IGNORED

Jinjer 58: Going for the DMIN

Coconut Flan

I haven’t watched their video, but I have been to North Hollywood recently. My daughter was renting an apartment there and we stayed at an Airbnb. I didn’t feel unsafe there, but there was a certain rundown urban grittiness to the areas that I saw. I’m sure there are nicer parts of it that we just didn’t see when sticking to the main roads. If you’ve seen the show “Barry” it gives a really good feel of that area.

• Upvote 1

I never imagined this was their aesthetic, not only the taxidermy all over the house but the furniture being so dark and old fashioned.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I think one of the main problems Jinger will have long term as a social media personality is she just comes across soooo quiet and introverted.
Like someone you’d  see at the park with their kids, and you might exchange a couple of polite awkward pleasantries , but that’s it.  Jana seems the same, if you were both in the plant aisle at Home Depot, she might agree that the bean plants look wilty, maybe give you a good tip for that — but that’s where the conversation would end. Jessa and Jill both seem more like the types who you might have more of a chat about the kids or the plants and then move on to other topics and possibly end up getting coffee another time.  There’s nothing wrong with being either type of personality — but one is definitely better for making money on  social media. 

The thing is, I think there are plenty of influencers who are shy and introverted, but they succeed because they can still curate certain angles and sell the products are certain way that don't rely on constantly showing off themselves and trying to force themselves to be charming. I feel like a sad part of Jinger's instagram is that she so desperately is trying to come off a certain way that is just not her, and it's very obvious. Like she feels she has to be a certain way. That's simply my impression of it. It can come across as disingenuous and she's just not a good sales woman. She doesn't have the aptitude for it (or maybe doesn't have the willingness to learn and do the work). 

Edited by meep
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

This is Jeremy’s biography from a recent speaking engagement at a summer camp:

“Jeremy Vuolo is husband to Jinger, dad to two adorable girls, a former pro soccer player, a book author, AND a current M. Div. student at The Master’s Seminary. Basically, he’s rad.

Jeremy is our headlining speaker at Camp Abide 2022. To say we’re excited about it would be like saying Jeremy is mildly fashionable.”

Of course they daren’t mention the show or the D word but his main selling point still seems to be he is married to a micro celebrity.

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 2
  • Haha 19
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I haven’t watched their video, but I have been to North Hollywood recently. My daughter was renting an apartment there and we stayed at an Airbnb. I didn’t feel unsafe there, but there was a certain rundown urban grittiness to the areas that I saw. I’m sure there are nicer parts of it that we just didn’t see when sticking to the main roads. If you’ve seen the show “Barry” it gives a really good feel of that area.

You nailed it.  Glitzy it isn't.  Maybe that's why they do so many photos at the newer built and better maintained Glendale Galleria and Americana.  NoHo is about halfway between Glendale (who has the most efficient police force I've seen lately) and the church/seminary.  Glendale is rather image conscious.  

• Upvote 2

Introverts can talk at length and in depth. (As an introvert, I will brag that we are on average better at it than extroverts.) We are also pretty good one on one. It's in crowds that I become oh dear Lord just end me now. You Tube is great because it has a "One on one" feel ro it.  However. they have to have a particular topic or two to expound on. Jinger just doesn't have the interests to be interesting. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Introverts can talk at length and in depth. (As an introvert, I will brag that we are on average better at it than extroverts.) We are also pretty good one on one. It's in crowds that I become oh dear Lord just end me now. You Tube is great because it has a "One on one" feel ro it.  However. they have to have a particular topic or two to expound on. Jinger just doesn't have the interests to be interesting. 

She’d have to dig deep and do some work. Talking about how being raised fundamentalist affected her, her eating disorder (I think she was the one who said she had one, though correct me if I am wrong), healing from Josh, ect. I’d be all over that channel. 

• Upvote 7

Most people under 40 don't use the word Rad, although the urban dictionary says it's used more in California. It's also very '80s.  It sounds old to me and I'm in my 30s. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

The entire video seems stilted. J&J do not seem comfortable with each other or giving a home tour.  The comment of the girls sit there for hours and do art projects was odd.  No toddler sits anywhere for hours, especially at a table and chairs.  I think Jinger may not be thrilled about being home all the time.  I hope she has a support network of other young moms to have play dates to socialize.  
Their relationship seems forced.  Is something going on?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

The entire video seems stilted. J&J do not seem comfortable with each other or giving a home tour.  The comment of the girls sit there for hours and do art projects was odd.  No toddler sits anywhere for hours, especially at a table and chairs.  I think Jinger may not be thrilled about being home all the time.  I hope she has a support network of other young moms to have play dates to socialize.  
Their relationship seems forced.  Is something going on?

Agree about toddlers or even recently turned 4 YOs sitting doing anything for hours.

Love how Jinger found this on the side of the road, and that Jerm was willing to pick it up. He REALLY does not seem the type to pick up old, used, aesthetically displeasing stuff off the side of the road.

• Upvote 4

They both seem uninterested, uninteresting, and down in the dumps. Jinger almost seems hesitant. That video has a really bad vibe.

Big, beautiful house in ($$$) California and they both seem sad. Meanwhile, Joy is happy, upbeat and thrilled to travel in their renovated mobile home.

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

Watching the video, if I didn’t know any better I would think that they were strangers. They have terrible body language and I’m not usually one to buy into the body language garbage.  

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Where is this video?

It's on their youtube channel:

• Thank You 6

That video was incredibly boring. They warmed up a little as the tour went on, but at the beginning it seemed like maybe they had an argument right before filming started. They both seemed upset and they could hardly look at each other. The first time Jeremy seemed animated was when he was showing off his coffee station. And of course he had to show off his books and his prized framed sermon by Charles Spurgeon.

Edited by livinginthelight
  • Upvote 6
  • Confused 1

That video came across as 2 flat mates giving a house tour. Have a few insider jokes/knowledge but I agree, I wouldn’t have guessed couple. 

• Upvote 7

Agree not the most scintillating pair, but I didn’t find them sad, just slightly awkward.  The most interesting moment for me was Jinger showing off the girls’ clothes closet with all their outfits displayed/hung up.  I felt like this might be a reaction to the messy communal kids’ clothes stored on racks in the laundry room of the big house she grew up in …

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 8/15/2022 at 8:42 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Rad. No, Jeremy is not rad unless they changed the definition lately.

Rad doesn't stand for "really awful dude"? Darn, I thought it did and thus was the perfect description of Jeremy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

I laughed out loud at Jeremy's desk... compared to the show-off monstrosity he had in Laredo. I don't know fundies and their heroes, whose portrait was hung/propped in Jeremy's office next to his own? And who hangs their own portrait in their own study? It's another thing that made me laugh.

As stilted as they are in the video I do prefer it to the typical fundie couple lap-sitting, kissing and touching.

Edited by Bobology
fixed a typo
  • Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic