IGNORED

2020 Election Fallout Part 16: Public Hearings Are Underway

GreyhoundFan

Head proud boy douche cannon was live streaming when he got interrupted possibly by the FBI. 

Proud Boys founder and far-right agitator Gavin McInnes was interrupted and disappeared during a livestream last night, with allies reporting that he had been arrested – possibly by the FBI.

Mr McInnes, a notoriously misogynistic, racist and homophobic activist who pioneered a now-familiar style of violent right-wing organisation blended with internet troll-style intellectual posturing, was hosting his Get Off My Lawn show on Thursday when unidentified people apparently entered his studio.

He rose from his chair without switching off his microphone and began speaking to someone off-camera.

“We’re shooting a show, can we do this another time?” he said, exchanging words with someone out of range of his microphone. “Alright, I’m happy to do that, I’ll get a lawyer, and we will sit down and have a conversation, we’ll schedule a meeting and we’ll sit down with my lawyer.”

Oh and Apple?  Why on Earth would you autocorrect live streaming to love streaming?  I don’t think I’d wanna see that. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Head proud boy douche cannon was live streaming when he got interrupted possibly by the FBI. 

Oh and Apple?  Why on Earth would you autocorrect live streaming to love streaming?  I don’t think I’d wanna see that. 

If he did get arrested while live streaming, I sincerely hope it was not just accidentally timing but very purposeful. 

I can't find a way to embed it so somebody with more tech knowledge may be able to help out but have any of you seen the video of those guys "training" that was released in the past couple of days?  I laugh every time I see their stupid Captain America cosplay shields.  It's on Reddit in r/publicfreakout and f/mallninjas and the comments are very funny.  Y'allquada at its finest!  One of my favorite comments was that it was like watching the klan scene in Django Unchained.  (If you haven't seen the movie, do yourself a favor. It's long and there are some parts that could have been edited out but Christoph Waltz remains an absolute delight, Jamie Foxx is captivating, Kerry Washington is ethereal, and Leonardo di Caprio and Don Johnson are having a great time overplaying their roles.  The scene where DiCaprio injures his hand is real.  It wasn't scripted and he really injured it but kept on going.)

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

If he did get arrested while live streaming, I sincerely hope it was not just accidentally timing but very purposeful. 

I can't find a way to embed it so somebody with more tech knowledge may be able to help out but have any of you seen the video of those guys "training" that was released in the past couple of days?  I laugh every time I see their stupid Captain America cosplay shields.  It's on Reddit in r/publicfreakout and f/mallninjas and the comments are very funny.  Y'allquada at its finest!  One of my favorite comments was that it was like watching the klan scene in Django Unchained.  (If you haven't seen the movie, do yourself a favor. It's long and there are some parts that could have been edited out but Christoph Waltz remains an absolute delight, Jamie Foxx is captivating, Kerry Washington is ethereal, and Leonardo di Caprio and Don Johnson are having a great time overplaying their roles.  The scene where DiCaprio injures his hand is real.  It wasn't scripted and he really injured it but kept on going.)

If it's a YouTube video you just need to copy and paste the video link in and it should imbed the video automatically.  Works with most videos unless the uploader disabled imbedding.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Wow, the government is pushing for a 17 year sentence for Webster. Of course, his attorney is pushing for zero.

• Thank You 6

I'm glad the judge is holding him responsible.

• Thank You 7

19 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Wow, the government is pushing for a 17 year sentence for Webster. Of course, his attorney is pushing for zero.

Former police officer, former Marine, uses a flagpole with the Marine flag to beat someone and to spearhead a breech on Jan 6? Fuck that guy. 

I can’t fault the supporter for asking the court to consider “Trump’s despicable lies”. It was hard and frustrating to see the Trumpers in my life fall for it but none got as bad as these people. I imagine it was heartbreaking. But I hope the judge disregards it and gives the full 17. 

• Upvote 5

Alan Doucheowitz is now claiming lawyers don’t want to be canceled by representing fuck face. 

Alan Dershowitz, the lawyer who represented former President Donald Trump in his Senate impeachment trial, said six lawyers have called him to say that they would not defend Trump for fear of being "canceled." 

Dershowitz made these comments to Newsmax host Sean Spicer on Monday, saying that while he had some "concerns" about the caliber of Trump's current lawyers, many qualified lawyers are refusing to represent Trump. 

"I can tell you that six lawyers so far called me and said, 'We will not defend Trump even though we'd like to because of what happened to you, Alan Dershowitz, because you have been canceled,'" Dershowitz said.

Dershowitz also said that he had lost jobs and speaking engagements after representing Trump, and those other lawyers had seen him as an example of what could happen to them if they took Trump as a client.

It’s more likely lawyers don’t want to represent the 🍊 shitgibbon because he doesn’t pay and they know he’s going down hard.  And they don’t want to be pressured into performing illegal or at the very least unethical acts representing said 🍊 shitgibbon. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Alan Doucheowitz is now claiming lawyers don’t want to be canceled by representing fuck face.

I think he may have a point, though there are other issues.  Any lawyer who agrees to represent Trump might be able to obtain a large retainer but I'd expect Trump to nickel and dime, post to the point of self-sabotage, generally interfere, and blame the lawyer if/when the result doesn't go his way.  Meanwhile, I believe many non-Rs would want nothing to do with the lawyer and the firm, and the Rs would quickly follow suit in the event a loss.  A win would probably bring more difficult clients/cases from the R side - probably the best-case scenario for the lawyer but still a likely PITA.  Why would an already successful lawyer want to bother with this?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Fuck stick drew a 10 year prison sentence 

Former New York Police Department officer Thomas Webster, who unsuccessfully tried to convince a Washington, DC, jury that he was merely acting in self-defense against a police officer who he assaulted on January 6, 2021, was sentenced to 10 years in prison Thursday. 

This is the longest sentence of any January 6 defendant so far. 

In videos played during his trial, the 56-year-old former Marine can be seen swinging a metal flagpole at DC officer Noah Rathbun before crossing police barriers at the US Capitol and tackling Rathbun, choking him with the officer's chinstrap. In May, Webster was found guilty of all six charges he faced, five of which were felonies. 

"It is not until you arrived, Mr. Webster, that all hell broke loose," Judge Amit Mehta said of the police line which Webster broke.

Not nearly long enough and the should stick him in general pop. 

• Upvote 10

On 9/2/2022 at 9:31 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.dfac8cbf479b817147afe8cc59c77d03.png

Daniel Hull probably went out and bought a lottery ticket right after his client said he wanted to go pro se and release Hull as his attorney. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

Awaiting the wailing and gnashing of teeth

A New Mexico state district court judge has disqualified county commissioner and Cowboys for Trump cofounder Couy Griffin from holding public office for engaging in insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

State District Court Judge Francis Mathew issued a ruling Tuesday that permanently prohibits Griffin from holding or seeking local or federal office.

Griffin was previously convicted in federal court of a misdemeanor for entering Capitol grounds on Jan. 6, without going inside the building. He was sentenced to 14 days and given credit for time served.

The new ruling immediately removes Griffin from his position as a commissioner in Otero County in southern New Mexico. He also is barred from serving as a presidential elector.

• Upvote 8

A New Mexico state district court judge has disqualified county commissioner and Cowboys for Trump cofounder Couy Griffin from holding public office for engaging in insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

Oh my gosh, did I get a kick out of this.  Couy Griffin is a pompous asshat who introduced a resolution to make Otero County in southeastern New Mexico a sanctuary for unborn life.  The resolution passed, but it makes zero difference since abortion is legal, and will remain legal, in New Mexico. 

• Thank You 9

Iowa Brach Trumpvidian Doug Jensen had some legal setbacks

The Des Moines man seen at the front of the pack of rioters inside the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 will face trial Sept. 19. At the heart of the prosecutors’ argument is an interview Jensen did with the FBI two days after video showed him inside the Capitol.

Jensen’s defense attorney filed a motion to suppress the interview with the FBI because he says Jensen was illegally detained, wasn’t given his Miranda rights, was sleep deprived and did not give a voluntary interview.

Wednesday afternoon, Judge Timothy Kelly, ruled the interview was voluntary and Jensen did not need to have his Miranda Rights read to him because he was never in any custody. Judge Kelly said Jensen voluntarily walked to Des Moines Police, talked to the FBI voluntarily, and agents gave him a ride home. Therefore, Judge Kelly ruled the interview should not be suppressed, and can be used in court.

Jensen’s defense team also wanted information found on his cell phone to be suppressed, but Judge Kelly also ruled that information was voluntarily given to FBI agents by Jensen that day.

Dude should probably cut a plea deal and roll over on his fellow BTs now. Otherwise given his post riot behavior I don’t see this ending well for him. 

• Upvote 8

Yeah, he needs a golden ticket...to go straight to prison.

image.png.bce5db2c3c22368dafb3a26fa1811c3d.png

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I hope the judge says HELL NO:

image.png.bf1908163adc9d3841567f57ece1efa2.png

Ren Faires are pretty fun.  But the judge should remind her that people who frequent Ren Faires are not down with insurrectioninsts right before throwing a "Hell NO!" her way. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I hope the judge says HELL NO:

image.png.bf1908163adc9d3841567f57ece1efa2.png

Oh honey when you make a bad choice you're consequence usually is missing out on something fun that you really wanted to do. I'm so sorry that you got to be an adult and never learned this. 

• Upvote 7

Yes, by all means get into a shouting match with the judge.  That will work out well for you and your client. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/14/politics/oath-keepers-judge-mehta-argument/index.html

It's worth noting that the judge said she read about the prior attorney's indictment and charges weeks ago in the paper.  Defense counsel claims she just now found out about her client being told by the previous attorney to the delete the messages.  Even if the first attorney hadn't been charged and indicted, how is this attorney ten days away from trial and just now finding out this information?  Didn't she talk to her client and ask him why he deleted the messages?  Talking to your client well before trial (and doing so multiple times, especially on such a big case) is just basic trial preparation.  Either she is full of shit or she isn't doing her job (or she's angling for her client to get an ineffective assistance of counsel appeal built right in.)  I have no love for those guys on trial but they should have lawyers who know not to get into shouting matches with judges and pay better attention to their cases. 

• Upvote 6

@47of74, I think you’ll need to fill up your stock of popcorn for this one… :popcorn2:

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

On 9/14/2022 at 3:19 PM, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Yes, by all means get into a shouting match with the judge.  That will work out well for you and your client. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/14/politics/oath-keepers-judge-mehta-argument/index.html

It's worth noting that the judge said she read about the prior attorney's indictment and charges weeks ago in the paper.  Defense counsel claims she just now found out about her client being told by the previous attorney to the delete the messages.  Even if the first attorney hadn't been charged and indicted, how is this attorney ten days away from trial and just now finding out this information?  Didn't she talk to her client and ask him why he deleted the messages?  Talking to your client well before trial (and doing so multiple times, especially on such a big case) is just basic trial preparation.  Either she is full of shit or she isn't doing her job (or she's angling for her client to get an ineffective assistance of counsel appeal built right in.)  I have no love for those guys on trial but they should have lawyers who know not to get into shouting matches with judges and pay better attention to their cases. 

Yeah I was just coming here to mention this too. I sooooooooo wish there had been video of the shouting match. 

Judge Mehta also wasn’t down with the antics of head oaf keeper Stuart Rhodes. 

A federal judge in Washington, D.C., found it “mystifying” that Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes would make a last-ditch request for the appointment of a special master with trial on the horizon.

U.S. Judge Amit Mehta began a pre-trial conference Wednesday after 9:30 a.m. by saying he hoped to address motions filed in recent days by Rhodes, and to talk about jury selection and courtroom space ahead of the Sept. 27 seditious conspiracy trial.

Judge Mehta, a Barack Obama appointee, explained that he denied the request to appoint a special master because he had “no idea” what the purpose would be. He also denied a trial delay, noting the “government has consistently been providing discovery to defendants in this case — for months and beyond.”

The judge, pushing back on Rhodes’ contention that there has not been adequate time to prepare for trial and review discovery, noted that the issue of the trial date has been settled since May.

I’m getting some phone browser weirdness so here’s the link https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-breach/federal-judge-mystified-by-last-ditch-request-by-oath-keepers-leader-stewart-rhodes-for-a-special-master/

• Thank You 5

Something I just noticed in the CNN story was that Mehta said he couldn't “imagine where the idea came from” to request a special master.  Well, your honor, I've got a pretty good idea where it came from.  Rhodes saw what the orange fuck was doing and decided to try it out for himself.  Big difference here is that Judge Mehta isn't a Branch Trumpvidian whackjob unlike Cannon and isn't having this Trumpian bullshit.

• Upvote 7

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic