IGNORED

Fundie Predictions 2023

EyesOpen

Duggars: 

Michelle makes some kind of on-camera gaff.

Josh loses appeal. Anna leaves him and starts divorce proceedings. (I said I would keep making this prediction until it happened.)

Jessa has grandduggar #29. Healthy birth in a hospital.

Joe and Kendra have #5.

Joy gives birth in a hospital.

Jed! and Katey have their daughter. Jed! makes a crack about how helpful this girl will be. 

Jeremiah and Hannah welcomed a healthy girl soon. They announce Hannah is pregnant with #2 by the end of the year.

Jason has a courtship and is engaged by year end. Maybe even married?

Justin and Claire announce a pregnancy and have a baby.

Bates:

Lawson and Tiffany have a baby.

Nathan and Esther: Esther is pregnant with #2.

Alyssa makes a big deal of having John's son. Baby is in someway named for his father.

Tori is pregnant with #5. Hopefully not born before December.

Trace and Lydia have a baby. 

Carlin: I hope they find a solution to her health problems.

Jackson gets engaged.

Maxwells:

Mary gets married in the summer and is pregnant by the end of the year.

Anna is still in college. She will graduate and live on her own in 2024.

Bontragers/Bowers:

Chelsy, Allison, and Praise all have babies.

Marlin continues to brag about how many grandkids he has.

Chelsy continues to be a hypocrite about her family is better than the Maxwells. 

Rodrigues:

boy for Kaylee.

Nurie is pregnant by the end of the year.

Renee finds a courtship.

Samuel graduates. 

Pat and Tim Noyes move out.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell

Andersons:

no more babies (thank god) 

One of the older boys publicly breaks away.

PP gets banned from another country 

wallers:

new pregnancy for pecans a boy named Patrick born in March 2024

Collins:

Son born February 4th at home 

kids looks more tired and parentified   

announces baby 11 another girl born mid 2024.

Duggars:

j’felon will continue to lose his appeals. Rarely if ever see M kids

jD and Abbie: nothing new 

Jana: nothing new 

jill: Samuel starts school, Jill gets a tattoo, seen more at TTH

jessa: announce pregnancy in late January a boy named Winston born in June 

jinger: announces pregnancy on Easter has another girl named patience in the fall 

joken: baby 5 detected by a snarker another boy born in July 

Josiah and Lauren: confirmation of a daisy and that she was a rainbow baby.

joy and Austin: has a son named James Edwin on may 28th nothing else new 

Jed and Katey: Norah Kate born on may 20th. She announces baby 3 next Christmas another girl to be born in June 26 2024

jer and Hannah: have a daughter named Marley on January 2nd. Nothing else new though early 2024 announcement of another baby a girl 

Jason: courtship announcement and marriage by November 

james: nothing new

Claritin: nothing new no babies 

bates:

Whitney and Zach: baby announcement  around February 14 a boy named Luke born in September 

michaela and Brandon: nothing new 

Erin: another miracle pregnancy announcement in November a boy named Micah born in March 2024

lawson and Tiffany: nothing new

esther and Nathan: nothing new, maybe a new home 

alyssa: has baby 4 on April 1st named Zayden. Poor Allie and Lexi more parenting duties 

tori: announces baby 5 born in October a boy named Kaleb 

Trace and Lydia: pregnancy announcement in March: a boy named Tobias in October 

Carlin and Evan: Carlin gets diagnosis. Nothing else new

josie: pregnancy announcement a boy named wilder born in December  

Katie and Travis: Hailey born on February 27th. Nothing else new 

Warden proposes to emerson

Rodrigues:

david: health event of some kind nothing too serious 

Jill: starts another gofundme for her mom. 

nurie: baby 3 announcement on Mother’s Day, a boy born on January 3rd 2024. Named Noel 

timothy: courts Heidi but it fails by mid year. More weird podcasts, we still don’t know his pilot status.

kaylee: has baby boy on august 31st named Jeremiah

renee: starts courting someone and she continues to looks sad

Philip: near nothing more of his schooling so no idea if he’s still there.

samuel: nothing much maybe a job

Gabriel: Jill trying to masculinize him more.

tessie: looks more done

hannah: nothing new

Olivia: more sightings  

sadie and Sofia: continue to worry us

janessa: continues to look behind and people start asking questions 

random:

maxwells Sarah has a pregnancy and a daughter named Maci

Both younger girls graduate and Marry 

alyssa Morton baby 6 January 21st a girl named Jade 

Porgan nothing new 

bairds: Rebekah announces pregnancy by end of year a boy. Elissa announces baby 2 another girl. 

• Upvote 1

Duggar babies for Jessa, Kendra, Claire in addition to Joy, Katie and Hannah. Another pregnancy for Hannah. Johannah or James will have a courtship.  

Bates babies: Josie,  Tori, Erin, Whitney,  Lydia.  New pregnancies for Carlin and Katie( who will also prove to be super fertile and have an oops 2nd pregnancy super quickly). Jackson gets engaged.  Carlin doesn't reveal a diagnosis but quickly downplays her previous health struggles once she gets pregnant.  She does hype up her pregnancy symptoms.  

Arndt double wedding and 2 baby penguins on the way by years end. More girlfriends exposed and another engagement. 

Courtney Roger's pregnancy. 

Jill Rod miracle pregnancy.  She takes a bump photo with both daughters. 

Meri finally leaves Kodi. 

Sarah Maxwell gets pregnant.  Mary gets married and pregnant. 

Morton pregnancies: Kressant, Rachel. Kennedy has her surprise 5th. Francesca announced another before the year is out. Paul gets married and his wife will be pregnant before the year is over. 

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 1

Staddon/Bennetts:

Donald Staddon Jr. and Elizabeth Bennett become a couple and get engaged/married.

James and Julianna Staddon have a baby.

General Predictions:

Some fundies leave the fundie world. 

A fundie couple surprises everyone by getting divorced. 

Coming in late with predictions--not feeling particularly inspired this time around--maybe getting tired of keeping up with all the pregnancies, as well as noting  my former favorite fundies are no longer posting anything of interest (Bontragers) or quitting their blogs (Maxwells).  

Duggars and Bates--I'm done with them.  Babies, courtships, weddings on an endless loop. No one doing anything of significance with their lives.

Maxwells--Mary and Sam marry in May/June 2023.  Probable pregnancies for her and Chelsy.  Anna does not return home. Steve's writings continue to passive-aggressively target his offspring and their shift away from his standards.

Bontragers--no courtships or weddings for the remaining singles.  Blogging info limited to pictures of Mitch's family, farm life, touring info.  Allison pregnant by the end of 2023.

Wallers-- David and Pris announce #7, I predict the baby train will finally start to slow down here.  One of the remaining single Wallers will marry. Adam and Valerie will have one more and that will be it for them.

Staddons--no weddings in 2023.  James and Julianna announce a pregnancy but no baby until 2024. Outside chance of another grandbaby from Mi/El or Robert and Kendalyn.  In either case, that will be the last child they produce.

Rodrigues--courtship for Tim will remain only a rumor.  Jill's mother will have another medical setback but will survive it.

Girotti's--Hannah will have a baby, Jonathan will remain single.

Posting late because I couldn't find this thread haha! 

Bates

Pregnancies for Tori, Erin, Esther, Whitney, Carlin, josie, Lydia, Katie

Erin and Chad - officially in florida, continue their jesus business, Erin is clearly unhappy. Miracle pregnancy with insane health risks

Lawson and tiff - overly dramatic, annoying YouTube videos, possible health scare, tiff obviously wa ta to move back to CA. repeat guess - no baby, tons of expensive travel. 

Bori - repeat guesses - remain quiet and boring, new baby with ridiculous name for boy, normal name for girl.

Alyssa - baby boy is insanely spoiled and doted on, sad sister moms and puppy are shoved to side. Possible late in year "surprise" pregnancy

Josie - pregnancy, josie and keltons businesses remain successful 

Carlin - health issues continue, Carlin makes questionable choices. Stew crew YouTube continues on. 

Katie - stays in NJ and has first baby, Katie fully embraces mommy blogger life, none of fj is convinced she is happy, second pregnancy.

More creepy shit about the Clark family comes out.

Engagement and possible wedding for the 80s hair Bates boy who is courting the skinny blonde girl. Jackson? 

Nothing interesting for the rest of the family, various of the girls seen sister-momming for various siblings.

Bates adjacents:

Ashley Salyer - remains crazy. New baby and second pregnancy late in year

Anastasia - pregnancy

Hannah - no pregmancy

Duggars

Pregnancies for jessa, Kendra, Joy, Hannah, Katey

Josh and Anna - Anna stays quiet and stands by her man. M kids spotted at various family functions and ati camps.

Jana - nothing

Jabbie - no major changes 

Jill and Derrick - no major changes, questions over the boys attending home or regular school.

Jessa - pregnancy, remains firmly on board with the Duggar brand, shills on social media.

JinJer - remain in L.A, Jeremy's endless "education" continues forever. Jingers book contains nothing interesting or shocking. Both shill crap on social media, frequently post their expensive outings and shopping trips. 

Joken - baby whatever number we're up to, 5? Maintain no social media presence. 

Siren - remain off social media. 

Joy - new baby and another pregnancy later in year. More questionable safety choices and guns seen around home with no concern for the children. 

Jed! and Katey - baby and another pregnancy, more tedious youtube vids 

Jer and Hannah - another pregnancy 

Courtship and engagement for whichever of-age boy is currently rumoured. 

Courtship rumours for Hannie. 

Duggar adjacents:

Pris and Pecan - next pregnancy after the anniversary blooming onion

Sierra - repeat guess - no pregnancy, continues her pottery business. Finances remain a mystery to all.  

KNY - repeat guess - pregnant again by end of year. Continues to post hateful, controversial nonsense and look insane. 

Family is more isolated in new house

Rodrigueses

Jill and David continue to travel and grift but not prioritise their children. Plexus shilling and regular Facebook posts. 

Nurthan - pregnant with third baby by end of year

KayJon - pregnant with baby 2 by end of year

Potential courtship for Renee or of-age boy. 

Nothing for Tim

Repeat guess - little girls remain dishevelled and malnourished. 

• Upvote 2

Posting late too I keep forgetting to write down my predictions, anyway here we go 

Bates: pregnancy for Withney, Tori, Erin, Esther, Josie, Lydia, Katie not sure 

Erin and Chad - officially in Florida, continue their business, Erin will look clearly unhappy, listing less and less. Will not be seen back to T unless there is a wedding or a big event. Miracle pregnancy with insane health risks a boy this time 

Lawson and Tiff - overly dramatic, annoying YouTube videos, keep hinting at a possible pregnancy, Tiffany will say even more clearly that she wants to move back to CA. 

Tori - remain quiet and boring, new baby what is now n5? 

Alyssa - baby boy is insanely spoiled and doted on, girls and puppy are shoved to the side. Possible late-in-year "surprise" pregnancy hoping for another boy 

Josie - pregnancy, Josie and Keltons businesses remain successful maybe an expansion for both business 

Carlin - health issues continue, Carlin makes questionable choices. YouTube videos continue on successfully start talking/hinting about wanting another baby, but eventually will be pregnant in 2024 or super late 2023

Katie - stays in NJ and has her first baby, Katie fully embraces mommy blogger life, more Instagram shilling and more YouTube content,  none of us is convinced she is happy as she wants us to believe, second pregnancy but baby born in 2024

More creepy shit about the Clark family comes out 

Engagement around I love you day for Jackson and wedding later on early to mid-summer 

Nothing really new for the other kids maybe some more trips around to help siblings 

Duggars

Pregnancies for Jessa, Kendra, Hannah, Katey, Jinger

Josh and Anna - Anna stays off social media and stands by her fellow man. M kids spotted at various family functions and ATI camps.

Jana - nothing

Jabbie - no big changes

Jill and Derrick - no changes, questions over Izzy and Sam attending home or regular school.

Jessa - pregnancy, remains firmly on board with the Duggar brand. 

JinJer - remains in L.A, Jeremy's endless "education" continues forever hoping to become a buddy with the big guys at his church. Jinger's book contains nothing interesting or shocking. Both shill crap on social media, frequently post their expensive outings and shopping trips, pregnancy in the second half of the year

Joken-  new baby. Maintain no social media presence. 

Siren - remain off social media. More sightings of Daisy 

Joy - a new baby. More questionable safety choices and guns saw around the home with no concern for the children. More traditional feminine roles less time to be a tomboy 

Jed! and Katey - baby and another pregnancy, more tedious youtube vids, he will continue to be an ass to Katey on video 

Jer and Hannah - another pregnancy, later in the year around fall 

Courtship and engagement for whichever of-age boy is currently rumored. 

Courtship rumors for Hannie with Carver Bowers 

Rodrigueses

Jill and David continue to travel and grift conveniently forgetting their children. Plexus shilling and regular Facebook posts. 

Nurthan - pregnant with a third baby by end of the year a third boy 

KayJon - pregnant with baby 2 by end of the year a girl 

Potential courtship for Renee or of age boy. 

Tim will keep getting to know the girl but things will move very slowly possible engagement around the end of the year

little girls remain disheveled and malnourished. 

Pat's health will continue to slowly move down the hill, I have a feeling she will not see 2024 if not maybe for a few days. Tim senior will move to live next to one of his child 

Duggars: More grandkids, Josh still in prison, etc. Same old same old. I think Anna sticks around a few more years.

Andersons: No more kids for Zsu, another of the older boys disappears from her posts. I'm still voting those boys as most likely to have some major scandal - best case one gets a girl pregnant, worst case a shooting rampage. PP continues to be angry and awful. Zsu comes up with some other money-making scheme (another cookbook or homeschooling thing for example). The whole family seems unhappy.

Rods: Nurie pregnant again very soon if she isn't already, Renee has a courtship, Timbits changes jobs again but Jill mentions him rarely, Jill finds a way to get out of caring for Pat - possibly involving a move. Kaylee possibly pregnant again at the very end of the year. David still grifting for a new RV, and they still manage to have tons of vacations and getaways despite living on handouts. Janessa still seeming a bit behind where she should be, and Jill not noticing or caring because Janessa is "the baby" still. 

Maxwells: Steve is more and more passive aggressive as the kids live their own lives their own way. Sarah and Kory go on vacations that aren't Steve-approved. 

Bro. Gary: Same as always. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/31/2022 at 3:25 PM, llucie said:

Thank you for creating the preddictions thread for this year. I think it is fun to look back at the end of the year and see what you have gotten right.

My predictions:

Duggars: New babies for Jessa (boy), Jinger (girl), Kendra (girl), Claire (boy). Courtship and engagement for Jason.

Bates: New babies for Whitney (girl), Tiffany (girl), Esther (boy), Tori (boy) and Josie (girl). Lydia wil be pregnant by the end of the year. Jackson and Emerson will get enagaged and married. Warden will start to get to know another diferent girl.

Rodrigues: Tim will get engaged and married. Kaylee will have a girl. Renee will start courting someone.

Keller: David and Hannah have another baby, a boy.

Happy new year everyone!

Also, Nurie and Nathan Keller will have another baby this year, a girl. Completely forgot to add them.

Rods:

Jill Rodrigues will do or say something so tacky that we will all wonder how she will possibly top herself. She will somehow do so before the end of the year. 

Kaylee has a girl, which is overshadowed by Nurie having a girl before the end of the year. Both will have a variation of "Jill" in their names. 

Timmay will announce his engagement, and we will all feel sorry for the new Mrs. Rodrigues because Jill quite possibly would be the worst MIL of them all. 

David will go all in on grifting for a new RV during sermons. No one will have it on their heart to give them a new RV, but the Rods will get a few paid meals at restaurants because congregants feel sorry for their children. 

Phil will continue to do well enough at his uncredited college, I guess. I haven't really heard or seen much about him lately.

The children at home will continue to make staged, uncomfortable "fun" videos for Mama and will publicly swim in street clothes on at least two occasions. Renee will spend less time hawking jewelry and more time as Jill's public bestie. While Hannah is technically old enough to join the bestie squad, she will get less screen time as Jill favors Renee and Tessie. The younger girls will continue to be largely overlooked. Gabriel will be the next child to write odes to Jill on Facebook. 

Duggars: 

Josh will lose his appeal and stay in prison, and Anna will stay married to him. She will look increasingly depressed in the background of photos at the TTH

Jana will continue to be uninteresting to me, unless she denounces religion and leaves the cult.

Actually, replace "Jana" with any of the grown children and that would be accurate!

Jinger and Jeremy will grow tired of LA and move to Florida, where Jeremy will teach or otherwise get involved with the Expositor's Seminary. 

More married Duggars will have children. (I don't really follow them too closely anymore!)

Misc:

Girl Defined will largely trickle to only occasional posts as each sister tries her hand at her own online business/ministry.

Karissa will continue to be insufferable.

In fact, the vast majorities of fundies will continue to be insufferable! 

@HideousGreenShirt I mostly agreed with your prediction, with a few changes, but I used yours as a basic canvas to avoid forgetting someone (and still I feel like I have done it damnt it! There are just too many of them) 😅🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

This has been nibbling at the edges of my mind for the last few weeks:  Doug Phillips comes out as gay or trans.

He's disappeared from social media for years and why in the world would an ego centric narcissist attention ***** like Doug Phillips go dark?  There may be some other explanation (in witness protection, directing a multi-year blockbuster epic, must maintain confidentiality as a lawyer to the stars,  deep involvement in Jan 6th) and so on) but we shouldn't count this one out. 

21 hours ago, Howl said:

This has been nibbling at the edges of my mind for the last few weeks:  Doug Phillips comes out as gay or trans.

He's disappeared from social media for years and why in the world would an ego centric narcissist attention ***** like Doug Phillips go dark?  There may be some other explanation (in witness protection, directing a multi-year blockbuster epic, must maintain confidentiality as a lawyer to the stars,  deep involvement in Jan 6th) and so on) but we shouldn't count this one out. 

Gay would surprise me, though I've always suspected he's bi.  For me, gay doesn't line up with how aggressively he pursued/manipulated/assaulted Lourdes.  I think he thought (in his twisted way) he was in love with her.  

I think he went dark in hopes that after several years people would forget his worst actions and he could rebrand.  Not bloody likely, you rapist tool.  FJ is forever and we will NEVER let your sorry ass off the hook.

5 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Gay would surprise me, though I've always suspected he's bi.  For me, gay doesn't line up with how aggressively he pursued/manipulated/assaulted Lourdes.  I think he thought (in his twisted way) he was in love with her.  

I think he went dark in hopes that after several years people would forget his worst actions and he could rebrand.  Not bloody likely, you rapist tool.  FJ is forever and we will NEVER let your sorry ass off the hook.

This coming October would make 10 years since the collapse of the tool, right? That seems like enough time off to then make a convincing comeback with a lot of tears and penitence. I could see him partnering with RC, Jr, isn’t he doing some sort of redeeming fallen pastors grift?

I’m kind of surprised he hasn’t done the divorced husband bit and run off to Hungary with Rod Dreher. Those two would probably get along well and definitely deserve each other. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Columbia said:

I’m kind of surprised he hasn’t done the divorced husband bit and run off to Hungary with Rod Dreher. Those two would probably get along well and definitely deserve each other. 

Too funny!  Actually, he's been abroad. Cinema of Wonder facebook appears to be defunct (no longer on fb) but Doug is active, as of Jan 4, on DW Cinematographer. 

Jan 4, 2022: Remembering on this special day our dear friends in Nauta [Peruvian Amazon?] that I spent time with on my return visit.

"April 6, 2022: Taking a little Sunday break in the UK from the set of a feature film which will appear on streaming later this year."

From September 30, 2020: "A week filming in the jungle."  A photo of the boat used in Werner Herzog's film  Fitzcarraldo (filmed in Peru and Brazil) is included in the photo montage, so he was in South America. 

Maybe he's just too crazy busy being an international film maker to hang out much in the US.  He's also fond of posting photos of himself.  I noticed that at least one of his sons appeared in the Amazon photos. 

Meanwhile, Beall is at home helping the last kid finish home school and the next older son presumably is still at home as well. 

I hope both those kids can at least go to School O'Sproul, meet other kids, socialize, and get some kind of degree.  Alternately, go to a real college and learn marketable skills. There is no shortage of community colleges, 4-year colleges and universities in San Antonio. 

• Thank You 1