IGNORED

Please free Joseph!

homeschoolmomma1

His birthday was LAME! Drop the clothes pin in the jar! Really!?! I am sorry you are sweet 16 and never been kissed and your parents had to announce it to your 40+ guests and about a million viewers

I know that the are pure or whatever but the poor kids is 16 and stuck at home and not able to go to a high school :(

I am sorry you are sweet 16 and never been kissed and your parents had to announce it to your 40+ guests and about a million viewers

are you serious? I missed it. That is just ridiculous. What kind of parent talks that way. It's like they've got friggin bragging rights or something. :roll:

Like he's the only 16-year-old to never kiss anyone. :-P

That is not the point- It is that his religion limits him in this way. His birthday was for a 5 year old!

The clothespin game would've been great... for an elementary-school kid. (Though there was at least one older teenage girl on Joseph's team that looked REALLY excited to be playing the game--or to be on camera, I wasn't sure which.) I mean, surely they could've come up with a party game that at least nodded to Joseph's age--maybe something about cars, since he's looking forward to driving on his own?

But it looks like someone shelled out for a fancier, professionally-designed cake (as opposed to the 1st birthday Noah's Ark disaster cake, or even just a decorated sheet cake from a bakery), at least.

But he is the only 16-year-old to have never kissed anyone. He's extremely special. If he had gone to public school, he would have gotten a girl pregnant by now. If his parents had given him any more freedom, his life. Would have been. Ruined.

But he is the only 16-year-old to have never kissed anyone. He's extremely special. If he had gone to public school, he would have gotten a girl pregnant by now. If his parents had given him any more freedom, his life. Would have been. Ruined.

Trufax. He probably would also be in jail, voting democrat, rejecting Christ, and knowing the true meaning of perpendicular. Satan would have gotten him.

Trufax. He probably would also be in jail, voting democrat, rejecting Christ, and knowing the true meaning of perpendicular. Satan would have gotten him.

Geometry is of the devil. :twisted:

*dies*

Don't forget to add smoking, chewing tobacco (also on the girls' "no-no" list...that's gonna be a toughie in the South), booze, drugs and raves to the list of what he'd be doing now as a 16 year old in a "regular family." Sorry man, Josiah will NEVER live that one down.

*dies*

Don't forget to add smoking, chewing tobacco (also on the girls' "no-no" list...that's gonna be a toughie in the South), booze, drugs and raves to the list of what he'd be doing now as a 16 year old in a "regular family." Sorry man, Josiah will NEVER live that one down.

Man, based on this I wish I had gone to school! 8-)

I loved the talking head of Michelle "we played this game my mother taught me. It's called DROP THE CLOTHES PIN INTO THE JAR". What a wonderful name for the game. Did she think of this clever name all by herself or did she pray for it to come to her in a dream.

If I had had to do that on my 16th I would pray for a tornado.

First, many 16 year-olds haven't kissed yet. You don't have to announce it and make a big deal of it, because generally people just assume. Now, if he were 26 you might have to make a point of it, but for a high-school age kid, exactly no one is surprised by this.

Second, why such a boring party? They've gone bowling and skydiving, and this kid gets a crappy picnic game made for little kids? They're filthy stinking rich, and they've done all kinds of adventurous things. Did they just run out of ideas? Also, Michelle is SO ARROGANT if she thinks this is some special secret game that her own mom invented and only she knows about. They really do think they're all a bunch of super speshul snowflakes, don't they?

wow. I havent seen the episode but this party sounds like one my 5 year old would have with her friends, and they would quickly get bored with it. Sorry but my kid and her friends are the kind to go out and play a game of soccer or beat around a pinata to pieces. My daughter already has been defrauded, she got her first kiss at age 2 from her best friend who happened to be a boy, and a kiss from her best girl friend at 4 (hey, we don't care as long as she's happy, and at that age, I doubt kids really care about that yet...haha). I doubt that really counts as a "real" kiss but, still. I doubt anyone has literally *never* been kissed by 16 (unless you count a "real" romantic kiss, lol then yeah, it's possible. I'm just playing around with OfJimBob).

Still. At 16 he seems to be either: A. pretty sheltered and his party experiences fairly limited, so I can see him going that route out of sheer obliviousness, or B: under an obligation to do the party that way- think about it, do you really think he can say "no way in hell am I doing this, I want it THIS way"?? I haven't really seen any of the Duggar kids 'stand up' to their parents in any way yet beyond the usual little-kid stuff.

