IGNORED

Supreme Court Justices

Cartmann99

Clarence Thomas won't be teaching at GWU any more

Associate Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas will not be teaching at George Washington University Law School this fall, the school's student newspaper reported Wednesday. 

The news, which comes weeks after circulation of a student-led petition to fire Thomas as a lecturer over his June 24 vote to overturn Roe v. Wade, was announced in an email from Gregory Maggs, a judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, who has been co-teaching a constitutional law seminar with Thomas since 2011. 

"Unfortunately, I am writing with some sad news: Justice Thomas has informed me that he is unavailable to co-teach the seminar this fall. I know that this is disappointing. I am very sorry," Maggs wrote in an email to the class obtained by The GW Hatchet."

"Justice Thomas informed GW Law that he is unavailable to co-teach a Constitutional Law Seminar this fall. The students were promptly informed of Justice Thomas' decision by his co-instructor who will continue to offer the seminar this fall," the spokesperson said.

Good.  Of course the school was all full of their "robust exchange of ideas" bullshit about not removing him when called to by students and others.  Maybe it's because he'll be too busy testifying in front of Congress this fall.

• Upvote 7

16 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Clarence Thomas won't be teaching at GWU any more

Good.  Of course the school was all full of their "robust exchange of ideas" bullshit about not removing him when called to by students and others.  Maybe it's because he'll be too busy testifying in front of Congress this fall.

We hope. 

• Upvote 3

Alito said the decline of faith in the Western world had left believers vulnerable to discrimination.

“The problem that looms is not just indifference to religion, it’s not just ignorance about religion,” he said. “There’s also growing hostility to religion, or at least the traditional religious beliefs that are contrary to the new moral code that is ascendant in some sectors.”

Wanted to highlight that he actually said this. 🤡

• Upvote 6
  • Move Along 1
  • WTF 1

I've reiterated my message to the Archdiocese of Dubuque that I'd rather have my ashes dumped in a fucking sewer than buried in any Catholic cemetery.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I've reiterated my message to the Archdiocese of Dubuque that I'd rather have my ashes dumped in a fucking sewer than buried in any Catholic cemetery.

Has he responded to you with love?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Nail. Head.

Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito is not a kind person. If anything, it is clear that he is quite mean. I say this without having met him but in response to what seems obvious: Since writing the majority opinion in the decision that struck down a woman’s constitutional right to abortion, the 72-year-old justice doesn’t seem to have spent any time fretting over the weight of his action.

Instead, he was in Rome last week, speaking at a conference on religious freedom hosted by Notre Dame Law School. Rather than acknowledge the suffering and confusion he has thrust upon the country, the women unable to obtain medication and practitioners fretting about lawsuits when they should focusing on saving lives, he used the global outrage his writing has spawned as a punch line.

Alito’s actual lamentations were saved for the decline in religiosity in the United States and Europe. “This has a very important impact on religious liberty because it’s very hard to convince people that religious liberty is worth defending if they don’t think religion is a good thing that deserves protection,” he said.

But Salon’s Amanda Marcotte notes correctly that “if Republicans want to know who is to blame for young people abandoning the church in droves, they should look in the mirror.” The cultural clashes that Alito referees as a Supreme Court justice have often pitted conservative Christians, particularly evangelicals, against those in favor of expanded rights for everyone regardless of sex, sexuality, gender and race.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

All I hear is religious liberty or freedom..... I don't think so. And him cracking jokes about Harry and Meghan, really? What is he going to play the local comedy club next?

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Instead, he was in Rome last week, speaking at a conference on religious freedom hosted by Notre Dame Law School.

The irony is cutting. He's going to be so surprised when the theocracy he is helping install starts taking down statues of the Virgin Mary and persecuting Catholics for being the wrong sort of Christian...

• Upvote 11

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Yes they should be.

I wish it would happen but I don’t think it will. But I don’t understand why they haven’t been brought back in front of Congress to explain their perjury and as we now know Wray stopped the proper background investigation of Beer Me Brett due to WH interference he should be sidelined until that full investigation happens and then his hearings to be seated start all over again. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

At the very least articles of impeachment should be drawn up for Kavanaugh (who paid off his considerable debts?) and Thomas (what exactly was his connection to the insurrection his wife helped to foment?)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

• 5 weeks later...

After Alito's most recent meltdown I saw where someone called him Ayatollah Alito on Twitter. 

I checked Google and that's not a new description of that.  HuffPost called him that back in 2014.

Ayotallah Ali Hosseini Khamenei, say hello to your new comrade, Ayotallah Samuel Alito. Supreme Leader meet Supreme Court Justice.

And, no, regrettably, this is not hyperbole.

With his pronouncement in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby, Supreme Court Justice Alito signaled to the world that America has joined the world's theocracies.

This extraordinary nation, borne of the Enlightenment 238 years ago to the day, will now cloak power, policy and even what qualifies as facts in the vestments of religious belief.

Yeah, he pretty much is a Roman church version of an Iranian ayatollah dressed up in Supreme Court robes.

• Upvote 5

• 1 month later...

They’re so proud of themselves. They love hurting people. 

• Thank You 6

• 4 weeks later...

Alito again.  

Ex-Conservative Reverend Testifies That Samuel Alito Leaked Outcome Of 2014 Decision

Rev. Rob Schenck repeated under oath his allegation that Justice Alito leaked the outcome of his 2014 Hobby Lobby decision to a “stealth missionary.”

Schenck was quickly attacked on Twitter by Gym Jordan. 

Scalia was just as bad in some regards. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

• 4 months later...

Now we know why Roberts refuses even basic ethics rules for SCOTUS.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 6

I feel like we're at a "sack him, investigate all of them and sack the rest who have unethical dealings asap" point. Also apply to Congress and Senate.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

10 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Now we know why Roberts refuses even basic ethics rules for SCOTUS.

$10 million, JFC.  Our entire system of government, all branches, is for sale to anyone willing to throw enough money their way.  Disgusting.  

• Upvote 8

Kavanaugh lied under oath during confirmation.  Coney Barrett lied about believing in the validity of Roe.  Roberts' wife is getting money from people who are presenting cases in front of her husband.  Gorsuch didn't disclose property sales before confirmation.  Alito leaked the opinion overturning Roe and is now trying to blame the liberals and also has leaked opinions to conservative donors.  And Thomas and his wife are so corrupt that it beggars description.  

None of them want any investigations because they honestly think they're above the law.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

On the flip side of Clarence the shady:

image.thumb.png.292464afa0c2cea45780309401cd2f71.png

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

I can't stand Gorsuch:

• Upvote 9