Jump to content
IGNORED

Jinjer 58: Going for the DMIN


Coconut Flan

Recommended Posts

On 9/10/2022 at 4:07 PM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Yeah I don't get this. You need *something* to talk about. Based on the video it seems like "jinger's kitchen" is going to generate more cooking content but she seems totally uninterested in cooking. I remember when they got the coffee roaster she actually showed some mild excitement. 

But her "cooking show" was so unenthusiastic and pointless that it was almost a parody.

I'm glad she's not monetizing her kids but I'm confused why they think they can still sort of present themselves as welcome to my home style vloggers.

I agree about the "cooking show." Aside from the condensed milk, did she even season anything, even salt and pepper?
And I guess someone told her you're supposed to tell a story but usually it's a story about the recipe--Grandma made this on Saundays, Mom and Aunt Mary always argued about how firm to make the matzah balls, we used to love picking blueberries--but she just kind of throws in random unrelated stuff, and stuff involving snakes and blood and other unappealing things when the "cooking show" is about food.

Just overall another Duggar thing of I can just do whatever on the fly and that makes me a pro.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now there's a newsletter. Like we care? 

Oh, Jinger needed a friend to help her demo tonic coffee. Basically, you dump some tonic water and espresso in a glass. Serve with a lime wedge. Riveting stuff, that. 🙄

  • Upvote 4
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@marmalade I assumed the ‘friend’ was from the coffee brand that she was tagging. I guess the tater tot casserole was the hook to get the humpers in, from now on it will be infomercials with anyone desperate enough to partner with them.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wish the Vuolos would pick a lane and show some tenacity by staying in it. To me, it seems they are looking for the easy path to a big old pile of money, while faking the hard work generally required. Sorry that just turns me off-

  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's also more and more clear Jeremy really isn't cut out to be a preacher. Posting daily devotionals to social media would be a consistent draw, give them "Jesusy" cred, and be less time consuming than a full sermon. Yet Jeremy does no such thing. In this area, I am getting some Harry and Megan vibes. No, Jeremy I am not saying you are royalty. 

  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

It's also more and more clear Jeremy really isn't cut out to be a preacher. Posting daily devotionals to social media would be a consistent draw, give them "Jesusy" cred, and be less time consuming than a full sermon. Yet Jeremy does no such thing. In this area, I am getting some Harry and Megan vibes. No, Jeremy I am not saying you are royalty. 

Other than being a student, I can’t figure out from their SM what jeremy does with his time. Does he have a PT job? I know they have friends and take lots of trips, but day in/out, what does this 35 YO man do?

  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know I could go back to the beginning of the thread and find out what 'Going for the DMIN' is, but I haven't because I really enjoy reading it as 'Jinger: Going for the DIM' and then adding to myself "and she's achieved it!"

Edited by Flossie
spelling
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Flossie said:

know I could go back to the beginning of the thread and find out what 'Going for the DMIN' is, but I haven't because I really enjoy reading it as 'Jinger: Going for the DIM' and then adding to myself "and she's achieved it!"

I originally thought DMIN was for the D minor chord and Jinger was going to be touting her piano skills or teaching it. I've been disappointed ever since it was explained as Doctor of Ministry, or something like that.

 

Edited by Bobology
My auto correct changed Jinger to Finger.
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bobology said:

I originally thought DMIN was for the D minor chord and Jinger was going to be touting her piano skills or teaching it. I've been disappointed ever since it was explained as Doctor of Ministry, or something like that.

 

Every time I see DMIN, my mind does to DIM. Yep, Jeremy V is going for his DIM. Personally, I think he’s already achieved it.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

For someone who grew up on TV, during her Jinger's Kitchen I find her very awkward and definitely not natural. Instead of being herself and talking thru things it's almost like she's trying to follow a script, at least to me.

  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In recent weeks, Joy, Jessa and Jinger have been hitting IG hard. Lots of You Tube and shilling. I wonder if JB has been cutting back on their allowances?

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

For someone who grew up on TV, during her Jinger's Kitchen I find her very awkward and definitely not natural. Instead of being herself and talking thru things it's almost like she's trying to follow a script, at least to me.

Her intro spiel about how sick they were of having Tater-Tot-Casserole alllll the time to please the camera crew and public probably didn’t help lol

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"My entire family despises this dish; here's how to make it. Now with mistakes!"

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

In recent weeks, Joy, Jessa and Jinger have been hitting IG hard. Lots of You Tube and shilling. I wonder if JB has been cutting back on their allowances?

Maybe the final demands for payment from the lawyers have arrived chez Duggar.

Despite them all subscribing to the patriarchal nonsense they were brought up in, these 3 women are not satisfied with the lifestyle provided by their husbands and are prepared to hustle and in Joy and Jessa’s case, use their kids to raise money. 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

Maybe the final demands for payment from the lawyers have arrived chez Duggar.

Despite them all subscribing to the patriarchal nonsense they were brought up in, these 3 women are not satisfied with the lifestyle provided by their husbands and are prepared to hustle and in Joy and Jessa’s case, use their kids to raise money. 

I don’t know, I know it’s an extremely unpopular opinion, but I don’t have a problem with all these “slice of life” Instagram/YouTube people having their kids on. As long as it’s not so excessive it’s interfering with daily life, and it’s kept tasteful.  It’s really not the same as filming season after season after season of 20+ episode shows where they have a crew around and clearly directed storylines. There is no way that doesn’t impact regular life. Although in the specific case of the Duggar’s I think it’s why they turned from robot children in the specials to semi-normal acting little kids — had to tone down the physical abuse. 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Knight of Ni said:

I guess separation of church and state means nothing to MacArthur.

Being in California allows him to grandstand without dealing with the consequences and fallout of his actions. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2022 at 5:21 PM, Flossie said:

I know I could go back to the beginning of the thread and find out what 'Going for the DMIN' is, but I haven't because I really enjoy reading it as 'Jinger: Going for the DIM' and then adding to myself "and she's achieved it!"

I always read it as D-Min, like demon. Which makes me laugh.

  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If she baked sweetened condensed milk, wouldn't that turn it into caramel or dulce de leche?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, moreorlessnu said:

If she baked sweetened condensed milk, wouldn't that turn it into caramel or dulce de leche?

Or a hard, sweet crust? Imagine biting into your creamy TTC and getting of mouthful of sweet!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some video is up off them packing and moving 

anyone got the goss so I don’t have to give them anymore views. I’m kinda interested the kind that wants to read it from you guys and not hear it from them lol 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They bought a house in LA.  They said it was a spur of the minute decision, their friend saw the listing when it was first posted.  It's a nice house with enough bedrooms/rooms for a large master, a girls room, an office, guest bedroom and a work out room. Not huge but a nice size.  They don't mention which exact area they are in or where it is in relation to their current house.  

4 minutes ago, JMO said:

 They did say that it would be a good place for their girls to grow up and half jokingly said that it could be their "forever home" based on what God has in store for them.  Makes me more sure that they are limiting their blessings.

 

 

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, JMO said:

They don't mention which exact area they are in or where it is in relation to their current house.  

Someone found it on Reddit (I didn't see them share a link so grain of salt, etc.) and they said that it was just outside LA. I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of LA city limits so who knows, but apparently the purchase price was $830k. I would love to not work for years and years and be able to buy a whole house in LA for almost $1 million. I'm sure they're not doing it debt free, what would JB say?

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Trending Content

  • Recent Status Updates

    • KnittingOwl

      KnittingOwl

      First snow storm of the season hit today. It got windy tonight, and we lost power. Somehow this continues to be a shock to PSE. Why they refuse to upgrade the infrastructure or do something so that 10s of thousands of people don’t lose power and heat literally every time it’s windy, I do not understand. We live in the Pacific Northwest. It gets windy!
      · 2 replies
    • louisa05

      louisa05

      Nebraska's new football coach is an evangelical bullshit artist who participates in "Man Up Ministries" conferences in the off season. Their motto is "Fighting for Biblical Manhood". Excuse me while I go vomit. 
      · 2 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Don't know I'd charge quite that much though.
       

      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Wisconsin’s first thanksgiving 

      · 0 replies
    • mango_fandango

      mango_fandango

      Long time no visit…
      COVID has finally caught up with me. Dad tested positive first, last Friday, then my mother, brother and I all tested positive today. Main symptom is feeling really really tired. Hopefully it doesn’t get much worse 🤞 
      · 1 reply
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Yeah probably not the best place to put that quote...

      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      If I still did the Catholic thing with confession this would be the priest who heard mine..

      · 0 replies
    • BlackberryGirl

      BlackberryGirl

      Do I wear it?
      i was given a vintage, 70 year old mink coat. It fits like it was made for me. Somehow my cousin, who is 8 years older than me came into 3 gorgeous fur coats from a granddaughter of a woman her mother knew. We’re talking women who died in the mid 60’s.  None of them would fit her or any other of the women in my family. Yay for essentially being a ball. Everyone else is about 5’7 or more and all outweigh me by 50+. 
       
      it is just gorgeous. What women in Skokie and Highland Park many years ago, when I still lived there would call a “serviceable” fur. It was the fur they’d wear to a good restaurant, but not the opera or symphony.
      do I wear it? I’d love to, and I live in hunting country so fur isn’t looked down on. But is it wrong?  Arrrgh god its pretty.
      · 5 replies
    • JoyfulSel

      JoyfulSel

      A modern day love story: Guy reaches out to you, you think he's cute so you start talking to him, give him your number. Guy then messages if you're free, you reply yes, guy never responds again. Love that. 👌
      · 1 reply
    • Maggie Mae

      Maggie Mae

      Ugh people who comment on height are the worst. 
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.