So I kinda feel for the boy, but at the same time, no. (shrugs)

I, too, was a sweet-sixteen-and-never-been kissed kid. Even though I went to the EBIL PUBLIC SCHOOL! :twisted:

ETA: Oh cool, I'm now a tater tot!

He probably would also be in jail, voting democrat, rejecting Christ, and knowing the true meaning of perpendicular. Satan would have gotten him.

Wow! I didn't know anyone knew my son and his friends!!! lol.....Poor Joseph. He seems nice--marry young Joe so you can "sorta" escape!! Then be the brains of the family and decide to have two kids only and to heck with Daddy and Uncle Bill [Gothard]. The clothes pin thing would be funny with DRUNK 16 year olds!

Just from all of your descriptions of the episode, they are getting more and more pathetic and sad all the time. My eight year old nephew would be appalled at a game where you put clothespins in a jar for his birthday, I can't imagine a 16 year old.

And, the announcement that he's 16 and never been kissed? Who cares? There are many 16 year olds who have never been kissed. It's also common knowledge where that family stands on dating and interaction with others, do they need to keep beating a dead horse and putting it front and center? At your average 16th birthday party, the parents don't announce that their kid has been kissed and isn't that awesome, y'all and aren't we so very special because our 16 year old has made out with his/her boyfriend!

It all compounds the complete ick factor I get from these people.

Why does Joseph get a lame-assed toddler's party while the other kids got to go out to dinner or go somewhere fun? I know that he's only 16 and can't go skydiving, but there had to be something more fun than "drop the clothespin in the jar". I felt embarrassed for him.

Since most of my birtthdays were family only (I was born close to Christmas, so I didn't matter) it seemed like normal to me. We usually only had 20-25 people though.

When I turned 16, I'd never been:

--kissed

--drunk

--on a date (I did go on my first date a few days after my 16th birthday).

I'd also never smoked a cigarette or tried drugs. Thank God my fundie parents protected me by homeschooling me!

Oh, wait. I went to eeevil public school, and my parents aren't Christian, let alone fundie.

Since most of my birtthdays were family only (I was born close to Christmas, so I didn't matter) it seemed like normal to me. We usually only had 20-25 people though.

Joseph's birthday wasn't even the most pathetic one they've shown. Remember when one of the little boys got to pick out a toy from the hospital gift shop?

True dat. At least the howlers got pizza. I don't think there was any left for Joseph because his team lost the clothespin game and got the dregs of pizza and cake.

I was 16 in the early 80's. I was lucky to still be a virgin (many had tried, a couple of those dates with my parents' blessing).By 16, I'd been kissed (obviously), felt up, the slut at a Christian summer camp (sneaking off to make out in the woods or on a paddle boat during "free time"), and tried alcohol and pot. However, I had the grades and extra-curriculars so no one complained.

By comparison, one friend was sleeping with a married man and my best friend got wheeled out on an ambulance due to freaking out on PCP during class. The entire school saw it because there was a fire drill. Both straight A students; one is a professor.

Gotta love the early 80's. :mrgreen:

I'm 20 and I still haven't been kissed. Not even college seems able to rescue me from spinsterhood. :confusion-waiting:

However, I would kill my parents if they got up and announced it in public.

HA! I turned 16 2 weeks before the start of '98. Meaning my b-day is a week before the dreaded x-mas (my least favorite holiday). I had birthday party's early but in college and since everyone's usually retreated to their hometowns by the time i get around to it.

I was 16 in the early 80's. I was lucky to still be a virgin (many had tried, a couple of those dates with my parents' blessing).By 16, I'd been kissed (obviously), felt up, the slut at a Christian summer camp (sneaking off to make out in the woods or on a paddle boat during "free time"), and tried alcohol and pot. However, I had the grades and extra-curriculars so no one complained.

By comparison, one friend was sleeping with a married man and my best friend got wheeled out on an ambulance due to freaking out on PCP during class. The entire school saw it because there was a fire drill. Both straight A students; one is a professor.

Gotta love the early 80's.

I had been to 2nd base, got to everything but the actual S-E-X not long after. Went to the EBIL public school (thank the god I don't truly believe in, I would have slit my wrists if I had to be w/ mi madre and her insanity ALL day.) Drank a little when I was young, but that EBIL BF of mine that I rounded past 3rd with was the one that keep my big V in tack til I pretty much forced him into it at 18, even though he wanted to wait til marriage (I'm such a jezebel! yay!!) and pretty muched forced me not to drink or smoke pot. Then we got married and he found himself a girlfriend. Guess I wasn't submissive enough, especially since I wouldn't live with him so that I didn't have to change colleges. :D

Archived