IGNORED

Jinjer 58: Going for the DMIN

Coconut Flan

49 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Did they get a publishing deal? Or this thing self-published? They've been promoting it for months already.

Oh uggh, I guess it is a real publisher: https://www.worthykids.com/ 

It is owned by Hatchette, one of the "big 5" or "big 6" publishers, so yes, it is a real publisher. 

ETA: in the USA. 

Edited by FiveAcres
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, viii said:

I completely understand what you’re saying and I agree. They got a book deal simply because of who they are, not because of their writing talents and abilities. It’s like Meghan Mariel - her book is terrible but her title as Duchess of Sussex got her a book deal. 

you read my mind the duchess was also crossing my mind as I typed it. 

• Upvote 2

I completely typoed her name but you got what I meant. Whew. 

It’s super discouraging to actual writers. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I think they'll continue to get contracts so long as they have a big instagram following. Especially in the Christian market, that seems to be a big motivator for non-fiction deals. I include this kind of picture book under that, b/c it's not going to sell on concept but on their name. 

If their books flop, the deals will stop.

• Upvote 5

Honestly it’s okay. They may have gotten the book deal due to their name but their going to have to prove themselves just like everyone else 

• Upvote 2

Jinger is promoting the latest episode of her vlog- I haven’t watched the vlog itself, but it seems to be ‘Jinger tries to design a shirt’ or something. It reminds me of 19KAC- ‘Jinger flips a car’ and about as authentic.

Are they hoping a TV network will pick this up? Any show is going to want to see the kids and they don’t want that?
Or is this self indulgent twaddle just their way of avoiding real jobs for as long as possible?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Or is this self indulgent twaddle just their way of avoiding real jobs for as long as possible?

The Vuolos claimed in their deposition that they were making $100,000 to $200,000 per year doing this sort of crap. Not a bad gig if you can get it, but I don’t see it as much of a ministry or a respectable career.

• Upvote 9

14 hours ago, JDuggs said:

The Vuolos claimed in their deposition that they were making $100,000 to $200,000 per year doing this sort of crap. Not a bad gig if you can get it, but I don’t see it as much of a ministry or a respectable career.

I think that Hunger said her income was for the preceding year, not annually. That year, they were paid for their wretched book so their income was higher than usual. Pretty much any influencing gig they get is shut down.

• Upvote 4

On 8/6/2022 at 2:41 AM, Idlewild said:

Jinger is promoting the latest episode of her vlog- I haven’t watched the vlog itself, but it seems to be ‘Jinger tries to design a shirt’ or something. It reminds me of 19KAC- ‘Jinger flips a car’ and about as authentic.

Are they hoping a TV network will pick this up? Any show is going to want to see the kids and they don’t want that?

Your summaries remind me of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmitt- Kimmy Makes a Friend! Kimmy Goes on a Date! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

On 8/6/2022 at 10:51 PM, marmalade said:

I think that Hunger said her income was for the preceding year, not annually. That year, they were paid for their wretched book so their income was higher than usual. Pretty much any influencing gig they get is shut down.

I think that year also included money they received from Counting On. I highly doubt they are making anywhere near that now. Hunger’s influencing can’t be making to much anymore. She might, like a lot of instagrammers just be getting the product for free. Having hateful views won’t generate high paying enforcements. I think the time for Jinger to make big bucks on Instagram has long since passed. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

Jeremy and Jinger are boooorrrring. Granted the appeal of 99% of Instagram influences is lost on me. However, Jeremy doesn't have it in him to be a Sean McDowell (who has a significant You Tube presence) or Max Lucado. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Jeremy and Jinger are boooorrrring. Granted the appeal of 99% of Instagram influences is lost on me. However, Jeremy doesn't have it in him to be a Sean McDowell (who has a significant You Tube presence) or Max Lucado. 

What so you mean? He's a rad homie! 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

I think Jinger’s appeal is becoming limited (it is always about Jinger for the fans, nobody is that bothered about Jeremy, despite what he thinks of himself). 
Followers of the show thought she was quirky and independent- when she moved away from Arkansas and started wearing trousers they were all gasping what a transformation.

It turns out she was neither quirky nor independent- they were storylines created by the show. Her storylines are now created by Jeremy. She has never sought to broaden her mind or achieve anything beyond dressing nicely and expecting the cash to roll in.

The siblings who were the focus of CO have either dropped out of SM (Joe, JD, Joy, Josiah) or tried to create a brand. Jill is selling herself as the hippy rebel that sends her kids to school and stood up to JB - her life is of interest. Jessa is digging her heels in as quiverful influencer mom - she has attractive kids and a home renovation. Jinger lives in someone else’s house and refuses to show her kids- which is fine, but her die hard humpers were all about the babies- she hasn’t got anything that would attract new followers.

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 26
  • I Agree 4

Also, and by no means am I faulting the Vuolos for not exploiting their kids, I think the babies are a huge part of the fan appeal. Without the kids, they are simply less interesting.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Also, and by no means am I faulting the Vuolos for not exploiting their kids, I think the babies are a huge part of the fan appeal. Without the kids, they are simply less interesting.

I agree. And I would love to point this out to a bunch of family bloggers. They themselves aren’t interesting. Their kids are. If you got rid of the kids of the family bloggers on YouTube, almost no one would have any followers. That’s why I would love to point out to those folks, your kids are making you money and making you famous. You are using your kids. Plain and simple. Just like JB and Michelle. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, socalrules said:

I think that year also included money they received from Counting On. I highly doubt they are making anywhere near that now. Hunger’s influencing can’t be making to much anymore. She might, like a lot of instagrammers just be getting the product for free. Having hateful views won’t generate high paying enforcements. I think the time for Jinger to make big bucks on Instagram has long since passed. 

Plus they were never consistent in their efforts. I know she has been reported to have LT COVID, so that likely affected her efforts.

• Upvote 1

I remember that shortly after Jinger said she wanted to move to a big city she refused to try fencing because it was "too unique." If she thinks fencing is too unique she would be shocked at what she finds in a city. 

The Vuolo's idea that that they are so special and unique is all in their heads. They talk about how special they are but balk at anything that might actually make them so.

• Upvote 7

"Unique" is one of those words they overuse for a few key reasons: 1. They don't have a strong vocabulary and thus lack the resources to express their feelings clearly, and 2. They are strongly discouraged from conveying any negativity and so they use the blandest word possible to convey dislike/discomfort. (See also "different.") There's a lot of baggage behind Jinger's appearance and modes of expression, with Jeremy's influence not the least of it. Until she makes an effort to expand her horizons her communication will continue to reflect her shitty upbringing more than anything.

• Upvote 9

You'll notice in a lot of the early episodes the girls would refuse to do more masculine things under the guise of it being too "unique". They couldn't outright say "That's a boy thing!".

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, copyed said:

"Unique" is one of those words they overuse for a few key reasons:

Plus they don't understand the meaning of the word.  Unique means one of a kind.  It can't be quite unique, very unique, etc.  It either is unique or it isn't.  

• Upvote 16

I think one of the main problems Jinger will have long term as a social media personality is she just comes across soooo quiet and introverted.
Like someone you’d  see at the park with their kids, and you might exchange a couple of polite awkward pleasantries , but that’s it.  Jana seems the same, if you were both in the plant aisle at Home Depot, she might agree that the bean plants look wilty, maybe give you a good tip for that — but that’s where the conversation would end. Jessa and Jill both seem more like the types who you might have more of a chat about the kids or the plants and then move on to other topics and possibly end up getting coffee another time.  There’s nothing wrong with being either type of personality — but one is definitely better for making money on  social media. 

• Upvote 13

J and J did a house tour on YouTube. Pretty nice place. I can see why he wants to stay In school This house. They live in North Hollywood. For some reason I thought they lived North East (much farther East) of LA. Scammers and grifters and their lack of apparent shame (maybe not the right word) just intrigue me. What they really should do is devise a program and give seminars on how to secure very nice, cheap/next to free housing in a pricey locale and also live a very comfortable, family life without having any visible means of employment. Watching how these folks operate is like trying to figure out the reasoning of people who still support Trump’s antics.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic