IGNORED

Fundie Predictions 2023

EyesOpen

Here you go!  Guess your heart out what the fundies will be up to in 2023.

• Upvote 4

I pretty much only follow the rods and brohawk closely, so:

Jill becomes more and more unhinged as the older kids marry and leave. The littles being cute is only going to churn in a little cash. She continues to treat every girl under 13 like a baby. Maybe starts selling another mlm in addition to plexsucks. Continues to hint at needing a new rv gifted to them. Is visibly relieved when ma and pa go back to their own home.

Davey has some sort of health issue. Maybe heart, or diabetes. Jill uses that to start another go-to-me fund. 

Nurthan is pregnant with #3 by spring. New nurthling is another boy with another weird name. They continue to completely ignore nehi, and when the 3rd one comes, they will ignore newbie too.

Timtim gets married to Heidi, moves to Pennsylvania and I keep running into them at weird places. Wedding in late spring, also pregnant before the end of the year.

Kayjon will have the first girl, named something cutesy, but with a normal spelling. They're pregnant again before the end of the year.

Renee is getting to know someone. We find out that he's a bad dude. Jill may decide he's not worth losing her best housekeeper for and separates them somehow. She also might be married before the end of the year.

Philly is shown with a beautiful young lady who he has his eyes set on. She's painfully not interested. He continues to be in the top 10 of his class.

Sam has someone interested in taking him on as a carpenter apprentice, but Jill screws it up by making him continue the traveling circus.

The other kids continue their same boring lives, doing nothing except what maamaa says they must.

Tnt doesn't make it through the end of 2023. Jill starts yet another go-to-me fund to pay for the funeral. She takes a bunch of grinning selfies with the corpse. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1

My Debbie downer prediction is that one of the young adult sons in these families will get busted as part of a violent hate group or for plotting an attack on an LGBT gathering or reproductive health provider.

• Upvote 8

I mostly only follow the Bates/Duggars. So here are mine for 2023

Duggars:

Josh remains in jail, Anna stands by her man

Jana--nothing changes

JD/Abbie--no changes

Jill/Derrick--Jill announces #4, a girl

Jessa/Ben--baby #5

Jinger/Jeremy--baby #3 announced, a boy

Joe/Kendra--another pregnancy/baby (what number are they on? 10?15? HAHA) I think actually #5

Si/Lauren--pregnancy, unannounced, a boy, confirmed in 2025

Joy/Austin--no changes outside of baby #3 born in spring

Jed/Katey--baby #2 in spring and #3 announced by end of year

Jer/Hannah-Baby #1 born, no other changes

Jason--courtship

James--courtship

Justin/Claire--Baby #1 born; not publicly announced

Jackson-nothing

Johannah (turns 18 late in 2023) I'm sure the Duggars would love a girl engagement by year's end.

Jennifer, Jordan, Josie--nothing

Bates:

Zach/Whit: announce baby #5

Michael/Brandon: No changes

Erin/Chad: Baby #6 announced as "a shocking surprise! We can't believe it! God is Good!"

Lawson/Tiffany: no changes, health issues for Tiffany complicate having a baby

Nathan/Esther: Baby #2 announced

Alyssa/John: The Crown Prince is born

Tori/Bobby: Baby #5 announced

Trace/Lydia: Baby #1 announced/born

Carlin/Evan: health issues continue but Carlin gets pregnant anyway--baby #3 pregnancy later in 2023

Josie/Kelton:  Baby #3. Although I suspect this might be a rainbow baby but they won't say anything about a pregnancy loss until this baby is born. Josie had Willow and Hazel quickly, with a pregnancy loss in between. I am surprised they haven't announced #3 yet. 

Katie/Travis: Baby #1 born. Katie discovers having a baby doesn't solve her homesickness/unhappiness.

Jackson: Engagement announced end of 2023

Warden, Isaiah, Addallee, Ellie, Callie, Judson, Jeb--No changes. But Addallee will turn 17 in February so getting close to the right age for Bates girls to find that special someone!

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2

A couple of Arndt weddings. 

Duggars 2nd generation keep reproducing, same for Bates and Rodrigues.

Braggie Abbie - another pregnancy, singleton

Andersons - at least one boy gets busted for either a s*xual or hate crime

Another scandal for JimBlob 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

MaxHell: 

Mary & Sam wed

Anna gets engaged

Sarah & Kory pregnancy

John & Chelsy pregnant w/ #4

Jesse & Anna Patrice pregnant w/ #1

Rodrigues:

Nurthan pregnant w/ #3

KayJon pregnant w/ #2

Renee courtship & engagement

Duggars:

More daughters wearing pants

Pregnancy-JoeKen, JustinClaire, JinJer

Anna will find someway to move out of Arkansas

Courtship-Jason, James

Bates:

Pregnancy-NathanEsther, ToriBobby, JosieKelton

Wedding-Jackson

Courtship-Warden & Isaiah

Campbells:

More and more grandkids & great-grandkids

• Upvote 5

I don’t follow most families anywhere near as much as I used to, so sorry if something doesn’t make sense or already happened.

Duggars

Josh and Anna stay married.
Jana courtship
Jessa announces #5
Jinger announces #3
Joe and Kendra have #5 but we don’t hear about it for months. Someone leaks the name of #4 (I’m so curious!)
Jed and Katey, I wonder if they would be ridiculous to name their second child Donald or Trump or something. Ooh or maybe Jessa would, since her boys are named after Christian heroes or some such. 
Justin and Claire announce #1.

Bateses

Zach and Whitney have #5
Michael has a miracle baby
Erin announces #6 (I know she’s supposed to be infertile, but they said that before the last one too.)
Lawson and Tiffany announce a pregnancy 
Tori announces a pregnancy 

… I can’t keep track of any of the younger ones.

Andersons: no new baby. Solomon engaged. More scandals.

Maxwells:

Babies (or at least announcements) for Chris and Anna Marie, Sarah and Kory, Joe and Elissa, John and Chelsy, and Jesse and Anna. Mary and Sam marry. Annas living her best life and stays single and doesn’t return home on vacations.

Rodrigueses:

Lots of ridiculous inappropriate stuff but no new marriages or babies other than Kaylee’s.

im also thinking babies for the Pecans, a few more Arndt courtships, and someone does something shocking. 

• Upvote 2

I started my predictions a couple of weeks ago and have been waiting eagerly for this thread. 

Duggar

Anna continues to stand by Josh and live at Jim Bob’s expense. She visits Josh as often as allowed.  Her kids spend most of their time at the big house.

No husband for Jana. Speculation that she has her own apartment.

Jessa and Ben – baby, a boy.

Jeremy and Jinger – baby, a boy.

Joseph and Kendra have another baby, a girl. No announcement on social media.

Joy and Austin – baby boy born without incident.

Jed! and Katey – pregnancy no. 2, a girl.  Pregnancy no. 3 announced late in the year.

Jer and Hannah – baby girl born without incident. Trendy name. Pregnancy no. 2 announced late in year.

Engagement for either Jason or James.

Justin and Claire finally have a baby, a girl.

No babies for John/Abbie, Jill/Derick, Josiah/Lauren.

Much speculation as to possible matches for Johannah. Jim Bob keeps a tight lid on any potential suitors.

Bates

Zach/Whitney – baby, a girl.

Alyssa/John – boy with trendy name.  Despite saying this is the last, they’ll have at least one more, but it won’t be announced until 2024.

Lawson/Tiffany – baby, a girl with trendy name whom they treat as a prop. They continue to spend more time on the road than in Nashville. They look at homes in California. Ultimately, they'll either buy a second home or move to the San Diego area. No signs of a career for either of them. Tiffany’s current role of the silly young wifey grows old, for Lawson, her and their audience.

Nathan/Esther – baby no. 2, a boy. Somehow they manage to name it after Nathan even though they've already named Kenna after him. 

Carlin/Evan – health issues continue, no resolution. No baby.

Tori has another baby, a boy with a strange name.

Josie has another baby, a boy. Sage or some other nature-themed name.

Katie – baby girl born. She continues unhappy in New Jersey. Possible move to Tennessee.

Trace and Lydia – pregnancy, a boy.

No pregnancies for Michael, Erin.

Hints at special friends for the middle boys and Addee, but no engagements or marriages.

Rodrigues

Nathan and Nurie have third baby, a girl with ridiculous N name.

Kaylee and Jonathan have baby, a girl with cutesy name. They fail to distance themselves from Jill and David. Second pregnancy announced by year end. Kaylee joins Jill’s Plexus downline.

Renee courts some man we’ve never heard of. Engagement late in the year, wedding in spring 2024.  

Tim remains in the trailer. Despite no signs of physical or emotional chemistry, courtship and engagement with Heidi Coverett.  Presented by Jill as a love match, but obviously an arranged marriage. Jill love bombs Heidi but is obviously jealous. 

Phillip does fairly well at bible college.  He is spotted with a young lady from college, but no courtship.

Samuel graduates, is pushed by David and Jill into the same bible college Phillip attends though he shows no aptitude for or interest in preaching. Immediate speculation that he is courting. 

More family trips, along with multiple weekend getaways for Jill and David.  Their finances remain a mystery. Jill decorates at least one more house.  Pat’s health continues to decline. Tessie and Hannah are permanently promoted to the bestie squad.  Nothing changes for younger girls.

Bontrager

Slow baby year.  No babies for Josh/Cass, Carson/Carolina, Mitchell/Bryn, or Denver/Praise. Growing speculation that Denver/Praise have fertility issues.

Chelsy has baby, a boy, even though her health issues continue.

Allison announces pregnancy in second half of year, but no baby until 2024.

Special friend(s) for Elizabeth and/or Taylor. Presented as love match, but obviously arranged by Marlin and involving families the Bontragers are already close to.

Anderson

John leaves home, lives with his older brothers. He vanishes from social media.

One of the older boys knocks up a girl (in fact, I’m surprised all the known pregnancies from these families have occurred within wedlock. The Duggar, Bates and Anderson boys can’t all be as pure as they’re depicted).

Maxwell

Mary and Samuel marry over the summer.  If Mary does not graduate this year, they stay at the school so she can finish her degree. If she graduates, they’ll take some missionary post. No pregnancy until she's done with school. 

Anna continues to do well at school.  She gets a job at the school or in their camping ministry after graduation. Does not return home. Hints that she has a special friend.

Babies - Jesse/Anna, John/Chelsy. 

Sarah and Kory do not have a baby but continue to look blissfully happy.

Waller

Pregnancy, a boy, announced late in year, but no baby until 2024. Non-biblical P name with some convoluted faith-based meaning.

Shrader

John continues to throw off exciting project ideas, none of which come to fruition.  He also continues to post about attacks from Satan. No explanation of the whereabouts of the plane or what happened to his many failed projects. No baby; Daniel is the last.  Oldest children remain in Zambia; no hints of further education, career or courtships.

Hawkins

Gary returns to Facebook and YouTube with no explanation as to why he disappeared. Same old, same old with his preaching. His beloved truck remains in hiding, perhaps in the same location as John Shrader's mystery plane. Both Michaela and Caleb/Sarah produce new grandbabies, which Gary proceeds to ignore other than his usual spiel about giving them their first whuppin’.

Arndt

First marriage takes place in spring, pregnancy announcement by fall. Once the first child falls, the others will be quick to follow.  Several more engagement announcements during 2023.

• Upvote 5

Duggars

Anna - Stays at the big house most of the time. But visits Josh twice a month while staying with Pris. 

Jana - no relationship but maybe she will move out like her friend Sarah Maxwell

Jessa and Ben – a new baby in 2023. A boy with a fairly ordinary name. 

Jeremy and Jinger – no new kid in 2023. Although she will claim it, Jinger won’t be free in 23.

Joseph and Kendra - new secret baby in 2023

Joy and Austin – baby boy named Simon James

Jed! and Katey – they will have #2 and it will be a boy. No idea on the name. Truett really threw me. 

Jer and Hannah – girl born named Miah Marlys

Jason - getting to know a girl in the family fundie circle

James - no girlfriend yet

Justin and Claire - no baby yet for them

John/Abbie no new baby 

Jill/Derick - no new baby but they might get the boys back to public school next school year

Josiah/Lauren- no new secret baby

Bates

Zach/Whitney – announce a pregnancy in 2023

Alyssa/John – boy named Bryce Alan

Lawson/Tiffany – no baby because she will have some health stuff to take care of

Nathan/Esther – announce a pregnancy in 2023

Carlin/Evan – no new babies but medical problems will continue

Tori - new baby in 2023 with a terrible name that I absolutely hate 

Josie - no new baby in 2023

Katie – Haley James will be born and she will wear sad beige clothes for sad beige babies. 

Trace and Lydia – no baby in 2023

Michael -no baby

Erin- no new baby. They will complete the move and set up house in Florida. They will start at a new church and will do some sort of leadership in this new church. Whether it’s singing or assisting the pastor. 

Rodrigues

Nathan and Nurie announce a 3rd pregnancy but I don’t think it will be born until 2024

Kaylee and Jonathan: have a baby girl with a cutesy name

Renee - starts getting to know a GYM

Tim - will announce his courtship with Heidi Coverett. Jill won’t be thrilled about it like she was thrilled with her girls getting married. Because Jill will be jealous that Heidi is getting all of Tim’s attention. 

Samuel- graduates and Jill proclaims he’s a carpenter. So he will find a job related to that. 

Phil - keeps attending the tiny Bible college and gets decent grades.

Bontragers

Josh/Cass- no secret baby

Carson/Carolina- no secret baby

Mitchell/Bryn- no new baby

Denver/Praise: announce a pregnancy in 2023

Chelsy- new baby in 2023 even though she’s dealt with multiple health issues. It will be a boy and it’s name will be much better than Axton. 

Allison- announces a pregnancy but baby isn’t born until 2024

Lincoln Taylor- will be seen with a girl and speculation will occur.

Andersons

Sol- Enjoys his new home and allows John to stay with him

Isaac- stays cut off

John- moves in with Sol

Maxwells

Mary - Sam will graduate at the beginning of may and they will marry a few weeks later. They will live in married student housing until Mary graduates. 

Anna - will be very active in her college her senior year. Student council and lots of other types of activities. She will be the maid of honor in Mary’s wedding.

Jesse/Anna- no babies

Sarah and Kory - I think Sarah will have a baby in 2023 or the very beginning of 2024

Wallers - I think Pris will have a baby in 2023. It will be a boy named Phineas or Patrick.

Shraders - no baby for Esther in 2023, thank goodness

Arndts

Luke and Catie will marry in the spring. It will be full of Arndt weirdness. The brothers will do weird things that make us go “what?” But the pictures will be stunning. 
We will find out even more Arndt brothers have girlfriends in 2023

Wissmanns

Rachel- no new baby in 2023

Ruth- no new baby in 2023

Drew- no new baby

Josiah- no new baby

Bethany- new baby boy in 2023

Matthias- no new baby in 2023

Susannah- starts dating someone 

Nate- announces pregnancy in 2023

Botkins

Elizabeth will have a baby in 2023

Staddons

Mi-El- no new baby 

Robert- they could have their final baby in 2023

Esther- no new babies in 2023

James- their first baby will be born in 2023

Daniel- #4 will be born in 2023

Mortons

I don’t even want to name all the Morton babies that will be born in 2023. But there will be a bunch. At least 5. Maybe more. 

• Upvote 6

Predictions listed under spoilers to make this a shorter post.

Arndts:

Spoiler

All but three or four of the kids are engaged/married by the end of the year. There’s a 50-50 split between those on the property and those who move away. Vine Valley is quietly erased from the website.

Bates:

Spoiler

Zack and Whit: Pregnancy announced at I Love You Day, it’s another boy.

Erin and Chad: The second miracle baby, a boy, arrives in the fall. He displaces Carson as Erin’s favorite child.

Lawson and Tiffany: She looks more over his shit with each post. There’s lots of hints dropped they’re having trouble conceiving.

Nathan and Esther: Pregnancy number two is announced in the summer, it’s a boy. 

Alyssa and John: JOHN ELLIOT WEBSTER JUNIOR arrives to great fanfare. Although Alyssa initially says they’re done now that they have a boy, by the end of the year hints start dropping that they’re trying again because “he needs a brother.”

Tori and Bobby: Another boy born in the fall.

Trace and Lydia: Pregnancy announced on their first anniversary.

Carlin and Evan: She finally gets some solid answers and a working treatment plan for her medical issues. She also reveals that she and Evan will stop at 2 kids due to her health.

Josie and Kelton: Another baby girl born in early fall.

Katie and Travis: She comes back down to Tennessee when Hailey is three months old for extra help and stays long enough for people to suspect trouble in paradise. She’s back in New Jersey by fall.

Jackson and Emerson: He proposes in April and they get married in September/October.

Warden: Maybe a courtship.

Gil and Kelly Jo, Brandon and Michaela, Addie through Jeb: Nothing new.

Duggar:

Spoiler

J’Predator and Anna: His appeal fails and he stays in prison. She’s only seen in the backgrounds of family videos/pictures, looking extremely burnt out/checked out.

Jana: Nothing new announced; she’s seen standing next to a man and everyone freaks out.

JD and Abbie: No news, we find out Charlie’s middle name from the post they make about his first birthday. Maybe a Medicorps scandal.

Jill and Derick: There’s more hints that Izzy and Sam are learning at the SOTDRT. She’s also seen at the big house more. 

Jessa and Ben: It’s confirmed that she’s carrying grandchild number 29, another floral girl. 

Jinger and Jeremy: Her book is met with the enthusiasm of a wet fart, but still becomes a best seller due to people wanting to know the gossip. Maybe another baby - a boy, Jeremy Jr. 

Joe and Kendra: Another baby, but nothing is ever publicly confirmed. We find out number 4’s name via a Caldwell family Facebook post.

Joy and Austin: Baby 3’s pregnancy/birth is thankfully uneventful. There’s more videos that come out of Gideon and Evy in dangerous situations/near things that could turn bad fast. 

Jed and Katey: Baby number 2 is a boy. Katey looks more and more over Jed’s shit with each passing family video blog. She’s pregnant again by the end of the year.

Jer and Hannah: Baby girl is born on New Year’s Day.  Maybe another pregnancy by the end of the year.

Jason: Maybe a courtship is confirmed.

Johannah: Her engagement to Carver Bowers is announced on her 18th birthday and they have a December wedding. 

Jim Bob and Michelle, Siah and Lauren, James, Justin and Claire, Jackson, Jennifer through Josie: Nothing new.

Maxwell:

Spoiler

Steve and Terri: More passive-aggressive posts about their kids running off.

Sarah and Kory: A pregnancy revealed in the latter half of the year, the baby is a girl.

Joseph and Elissa: A baby girl born during the summer.

John and Chelsy: Chelsy continues to reveal things via her blog. She also shares that due to her heart condition she and John are actively preventing pregnancy. 

Mary and Sam: June 2022 wedding; they settle in married student housing.

Nathan and Melanie, Chris and Anna Marie, Anna, Jesse and Anna Patrice: Nothing new.

Rodrigues:

Spoiler

Tim and Patricia: I sadly don’t think she’ll make it through next year. If god forbid that happens, he’ll park his RV in the yard next to his namesake’s.

David and Jill: David continues to laze around. Maybe he gets another pair of leggings that will haunt our nightmares. Jill freaks out about turning 45 and shows it by babying the younger kids and hogging the grandchildren so people will exclaim how young of a grandmother she is, or to try to pass herself off as the mom. And of course, more date nights/trips.

Nurie and Nathan: Pregnancy number 3 is announced in March/April, a third boy born in December. Nemo and Newmie are both quickly forgotten about.

Tim, if he and Heidi are courting: Ellen announces his and Heidi’s engagement; everyone asks why Jill didn’t bother to share anything (she doesn’t respond). They marry in late summer and he moves to Pennsylvania. Jill has a meltdown over her oldest boy leaving her for another woman. Heidi is pregnant by the end of the year.

Tim, if he is not courting: Continues working odd jobs and posting rants on YouTube. And more traffic tickets, of course.

Kaylee and Jonathan: Baby is a girl. The theme is announced as either J names for girls and K names for boys, or all names starting with L since L comes after J and K in the alphabet. They give her a middle name in honor of Patricia, Renee or Sarah (Jonathan’s mom), causing Jill to passive aggressively post complaints that they didn’t name her precious golden granddaughter after her. Panda the Yorkiepoo is quietly rehomed.

Renee: Brings Hannah fully onboard as her partner in Sister Creations. She’s seen sitting close/next to a random guy and everyone freaks out but nothing is announced.

Philip: Jill brags about how he’s near the top of his class. Any work she shows will be mistaken for that of a third grader’s. Maybe he starts communicating with a missionary family to prepare for Hungary.

Samuel: Gets taken under the pastor’s wing and begins to learn carpentry. Grows a mustache; it looks bad.

Tessie and Hannah: Their Jillification continues. 

Gabriel, Olivia through Janessa: Nothing new.

Waller:

Spoiler

Baby number 7 breaks the trend and is another girl born in December. Maybe named Danielle or Dawn. There’s hints Mackynzie is living with them. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Duggars

-We will find out that Anna has relocated to Texas, close to the Pecans and Spiveys. No big news about Josh.

-No announcements for JD and Abbie, or for Jana.

-Jill and Derick will continue to homeschool. No major announcements from their family.

-Pregnancy for Jessa and Ben.

-No news for Jinger and Jeremy.

-We will see a few more pics of Joe and Kendra's newest baby floating around online, or from the Caldwells, but no deets. Kendra will get pregnant again but no announcement.

-Radio silence from Josiah and Lauren will continue.

-A girl for Jed and Katey. He will continue to be an ass in their YouTube videos.

-Jeremiah and Hannah will name their baby Mia or Olivia, or some other name ending with "ia".

-Jason will get engaged to Claire Landrum. Chaos will erupt online as snarkers struggle to agree on a name that distinguishes her from the other Claire in the family.

-Joy will have her baby in a hospital- another vbac but he will be huge. And identical to Austin. Their name choice will be fairly traditional and hard to snark about.

-No pregnancy for Justin and Claire.

Bates Family

-Pregnancy announcement for Zach and Whitney- a girl.

-Surprise pregnancy for Michael after she and Brandon discontinue any fertility testing or treatments.

-Erin and Chad will move to Florida (whoops, forgot that they literally just did this!) She'll announce another pregnancy but with less emphasis on how miraculous it is. We will see her and Carlin interact in a photo or video on social media.

-Lawson and Tiffany will announce a pregnancy on their YouTube. It will be a girl.

-No pregnancy for Esther and Nathan. They will buy a fixer upper home in Arkansas, however.

-Alyssa will have her baby (his middle name will be John) and officially start giving him preferential treatment as the only boy. Allie will be stuck taking care of Maci.

-Tori will announce another pregnancy. It'll be a boy with a K name.

-Carlin will stop having (or at least reporting on) her health issues. Evan will continue to work at the boutique instead of as an electrician.

-Josie will announce a pregnancy. It'll be a boy this time. They'll give him a nature name like his sisters.

-Katie and Travis will have their baby and she'll seem a million times happier in their second year of marriage and be traveling a lot less.

-Pregnancy announcement for Trace and Lydia. They'll post on YouTube about her making moves towards getting citizenship.

-Jackson will announce that he's engaged to Emerson. They'll have a summer wedding.

Other Fundies

-Pregnancy for Priscilla and David. It will be a boy with a P name, of course.

-Mary Maxwell will get married. Chelsy will announce that she's pregnant with a girl. This one will go smoothly, but she'll be highly monitored.

-Kaylee will have a girl, and Nurie will announce another pregnancy. Girl for her too. Renee will start courting someone.

-Katie Smith will become engaged to some guy we've never heard of from her church. Alyssa Morton will have another girl, and get pregnant again before the year ends. Campbell Morton will have a boy. Kennedy will announce her pregnancy- a boy. Addie will have a boy.

-Courtney Rogers will announce a pregnancy with a boy, breaking her girl streak.

-Grace Wilkstrom will have another baby within a year of her last birth. A girl this time without a "dirty" name.

-Ethan and Olivia Plath will announce that they're getting divorced. Hosanna will have another baby, but no mention of it on the show or social media.

-Jenelle Brown will officially leave Kody and move out of Arizona. Meri will move back to Utah.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 2

Duggars

New baby for Jessa, posts less on social media 

Jinger no new pregnancy announcement till possibly 2024, book doesn't fare well

Joseph and Kendra have #5, her parents will eventually post the pictures on Facebook 

Jed and Katey welcome #2, a boy, posts more on YouTube 

Jer and Hannah welcome #1,  middle name Marlys

Jason and James enter courtships but no announcement, possibly engaged, James posts more on YouTube 

Justin and Claire announce a pregnancy 

Bates

Pregnancy announcements for Zach and Whitney, Josie and Kelton, Trace and Lydia, Tori and Bobby

Lawson and Tiffany spend more time in California

Jackson gets engaged and married 

Warden continues to date around

Carlin finally gets answers on her health 

Rodrigues 

Kaylee and Jonathan have a girl

Nathan and Nurie announce another pregnancy.              

Timothy and Heidi enter a courtship and eventually engaged 

Renee is in a getting to know you phase, possible courtship 

Phillip does well in school and Samuel gets an apprenticeship with a carpenter 

Other

David and Priscilla announce #7, a boy with a P name 

Grace and Kord announce pregnancy #3

The documentary on IBLP isn't as revealing as people think 

Edited by Nashville92
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Rodrigues:

Kaylee/Jon have a baby boy. Jill gushes over him for 5 minutes, then quickly forgets all about him because . . . Nurie has a baby girl! Jill's over the moon w/ a first granddaughter, and Nurie & baby Nevaeh Jill cement themselves into position as Jill's favorites.

Tim courts Heidi but she comes to her senses and says no. 

Renee courting

Phillip drops out of Bible school and moves into Timmy's trailer.

Samuel begins working for an Amish carpenter.

Jill's mom continues having health problems, has another stroke.

Duggars:

JB runs for office again.

Anna continues to stand by her man, but there are tensions brewing under the surface. She makes a lot of trips back & forth to Texas, her kids seem to be farmed out a lot to relatives.

Jessa/Ben have baby #5. Jessa continues to wear the pants in the relationship

Jinger/Jeremy - pg later in the year. JB pissed about her book.

Joy/Austin - Baby boy born, nothing new.

Joe/Kendra have another baby but keep it quiet.

Jed!/Katey - Have another boy with an odd name. Jed! can't stop being passive aggressive about  Katey gaining 2 lbs. Meanwhile, he gains 20.

Jer/Hannah have their baby and seem happy. No new pg in 2023.

Jason/James - one or both is courting.

Bates:

Michael talks Brandon into adoption.

Zach/Whit - pg again

Erin/Chad - Move to FL but don't hang out much w/ Alyssa. No new baby for them, they're done.

Alyssa/John - John Jr. is born. He will not be their last.

Carlin/Evan - Health problems continue but Carlin downplays them. No new baby this year.

Josie/Kendall - New baby on the way

Other:

Mary Max gets married. She does not finish her last year of Bible College.

Sarah Max has a baby. Her one and only.

Priscilla Waller has another baby. 

John Shrader - alienates the couple that goes to Zambia to help him. 

*Predictions do not cover known info.

Duggars

• Babies for Jessa, Kendra, and Claire. 
  • Courtship/engagement for Jason or James.
  • Anna stays by her man. Attempts to return to social media, is promptly found by snarkers, and slings off again.
  • Jana continues enjoy the single life. No hints at a relationship.
  • Jill's kids return to public school. Hints at a possible #4.

Bates

• Babies for Whitney, Erin, Tori, Lydia, and Josie.
  • Jackson and Emerson get engaged. 
  • Erin is miserable in her new home. Chad continues to enforce his will.
  • Carlin receives no answers. Her kids continue to be adorable.
  • Baby Webster is given a totally respectable non-nickname name and is born on Allie's birthday.
  • Lawson and Tiffany continue to tease a pregnancy, but never actually get pregnant.

Morton

• Babies for Kressant, Dorothy, and Kennedy.
  • Possible new man for Katie.
  • Kennedy denies she is pregnant again.
  • Adeline is pregnant again before the end of the year.

Wissmann

• Babies for Abi, Bethany, Kori, and Katrina. 
  • Rachel gives up trying to have another baby.
  • One of the single girls enters a courtship. No engagement this year.

Bontrager

• Babies for Chelsy, Allison, and Praise.
  • Taylor starts courting.
  • Joshua and Carson continue to stay off the interwebs.

Rodrigues

• Kaylee has a boy. Nurie has a girl around Christmas.
  • Renee starts a courtship. Timothy enters an arranged courtship, but everyone portrays it as genuine love.
  • More cringyness and dangerous activities from Jilldo.
  • Philip flunks out of school and returns home.

Misc

• An Anderson boy marries some poor girl. 
  • Rebekah Baird gets pregnant.
  • Courtney Rodgers has another girl. 
  • Courtney Collingsworth has a bio baby.
  • Sadie Robertson has another girl.

• Upvote 3

Anderson family:

Something really bad happens to/is done by one of the teens or young adults.

Brown family/ies:

Kody becomes openly estranged from almost all his children until he FINALLY gets a clue about midway through the year and starts trying (with varying levels of success) to reconnect with them again.

• Rufus Bless 1

22 hours ago, indianabones said:

A girl for Jed and Katey. He will continue to be an ass in their YouTube videos.

Aaaand it took less than 24 hours for my first prediction to come true! Although it's not quite 2023 yet...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

In no particular order:

- A few Arndts marry/get engaged/are revealed to have girlfriends, but not the eldest. And no man is good enough for Wizzy.

- Sarah Maxwell does not have a baby, but Mary is married and pregnant by the end of the year. Anna does not return home after graduating college.

- Jana Duggar announces an engagement and FJ implodes a bit.

- An Anderson is arrested for something bad.

- In terms of Duggar grandbabies, Jinger announces #3, Jessa announces #5, no one else makes any open public announcements but we suspect at least one more secret baby (probably Kendra #5). Claire and Justin remain childless.

- A Duggar boy gets engaged. J’Felon’s appeal fails of course. Jed runs for office again. 

- Braggie martyrs herself with another pregnancy 

- A fundie daughter we follow escapes their cult and we hear about it from another ex-fundie friend-of-the-family on reddit but it seems legit 

- A fundie patriarch dies

• Upvote 1

Thank you for creating the preddictions thread for this year. I think it is fun to look back at the end of the year and see what you have gotten right.

My predictions:

Duggars: New babies for Jessa (boy), Jinger (girl), Kendra (girl), Claire (boy). Courtship and engagement for Jason.

Bates: New babies for Whitney (girl), Tiffany (girl), Esther (boy), Tori (boy) and Josie (girl). Lydia wil be pregnant by the end of the year. Jackson and Emerson will get enagaged and married. Warden will start to get to know another diferent girl.

Rodrigues: Tim will get engaged and married. Kaylee will have a girl. Renee will start courting someone.

Keller: David and Hannah have another baby, a boy.

Happy new year everyone!

• Upvote 1

Duggars: 

Josh and Anna stay married. Anna posts more "Josh is innocent stuff". They will continue living at/near TTH

Jana does not get married. 

No new pregnancy for JD and Abbie. 

Jill confirms that she is homeschooling, but says they don't rule out state school at a later time. 

Jessa is revealed to be carrying Mystery Baby #29. She gives birth in early May to a boy. 

No new pregnancies for Jinger & Jeremy. 

Name and sex of JoKen 4 is revealed. Kendra is pregnant with her fifth. 

No new pregnancies for SiRen. More Daisy sightings, but nothing officially confirmed. 

Joy gives birth a couple weeks early to their boy. 

No new pregnancies for Jed&Katey, besides the ongoing one. 

No new pregnancies for Jer&Hannah, besides the ongoing one. 

Jason starts a courtship with a Langdon girl. 

No courtship for James.  

No pregnancies for Justin and Claire. 

Johannah starts a courtship with Carver Bowers in the last part of the year. 

Bates: 

Pregnancy for Zach and Whitney, but baby not born in 2023.

No pregnancy for Michael and Brandon. 

No pregnancy for Erin and Chad. 

Pregnancy for Lawson and Tiffany, but baby not born in 2023. 

No pregnancy for Nesther. 

No pregnancy for Alyssa and John, besides the ongoing one. 

Pregnancy announcement from Tori and Bobby. Baby (a boy) born in last quarter of the year. 

Pregnancy announcement from Trace and Lydia. Baby (a girl) not born in 2023. 

Nothing from Carlin and Evan. 

Nothing from Kelton and Josie. 

No new pregnancies from Travis and Katie, besides the ongoing one. 

Jackson gets engaged to Emerson Wells. 

Duggars:

Beyond those already confirmed pregnant, I'm betting pregnancies for Jessa, Claire, Jinger and Kendra. We might not hear about Kendra's though, and only learn through pictures. 

Josh's appeal gets denied and Anna spends more time in Texas, but not the kids. I think this year will be especially hard for her as this will be the first odd year that she doesn't give birth since she's been married. I don't think we'll have proof of it being hard on her, though. 

Jed looks into running for office again. Either Jason or James gets into a courtship. Jana stays single, but travels as much as before. 

Bates:

Besides those already confirmed pregnant, I see pregnancies for Whitney, Tori, Esther, and Lydia. 

No pregnancy for Tiffany, but she and Lawson hint at it all the time for clicks. They travel even more than this last year, and discuss moving to California. 

There's going to be some insufferable crap Medic Corps, mainly involving Nathan. 

No new courtships or engagements, though the younger of age boys do date. 

Wallers:

Other than a pregnancy for Priscilla, nothing much changes. They are still goofy, the kids are still cute. 

Rodrigueses:

Girl for Kayjon, named after Jill in some way. New pregnancy for Nurie by the summer.

Renee starts courting. Despite hints, no courtship for Tim. 

Phillip continues along at Bible college, but we don't hear much about it. Samuel graduates homeschool and starts an unlicensed carpentry/construction business. He does not go to trade school. 

Lots of vacations for Jill, who shows even more signs of being envious of her daughters. Sophia's issues are ignored more. Jill does some sort of memorial for her Ma Turtleneck, even though Ma Turtleneck does not die. 

Maxwells:

Either Steve and Teri half-ass Mary's wedding, or Samuel's family does everything for it to be lovely. Pregnancies for both Chelsy and Sarah. We don't hear much about what anyone else in the family is doing. Steve's Seriously's columns become increasingly bitter. Anna does not get engaged, but does not move back home after she graduates - she's enjoying her best life. 

Misc:

Courtney Rogers has another baby, which completely shocks her for some reason. 

PP and Zsu continue to be horrible. Solomon gets engaged. John disappears from family pictures just like Isaac. 

Karissa and Mandrae get pregnant again by the end of the year. 

John Schrader continues to be nuts. 

For the Mortons, besides those already confirmed pregnant, pregnancies for Dorothy, Kennedy and Alyssa. Paul gets engaged. 

• Upvote 2

Ok here I go

Duggars

• Anna stays with Josh and remains at the TTH. I do think she'll leave eventually, just not in 2023
  • No new baby for JD or Jill
  • Jessa has another baby, a boy. I think she's the most likely candidate for #29, but I'm not sure
  • New baby for Jinger, a boy
  • Joken #5 will arrive, though we may only know through rando reddit pictures again
  • No new baby Josiah
  • No new baby for Joy (after the one she's currently pregnant with is born of course)
  • I think Jed will squeeze out a pregnancy announcement #3 before the year is over
  • Jer will announce baby #2. Also a boy. Boys for everyone please
  • No baby for Justin
  • Someone will begin a relationship, maybe Jason

Bates

• Baby #5 for Zach, a boy
  • No new babies for Michael or Erin
  • A baby for Nathan and also Lawson. More boys
  • I don't buy that Alyssa is done have kids but I don't think she'll have another this year (after the one she's currently pregnant with is born of course)
  • Baby #5 for Tori, a boy with a name that makes us all go "huh?"
  • No new baby for Carlin or Katie (after the one she's currently pregnant with is born of course)
  • Girl #3 for Josie with another nature name which I hope pisses Jessa off.
  • Baby #1 for Trace
  • Jackson is dating someone, right? He'll get married I guess

I feel like I've forgotten a Duggar and/or Bates but oh well

Others

• Courtney Rogers has #13. This one really is the last she swears
  • The Pecans are due for another announcement, I think. Baby will be due in 2024 and will be a boy so that we will never know if their theme is P for boys and D for girls or if it's just alternating P & D
  • Braggie announces baby #11. I already said this in her thread but I expect her to give us a made up story about someone shaming her for having a baby at her age.
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

For the Mortons, besides those already confirmed pregnant, pregnancies for Dorothy, Kennedy and Alyssa.

Pretty sure Alyssa is already confirmed!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Pretty sure Alyssa is already confirmed!

Ah, I wasn't completely sure, thanks!

• Upvote 1