• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• 47of74

• ADoyle90815

• WiseGirl

I could have gone my entire life without having seen this. 

Spoiler

Edited by 47of74
  • I Agree 2

raid.thumb.jpg.2e53c90e664f62ac8812bd5ba84b555d.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

There have been assertions that the FBI shouldn't have executed a search warrant on TFG because it might trigger his base. Here are some great reactions to that:

20220810_molly1.JPG.14b959e3b6286dcea85d9d25919c1174.JPG20220810_molly2.JPG.5febbf27dd2167724613fa84bd121999.JPG

More under spoiler:

Spoiler

20220810_molly3.JPG.b687fefe0a9741e347528d16856d42f8.JPG

20220810_molly4.JPG.7d043f9eb274c409c3581482ca195d75.JPG

20220810_molly5.JPG.6b27a0a205e66e32c3b0bd77d730e44d.JPG

20220810_molly6.JPG.7f35385145be575471cad22ea536b727.JPG

• Upvote 8

13 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.thumb.png.ae3c948db82663d58e983610fef44e8d.png

I will admit right after I saw the news and read the first breaking news article I called my mom and stepdad to celebrate with them.

• I Agree 3

image.png.b52761ea2d31fe8541b25e462b179c4a.png

"Trump Whine"

So yesterday, another political cartoonist made a public post rhetorically asking who could have predicted there would be 100 toilet cartoons after the FBI search at Mar-a-Lago, and then he praised himself saying it was he who made that prediction. He failed to mention he was one of the hundred who drew a Wizard of Oz cartoon after the Kansas abortion vote, and three days after to boot.

But the thing is, I’m pretty sure everyone who drew a toilet cartoon was fully aware there would be other toilet cartoons. When I showed my proofreaders yesterday’s cartoon on Monday night, I told them I hoped nobody would do exactly what I did, but I knew there would be a lot of toilet cartoons. A colleague of mine messaged me yesterday morning about another subject but also said, “By the way, I’m going to do a toilet cartoon.” I told him, “Why shouldn’t you?” It was really good too.

Kudos and cookies to every cartoonist who drew on the subject but avoided the toilet concept, but I don’t care. The reason so many of us used the toilet concept despite knowing everyone else would also draw a toilet is that toilets are a part of the story. There was a Trump toilet story the day before the “raid.” It’s too much fun. How in the Hell do you not draw a toilet when a president is destroying and stealing classified documents and government property, and flushing them down a toilet? It’s actually important to document this.

In fact, it’s so much fucking fun, that despite someone looking down their nose at us for drawing toilets, I did it again. It’s too much fun. I could probably write ten more toilet cartoons if you put a gun to my head…or a dirty toilet scrubber. Please don’t.

This brings us to Trump’s whining about the “raid” on his golf resort home. Republicans are outraged and say if the FBI can raid a former president’s (sic) home, then they can come after anyone. Well, yeah.

If you break the law, you can be investigated, prosecuted, and indicted. You can go to prison. It’s comforting that in President Biden’s Justice Department, the law applies to everyone. His own son is being investigated by his own Justice Department.

Republicans are demanding Attorney General Merrick Garland explain and reveal everything immediately, but he doesn’t have to do that. Basically, they want all the evidence from the investigation revealed in order to destroy the investigation. It’s like that time when Republicans controlled the House and Devin Nunes was chair of the committee investigating investigations of Trump and went straight to the White House to inform them that intelligence agencies intercepted his transition team’s communications, and without telling the minority party on the committee.

What they’re not demanding is for Donald Trump to show his copy of the search warrant or the list of items the FBI confiscated. He has both yet he won’t reveal them…like his taxes. Maybe revealing them would destroy the Republican narrative.

Marco Rubio and other assorted goons have tied this to the 87,000 new IRS “agents” provided by the passing of the Inflation Reduction Act. It’s the same tactic used by warning if Donald Trump can’t get away with breaking the law, then you can’t either. The increase in hiring tens of thousands of new IRS employees is a great talking point for the midterm elections, but the truth is, they’re hired to increase enforcement of people just like Donald Trump. The hiring of 87,000 new IRS employees has NOTHING to do with a search warrant being delivered on Donald Trump.

Most of all, Trump’s defenders don’t know what they’re talking about, which is par for the course at MAGA-Lardo. They don’t know what the FBI was looking for or what it’s connected to. A Trump goon who was part of the Trump administration despite never being qualified for anything other than being creepy, Kash Patel, says Trump declassified everything he took. But, did he? Also, the documents he took still didn’t belong to him. He stole 15 boxes of government documents, classified or declassified. They’re all screaming from a position of ignorance.

Marjorie Taylor Greene is screaming about “defunding” the FBI. Remember when they were using “defund the police” against Joe Biden even though he’s never been a supporter of that position? Are they still doing that? Yeah, probably. So much for the law-and-order party.

The goons screaming for accountability and explanations from Biden’s Justice Department were A-OK with Donald Trump trying to turn the Justice Department into his personal goon squad. If you want an example of the Justice Department conducting political investigations then look no further than the Durham Investigation. It’s like those fucking Benghazi hearings that never found anything but noise.

What we do know is that judges don’t issue search warrants willy-nilly like Trump pardons for Trump goons. They don’t move to search the homes of former presidents (sic) as fast as Josh Hawley high-tailing it from angry white nationalist mobs he instigated.

We also know that the judge who granted this search warrant was appointed by, wait for it… (you see it coming, don’t you? Yeah, I think you do)…Donald J. Trump. Oopsies.

Republicans are upset that Donald Trump is being held accountable. Some have even asked, What has he ever done that could be considered illegal?

Just off the top of my head, sedition, sexual assault, cheating on taxes, lying on loan applications, housing discrimination, trying to steal an election, election fraud, starting a riot, committing a coup attempt, asking government officials to find votes that don’t exist, asking election officials to overturn elections, stealing shit, destroying government documents, using government resources to extort foreign presidents, trying to install fake electors, and violating the emoluments clause. I know I left a bunch of stuff out.

Despite all the GOP outrage, it’s a good thing that the law applies to Donald Trump just like it applies to the rest of us. I mean, we’re getting there, right?

And on the day Donald Trump does go to prison, I want to see Dora the Explorer outside jumping and singing, “We did it! We did it! Yay! We did it!”

• Upvote 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic