. The only thing I do agree is that I am outraged.

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

What a surprise...

Let me get this straight (pun intended), if you're blond and wear white coats with a fur collar, you're heterosexual? Is it because gay people aren't blond, or they don't wear white coats? Or is the fur collar the determining factor? 🤔

• Upvote 5

Wow, Marge is risking MAGA wrath here:

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

LOL, Marge is not getting much love these days.

• Upvote 8

I think it says something that Thom Tillis there refers to the GOP as a "brand." 

When most people think of a brand, they think a product for sale, a business, a corporation, a carefully crafted image designed for the most profit possible. Sounds about right to me.

• Upvote 6

More performance art. I wish the people in her district would vote her out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 5

5 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

More performance art. I wish the people in her district would vote her out. 

It gets so much worse if you read the article that has her quotes:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/01/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-mike-johnson-vacate/index.html

She just wants to burn everything down, not govern. It's both sad and fucking infuriating. I hate Mike Johnson and ship him with a landslide defeat, but playing games with the speakership is not good for the country. I hope that her constituents remember this when it comes time for reelection, but I'm not terribly hopeful that they will (or even that they care).

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I really think she thinks Democratic voters are as stupid as the idiots who support her. She and her ilk cannot see shades of gray, it's like team sports and they HATE the other team no matter the situation. 

She doesn't get that Democrats largely really would prefer a functioning government who will actually, you know, govern. Do the work they were paid to do. If that means holding your nose and teaming up with Republicans for some things, so be it. There are some things that don't need to be partisan. We've seen the utter chaos that happens when the Republicans have to try and vote in a Speaker. As amusing a train wreck as it is to watch, it means nothing at all gets done for ages while the circus is going on.

She really thinks that forcing democrats to "support" Johnson by stopping her attempt to oust him will make democratic voters mad enough not to re-elect them. Because in her world anything the opposing team does must be stopped even if it's something you would agree with otherwise. 

The whole goal of the GOP since Obama was elected seems to be to do as little work as possible while getting still getting paid for their jobs. Now some of them seem to be actively trying to prevent any work from being done at all by anyone. 

She's the sort who would oppose a bill saying "kittens are cute" if it was proposed by a democrat - solely because it was proposed by a democrat - and not only that then go on to introduce a bill declaring democrats are into bestiality for declaring kittens are cute while also suggesting a bill declaring kittens are evil. It doesn't have to even be something she disagrees with - if democrats want it (or the few moderate republicans in congress who seem to have functioning brains want it) - she not only now opposes it she wants to promote the opposite. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

It gets so much worse if you read the article that has her quotes:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/01/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-mike-johnson-vacate/index.html

She just wants to burn everything down, not govern. It's both sad and fucking infuriating. I hate Mike Johnson and ship him with a landslide defeat, but playing games with the speakership is not good for the country. I hope that her constituents remember this when it comes time for reelection, but I'm not terribly hopeful that they will (or even that they care).

I have a sibling who lives in Greene's district. Said sibling voted against Greene and was shocked that Greene won.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Becky said:

MTG just likes to be the center of attention, and being a contrarian gets her there.  She is a narcissist, plain and simple.  Emphasis on the “simple.”

I agree. She's found a way to be the center of attention while getting paid to do it basically, with essentially no actual effort or work involved. She's dumb as a rock but apparently just clever enough (or well advised enough) to attempt to dole out her stupid attention grabs over time to keep herself in people's minds.

• Upvote 9