IGNORED

Jinjer 58: Going for the DMIN

Coconut Flan

On 9/10/2022 at 4:07 PM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Yeah I don't get this. You need *something* to talk about. Based on the video it seems like "jinger's kitchen" is going to generate more cooking content but she seems totally uninterested in cooking. I remember when they got the coffee roaster she actually showed some mild excitement. 

But her "cooking show" was so unenthusiastic and pointless that it was almost a parody.

I'm glad she's not monetizing her kids but I'm confused why they think they can still sort of present themselves as welcome to my home style vloggers.

I agree about the "cooking show." Aside from the condensed milk, did she even season anything, even salt and pepper?
And I guess someone told her you're supposed to tell a story but usually it's a story about the recipe--Grandma made this on Saundays, Mom and Aunt Mary always argued about how firm to make the matzah balls, we used to love picking blueberries--but she just kind of throws in random unrelated stuff, and stuff involving snakes and blood and other unappealing things when the "cooking show" is about food.

Just overall another Duggar thing of I can just do whatever on the fly and that makes me a pro.

• Upvote 8

Now there's a newsletter. Like we care? 

Oh, Jinger needed a friend to help her demo tonic coffee. Basically, you dump some tonic water and espresso in a glass. Serve with a lime wedge. Riveting stuff, that. 🙄

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 1

@marmalade I assumed the ‘friend’ was from the coffee brand that she was tagging. I guess the tater tot casserole was the hook to get the humpers in, from now on it will be infomercials with anyone desperate enough to partner with them.

• Upvote 8

I wish the Vuolos would pick a lane and show some tenacity by staying in it. To me, it seems they are looking for the easy path to a big old pile of money, while faking the hard work generally required. Sorry that just turns me off-

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

It's also more and more clear Jeremy really isn't cut out to be a preacher. Posting daily devotionals to social media would be a consistent draw, give them "Jesusy" cred, and be less time consuming than a full sermon. Yet Jeremy does no such thing. In this area, I am getting some Harry and Megan vibes. No, Jeremy I am not saying you are royalty. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

It's also more and more clear Jeremy really isn't cut out to be a preacher. Posting daily devotionals to social media would be a consistent draw, give them "Jesusy" cred, and be less time consuming than a full sermon. Yet Jeremy does no such thing. In this area, I am getting some Harry and Megan vibes. No, Jeremy I am not saying you are royalty. 

Other than being a student, I can’t figure out from their SM what jeremy does with his time. Does he have a PT job? I know they have friends and take lots of trips, but day in/out, what does this 35 YO man do?

• Upvote 9

I know I could go back to the beginning of the thread and find out what 'Going for the DMIN' is, but I haven't because I really enjoy reading it as 'Jinger: Going for the DIM' and then adding to myself "and she's achieved it!"

Edited by Flossie
spelling
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Flossie said:

know I could go back to the beginning of the thread and find out what 'Going for the DMIN' is, but I haven't because I really enjoy reading it as 'Jinger: Going for the DIM' and then adding to myself "and she's achieved it!"

I originally thought DMIN was for the D minor chord and Jinger was going to be touting her piano skills or teaching it. I've been disappointed ever since it was explained as Doctor of Ministry, or something like that.

Edited by Bobology
My auto correct changed Jinger to Finger.
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Bobology said:

I originally thought DMIN was for the D minor chord and Jinger was going to be touting her piano skills or teaching it. I've been disappointed ever since it was explained as Doctor of Ministry, or something like that.

Every time I see DMIN, my mind does to DIM. Yep, Jeremy V is going for his DIM. Personally, I think he’s already achieved it.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

For someone who grew up on TV, during her Jinger's Kitchen I find her very awkward and definitely not natural. Instead of being herself and talking thru things it's almost like she's trying to follow a script, at least to me.

• I Agree 1

In recent weeks, Joy, Jessa and Jinger have been hitting IG hard. Lots of You Tube and shilling. I wonder if JB has been cutting back on their allowances?

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

For someone who grew up on TV, during her Jinger's Kitchen I find her very awkward and definitely not natural. Instead of being herself and talking thru things it's almost like she's trying to follow a script, at least to me.

Her intro spiel about how sick they were of having Tater-Tot-Casserole alllll the time to please the camera crew and public probably didn’t help lol

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

In recent weeks, Joy, Jessa and Jinger have been hitting IG hard. Lots of You Tube and shilling. I wonder if JB has been cutting back on their allowances?

Maybe the final demands for payment from the lawyers have arrived chez Duggar.

Despite them all subscribing to the patriarchal nonsense they were brought up in, these 3 women are not satisfied with the lifestyle provided by their husbands and are prepared to hustle and in Joy and Jessa’s case, use their kids to raise money. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

Maybe the final demands for payment from the lawyers have arrived chez Duggar.

Despite them all subscribing to the patriarchal nonsense they were brought up in, these 3 women are not satisfied with the lifestyle provided by their husbands and are prepared to hustle and in Joy and Jessa’s case, use their kids to raise money. 

I don’t know, I know it’s an extremely unpopular opinion, but I don’t have a problem with all these “slice of life” Instagram/YouTube people having their kids on. As long as it’s not so excessive it’s interfering with daily life, and it’s kept tasteful.  It’s really not the same as filming season after season after season of 20+ episode shows where they have a crew around and clearly directed storylines. There is no way that doesn’t impact regular life. Although in the specific case of the Duggar’s I think it’s why they turned from robot children in the specials to semi-normal acting little kids — had to tone down the physical abuse. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Knight of Ni said:

I guess separation of church and state means nothing to MacArthur.

Being in California allows him to grandstand without dealing with the consequences and fallout of his actions. 

• Upvote 4

On 9/20/2022 at 5:21 PM, Flossie said:

I know I could go back to the beginning of the thread and find out what 'Going for the DMIN' is, but I haven't because I really enjoy reading it as 'Jinger: Going for the DIM' and then adding to myself "and she's achieved it!"

I always read it as D-Min, like demon. Which makes me laugh.

• Haha 7
  • I Agree 5

15 minutes ago, moreorlessnu said:

If she baked sweetened condensed milk, wouldn't that turn it into caramel or dulce de leche?

Or a hard, sweet crust? Imagine biting into your creamy TTC and getting of mouthful of sweet!

Some video is up off them packing and moving 

anyone got the goss so I don’t have to give them anymore views. I’m kinda interested the kind that wants to read it from you guys and not hear it from them lol 

• Upvote 4

They bought a house in LA.  They said it was a spur of the minute decision, their friend saw the listing when it was first posted.  It's a nice house with enough bedrooms/rooms for a large master, a girls room, an office, guest bedroom and a work out room. Not huge but a nice size.  They don't mention which exact area they are in or where it is in relation to their current house.  

4 minutes ago, JMO said:

They did say that it would be a good place for their girls to grow up and half jokingly said that it could be their "forever home" based on what God has in store for them.  Makes me more sure that they are limiting their blessings.

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 12

49 minutes ago, JMO said:

They don't mention which exact area they are in or where it is in relation to their current house.  

Someone found it on Reddit (I didn't see them share a link so grain of salt, etc.) and they said that it was just outside LA. I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of LA city limits so who knows, but apparently the purchase price was $830k. I would love to not work for years and years and be able to buy a whole house in LA for almost $1 million. I'm sure they're not doing it debt free, what would JB say?

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic