IGNORED

Jinjer 58: Going for the DMIN

Coconut Flan

27 minutes ago, Bobology said:

I laughed out loud at Jeremy's desk... compared to the show-off monstrosity he had in Laredo. I don't other fundies and their heroes, whose portrait was hung/propped in Jeremy's office next to his own? And who hangs their own portrait in their own study? It's another thing that made me laugh.

As stilted as they are in the video I do prefer it to the typical fundie couple lap-sitting, kissing and touching.

His having things on the wall is in sharp contrast to Jinger’s lack of same. Except for that study, the house has a sterile feel to me. Maybe this explains her apparent lack of enthusiasm: people who enjoy interior decorating usually want to do something with the walls, and Jinger isn’t feeling it. There’s nothing wrong with that, but people who feel that way don’t usually offer a tour of their house. 

• Upvote 9

I think the lack of personal feel  also comes from the fact that they're living there free from a church if I remember correctly? Like they don't even pay rent? It would be pretty ballsy of them to personalize a house that they in no way own.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

The house belongs to a church member who allegedly was going to let them live there while they looked for a house  It was supposed to be about six months or so, but they're still there and appear to staying until Jeremy is done with seminary.  It's possible that they are now paying at least a minimal rent. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

His having things on the wall is in sharp contrast to Jinger’s lack of same. Except for that study, the house has a sterile feel to me. Maybe this explains her apparent lack of enthusiasm: people who enjoy interior decorating usually want to do something with the walls, and Jinger isn’t feeling it. There’s nothing wrong with that, but people who feel that way don’t usually offer a tour of their house. 

To the last statement…

I think they’re in a bit of a conundrum because their first several videos where of them “going on adventures” around LA which I’m guessing was interesting to them and things they wanted to do anyway. Their average number of views for most of those first videos seems to be about 30,000.

The house tour (which neither of them seemed to be feeling) got almost 3x as many views in one day as their other videos did over several weeks.

If the income for a video that gets 150k+ views is drastically different then a video with 30k, will they evaluate why their house tour got so many more views? What will they do about that?

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, displayname said:

I think the lack of personal feel  also comes from the fact that they're living there free from a church if I remember correctly? Like they don't even pay rent? It would be pretty ballsy of them to personalize a house that they in no way own.

Agree. I imagine the house also came with some furnishings so maybe it's not necessarily representative of their style either? 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, displayname said:

I have been both a renter and a landlord, and in my experience most people decorate the walls. They may do so more carefully than people who own their living space, but it’s pretty easy to have things on the walls without leaving so much as a nail hole. And Jeremy has things on the wall of his study.  As I said above, I think Jinger just isn’t interested in interior decorating. 
   On another topic: If this video got so many more views than their others, maybe they made this one because their followers requested it;  however, they couldn’t quite hide their lack of enthusiasm for the task. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Upvote 4

These two believed their own hype-  ‘breakout stars’. Jinger grew up earning her living (or rather JB & M’s living) by performing . Jeremy saw an opportunity- they were a very popular couple and he sensed they could monetise themselves.

However,  after the fallout, they had to try and build their own profile. They are just not that interesting- whatever else TLC did, they  created storylines gave directions and used clever editing. Neither of them have those skills.

They also want it on their terms - they’ll talk about faith and some aspects of their relationship but they don’t want to talk about the elephant in the room and they don’t want to publicise their children. They’ll get no criticism from me for either of those things, but they just don’t create enough interest to have the cash rolling in. In difficult times, them shopping and eating out without seeming to work will start ti grate. The humpers still say ‘he was a soccer star’ but we are talking about a bench warmer in the MLS for one season - not Lionel Messi.

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 8

On 8/17/2022 at 12:23 PM, fluffernutter said:

Did I see Rufus make an appearance in the girls' room? 🦌

I had totally missed that.  😆  See, Jinger DID do some decorating!  And I agree that the feel to me was that they were doing this because they felt that they had to do a house tour, since every other youtuber does one and Jessa among others they know recently did one on their own channel.  They just aren't particularly enthusiastic about their home, which is fine.  Either fake it or don't do one. 

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, JMO said:

I had totally missed that.  😆  See, Jinger DID do some decorating!  And I agree that the feel to me was that they were doing this because they felt that they had to do a house tour, since every other youtuber does one and Jessa among others they know recently did one on their own channel.  They just aren't particularly enthusiastic about their home, which is fine.  Either fake it or don't do one. 

Jesus, they should be head over heels excited for an affordable home (some say free) for going on what 4 years now? They want people to kow tow to them and admire them for what??? They want to be paid big bucks and showered with gifts for living their lives. What if they had to actually go to JOBS? 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

On 8/18/2022 at 12:22 PM, displayname said:

And maybe also because there's just nothing about Jinger to personalize. She comes off to me as basically having no interests. If she were actually interested in photography, wouldn't she have her photos all over the place (every photographer I know does.) A pile of fashion magazines?  A system that plays her beloved "all things classical" music? The only thing I could see her putting up is Hobby Lobby word art.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

Jeremy was more upbeat than Jinger, especially about his stuff, like the coffee bar and home gym. (They hadn’t heard of blackout curtains. Who hasn’t heard of blackout curtains?) She might be more animated when she’s with her kids. You really feel the children’s absence when you compare it to Jessa’s videos. Speaking of Jessa, I can’t believe that a 1900 square foot house with four kids would feel like a mansion, but congratulations on your contentment, Jess. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Jeremy was more upbeat than Jinger, especially about his stuff, like the coffee bar and home gym. (They hadn’t heard of blackout curtains. Who hasn’t heard of blackout curtains?) She might be more animated when she’s with her kids. You really feel the children’s absence when you compare it to Jessa’s videos. Speaking of Jessa, I can’t believe that a 1900 square foot house with four kids would feel like a mansion, but congratulations on your contentment, Jess. 

I think we,,or at least I, tend to forget that prior to moving into the TTH at the end of 2005, the Duggars lived in a 3 BR, 2 BA home with 17 people. Josh would have been approaching 18 and Jessa was 13. The only kids who have only lived in the TTH are the 4 youngest girls. All the older kids basically grew up with very little, including personal space. 1900 SF probably does seem huge for a family with only 4 little kids.

• Upvote 12

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think we,,or at least I, tend to forget that prior to moving into the TTH at the end of 2005, the Duggars lived in a 3 BR, 2 BA home with 17 people. Josh would have been approaching 18 and Jessa was 13. The only kids who have only lived in the TTH are the 4 youngest girls. All the older kids basically grew up with very little, including personal space. 1900 SF probably does seem huge for a family with only 4 little kids.

It truly is perspective! We moved to a massive bare section and into a camper for 6 months while we built our future guest house.(Last stage of pregnancy/early months with my 3rd) Then into 380sf for a year while we built our main house. Now we live in the main house of 1900sf and it is the biggest house I have ever lived in since I left home in my late teens. We regularly have visitors stay with us in the main house for 6 months at a time and even during covid lockdown it felt very big.

(on the downside, I STILL haven’t got a decent cleaning schedule)

Edited by Mrs Ms
  • Upvote 6

During lockdown, I really wanted a bigger house. If we were going to be stuck inside 24/7, I needed room. But now that they go to school, go to activities, and do all the other things outside, our house is just fine. If I could make it through months and months of lockdown in this house, we could probably live here forever. 

• Upvote 3

I had to work out what sq ft was in m² so that I could picture it. 1900sq ft is 176m², I would call that big! It is strange how perspective can change though. In Belgium I would have called that a smaller house. Here and in Ireland that's bigger than most new build four bedroom houses. For example if I put 175m² or bigger as a filter on a house search in Ireland (whole country), the numbers go down from 13000 to 2000 available places! But then it is not unusual for 2-3 bedroom houses to be 75m² (800sq ft) or even smaller.

I sometimes look at the little cottages in town and think people had 4 or more children in there with them and then wonder how that would work. I think it only really works if everyone is mostly outside: kids at school or playing out, adults at work most of the time and only really in to sleep and eat?

• Upvote 6

I guess my two bedroom apartment is 93m². You could fit four people in here, five if one was quite small. But even though I had a large family (in a larger space,) I have lived alone for awhile, and it's wild to me to remember that we did have just about this much space with the first four kids for awhile, though with three bedrooms. Little people don't take up much space, but they fill a room somehow. 

My second bedroom has my easel, sewing machine, more bookshelves, and a loveseat to sit on while looking at it all. And a huge closet that is my sort of seasonal storage room. 

• Upvote 3

On 8/22/2022 at 7:04 PM, patsymae said:

The only thing I could see her putting up is Hobby Lobby Word Art.™

There you go (bolding mine)

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, medimus said:

I had to work out what sq ft was in m² so that I could picture it. 1900sq ft is 176m², I would call that big! It is strange how perspective can change though. In Belgium I would have called that a smaller house. Here and in Ireland that's bigger than most new build four bedroom houses. For example if I put 175m² or bigger as a filter on a house search in Ireland (whole country), the numbers go down from 13000 to 2000 available places! But then it is not unusual for 2-3 bedroom houses to be 75m² (800sq ft) or even smaller.

I sometimes look at the little cottages in town and think people had 4 or more children in there with them and then wonder how that would work. I think it only really works if everyone is mostly outside: kids at school or playing out, adults at work most of the time and only really in to sleep and eat?

That's part of it, but it's also a different way of thinking about space. I grew up with a very large family in a very small house. We didn't have the same conception of space that people who live in roomy houses have. For one thing, everybody in the same space doesn't have to be engaging with each other. Two kids can be playing a board game on the floor, and another building a Lego house, and two people watching a ball game on TV, and somebody on the couch reading in a very small living room didn't feel crowded because we didn't have to be involved with what the other people were doing. I would bring out my sewing machine to the dining room table after the little kids were done with their homework. Same with whatever someone else was doing. I guess if somebody needed a grand piano or something, though, that would have been an issue. We had one bathroom that had a shower and you just had to take your turn, but everybody was clean every day. 

• Upvote 13

6 hours ago, patsymae said:

That's part of it, but it's also a different way of thinking about space. I grew up with a very large family in a very small house. We didn't have the same conception of space that people who live in roomy houses have. For one thing, everybody in the same space doesn't have to be engaging with each other. Two kids can be playing a board game on the floor, and another building a Lego house, and two people watching a ball game on TV, and somebody on the couch reading in a very small living room didn't feel crowded because we didn't have to be involved with what the other people were doing. I would bring out my sewing machine to the dining room table after the little kids were done with their homework. Same with whatever someone else was doing. I guess if somebody needed a grand piano or something, though, that would have been an issue. We had one bathroom that had a shower and you just had to take your turn, but everybody was clean every day. 

That makes a lot of sense and is actually quite cosy, though I imagine can be a bit loud, though I suppose that depends on the people. I wonder, you know the layouts ikea does where they set up a room or appartment so you can see how their things will work. They always say how many m² they are, are they different sizes in different countries? Do they do smaller layouts in places with smaller flats and house sizes and bigger ones in places with bigger ones?

That's got me thinking now. I do love their clever organising. I've been thinking about clever storage a lot recently as our flat has absolutely none.

So what is all this ruckus about racial missteps in Jinger and Jeremy's new kids book? I'm seeing comments on both their Instafeeds.

47 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

So what is all this ruckus about racial missteps in Jinger and Jeremy's new kids book? I'm seeing comments on both their Instafeeds.

I found this, https://tvshowsace.com/2022/08/24/jinger-jeremy-vuolo-blatantly-promote-harmful-stereotypes/, but their source is... not exactly reliable.

Though some fans are very excited to read this picture book from Jinger and Jeremy Vuolo, others have discovered a few issues with the story and its illustrations.

Jinger & Jeremy Vuolo Blatantly Promote Harmful Stereotypes

Katie Joy of Without a Crystal Ball picked up a copy of Jinger and Jeremy’s new book. After reading You Can Shine So Bright, she pointed out many of the book’s flaws. In an Instagram post, Katie noted:

“A lesson on Self Control also feels less inclusive. A Black girl wanting to steal a balloon and disobey the rules. Given the socio-political environment for BIPOC this lesson felt tone-deaf.”

Then, she added, “White children are used to exemplify positive traits goodness & faithfulness. Additionally, white children are also the ones to be kind, play or share with a Black girl, an Asian boy, and a boy with a disability.”

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

I’ll I know is the Vuolos must be really hungry and thirsty because the only thing Jinger has posted of recent is a plug for that book (like every day or 2 on IG), which I admittedly no nada about.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

You live in LA ma’am. 

8430FA2A-22E3-4580-9725-8D9EB948EB99.png

Yep. Where I live has is like 3.29? I remember when my husband floated the idea of Southern California a long time ago when we were dating. I was like, nope! It’s so expensive that we would not be able to afford anything and we would live like we were actually poorer than we were. I’m sure it’s beautiful there. But I would rather just visit, not live there.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

The sign shows a different price for cash and credit. Does that credit card or on credit? and why have 2 prices? When I fill up I pay the same price whether I pay cash or card

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic