IGNORED

Fundie essentials

neuroticcat

I didn't realize this thread was about a book someone wants to write.

I also notice that this is a thread about stay-at-home daughter.  The official stay-at-home daughter movement was much smaller than people think it was. Generally older stay-at-home daughters are the most pitied on this site, but there are so many ways young marriage can be a problem. The people are heavily chaperoned and can't really get to know each other. They don't know if they're compatible and if they have chemistry since they're not allowed to touch. Not getting to know each other, means that one partner could turn out to be abusive. This is assuming they have choice. The Neely father arranged marriages and didn't seem to care what the girls thought. A lot of fundie marriages are arranged without forcing the kids into it. It can still be an arranged marriage even if the person wants to marry the other person. The women are not told about birth control, etc. so they get pregnant right away after marriage. They have to keep having babies even they burnt out from having children or the physical health suffers. Women are expected to be "joyfully available" and have sex even when they don't want to.

Definitely make the characters homophobic. If religion causes someone not to support LGBTQ+ rights, then that person is a fundie.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

Then the family stays at the Ronald McDonald house where they experience meeting all kinds of families, united in grief and trauma bonding.

For so many people, the deconstruction process to becoming exvangelical began when they were out in the world and exposed to agents of Satan who turned out to be lovely, kind, caring people. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Portray characters as self-righteous and sanctimonious hypocrites and you can’t go wrong.  
Also, KJB only.  

I do believe that you have enough material for a book, a TV show, and a movie.  

Edited by Granwych
Redundancy.
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

On 6/26/2022 at 6:01 AM, danvillebelle said:

That makes me think of Tim Hawkins' joke about that phrase - "Tim, you have a SERVANT'S HEART.  That's when I knew I'd be stacking chairs." 

I love love love his bit about “Christian cuss words.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1