IGNORED

Hana Williams’ sister on TikTok

Columbia

Probably most of us are familiar with Hana Williams’ story. She was adopted from Ethiopia, suffered horrific abuse and was eventually killed by her adoptive parents using the Pearls’ To Train Up a Child. One of her sisters (presumably, I know anyone can say anything online) has started a TikTok account discussing her experience growing up in that family. 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRJtgEHR/?k=1

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 9

Do the Pearls have their own section? They should. I can't tell if the Pearls are tagged here, but they should be. 

Thank You @Columbia for bringing this to our attention!

I'm thankful this young woman looks good and seems strong. She is certainly strong enough to speak about what happened.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Do the Pearls have their own section? They should. I can't tell if the Pearls are tagged here, but they should be. 

Yes,  Pearls & Anasts - To Beat Up a Child is the forum. 

("Anast" refers to Rebekah Pearl Anast, the oldest Pearl daughter.  She and her husband are very deep in the fundy crazy.)

The specific thread is Williams Abuse Trial - Hana Alemu/Hannah Williams - Merge

This story tore my heart apart. It's a comfort to know those adoptive "parents" are still languishing in prison. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I’m curious to know where all the children went after the parents were arrested. We’re they split up? Did some live with family and some live in a foster home? It just seems so sad because there were 7 bio and 2 adopted children when Hana was killed. That’s a lot of kids and that means they were probably split up. Which is heartbreaking knowing what they were already going through. 

• Upvote 3

My memory is very hazy on this, but I think they went to live with relatives.  The other adopted boy (deaf?) went to live with a family who knew exactly what he was about and how to help him and he was able to do well. 

Again, I'm hazy on this, but I think the oldest boy had been tasked with disciplining the younger kids and possibly Hana, so likely was thoroughly indoctrinated in his parents' belief system. 

• Upvote 4