IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 9: Pretending to Be Relevant

Coconut Flan

She definitely gets all her looks from the Windsor side! It will be interesting to see how she changes as she grows up. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

On 6/2/2022 at 8:05 PM, viii said:

I hate it. I’m an Educational Administrative Assistant. I think the term secretary is so antique. I also don’t care for the way @Jackie3 insinuated that AA’s aren’t intimidating and somebody would just walk all over them. We’re trained to be the front lines in a school. 

The school secretaries I knew were 50ish and groaned when they got up from their chairs. No way could they have physically stopped a man with a machine gun. II know that doesn't go along with your narrative, though. I'm glad you are able to stop gunmen, however.

"Trained to be the front lines in a school?" You mean, trained to push a button, make an announcement, call the police? That doesn't usually stop gunmen.

My aunt took out loans and wen to school to be a secretary. She was proud of the title, she worked her way out of poverty. I think she'd be pretty surprised that you've decided her title is "antiquated" and have decided to change it for her.

If "secretary" sounds too subservient and submissive to you, how about working to change the way secretaries are treated? Changing the title does nothing, when the tasks and the pay remains the same.

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 3
  • Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2

We really only have seen baby photos of Megan, not of her family members. I’ve read that there are red heads in the Markle line. Sometimes I wonder if both kids are actually much more like Meghan’s side than we know, but we have so little to compare them to.

On the other hand, genetics are funny. People think my kids look like me, and I’m not their bio mom.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, viii said:

She definitely gets all her looks from the Windsor side! It will be interesting to see how she changes as she grows up. 

There was a tweet I can't find now where someone put her between her parents' baby photos. She's a combination. Hair and eyes from dad, mom's (original) nose and mouth. Cute baby. 

Where's her brother? Was he not at the party? 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 2

The red hair genes are strong in the royal babies born last year! Little August Brooksbank was photo'd at an event with his parents, and he's got redhair, too. I wonder if Sienna Mapelli is a redhead, too. 

• Upvote 5

I think August and Lilibet look pretty similar. It would be interesting to see Sienna with them. 

• Upvote 6

On 6/5/2022 at 3:19 AM, just_ordinary said:

when you create such a black and white narrative. 

This times 100. This really bothers me about them. That they are "right" and everyone else is not. The overeagerness to paint themselves as the best/good/whatever they are in their minds leaves out any chance of grey and most people understand the nothing is as clear cut as black/white.

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

She looks darling!

I’m guessing Harry must be staying in touch with friends since they had a whole party.

I mean, they say there was a party but the only confirmed attendance as of now are Misan Harriman and his wife and two daughters (he is a professional photographer). 
I don’t think it’s strange that W&K and PC weren’t there. Everyone knew well in advance that they would be working on this weekend this year. They might have not been invited or declined, who knows. But it’s also not as if the RF is known for spending birthdays together (apart for HMTQ). I am pretty sure there wasn’t a private royal gathering for the Cambridglings. At least one we know of. But then, we know very little about their real inner workings because they make sure to keep it private. 
My guess is, they were lucky HMTQ hadn’t see Lili before and was unable to go to all the planned engagements. Otherwise she probably wouldn’t have made time for Lili’s birthday either.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 1

I need to stop reading FJ before I go to bed. I visited this section and the social media one before I went to sleep and had a dream that Harry and Meghan were in a throuple with Elon Musk. 🤣

• Haha 12

I thought Lili looked a lot like Charlotte.. and in that way, HMTQ

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

I thought Lili looked a lot like Charlotte.. and in that way, HMTQ

I immediately thought the same thing.

12 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I mean, they say there was a party but the only confirmed attendance as of now are Misan Harriman and his wife and two daughters (he is a professional photographer). 
I don’t think it’s strange that W&K and PC weren’t there. Everyone knew well in advance that they would be working on this weekend this year. They might have not been invited or declined, who knows. 

I don’t get the fuss over Charles and the Cambridges not being there either. The Jubilee weekend was jam packed with events they needed to attend as part of their job. This was a “once in 70s years” event. Granted, I don’t know that anyone is actually surprised they didn’t attend and it’s just headlines trying to make a story when there isn’t one. If Harry wanted them to attend a 1 year-old’s birthday party he wouldn’t have scheduled it for the same weekend as a National celebration in honor of his grandmother.

Maybe it wasn’t a “real” party and just a small thing with a photographer so they could commemorate Lilibet’s first birthday on the actual day and she’ll have another party with her little playmates once they’re back in California.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

The Cambridges did have jubilee commitments that were planned way in advance AND that was very convenient for both sides. Things are obviously still northpole frosty between the brothers and noone is even trying to hide it very well. I think Harry and Meghan weren‘t too sad about knowing the Cambridges wouldn’t be able to attend Lili‘s party and William & Kate weren‘t too sad they didn‘t even have to come up with an excuse to skip the party. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

I fon’t get the fuss over Charles and the Cambridges not being there either... it’s just headlines trying to make a story when there isn’t one. If Harry wanted them to attend a 1 year-old’s birthday party he wouldn’t have scheduled it ....

To me it just shows that Harry has a nonexistent relationship with his father and brother at this point in time. The story is there is no relationship and he clearly didn't want them there given when he scheduled the "intimate" party. But that's just my take away.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

The Jubilee weekend was jam packed with events they needed to attend as part of their job. This was a “once in 70s years” event.

Even rarer than that.  Wikipedia only lists five monarchs in recorded history who have made it to a diamond jubilee, and no more than one in any monarchy.  There's a good chance the UK may never see another platinum jubilee.  It's a once in a country's existence kind of event.  

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

Of course the royals couldn't stay merely in London for the festivities. Somebody had to go out into the other areas of GB.. so Harry and Meghan weren't included in the planning, because they don't want to be working royals. I can see them wanting to see his grandmother on her big day, but I'm surprised they didn't just have a private audience with her..

I'm sorry they don't get along with Charles and William any more, but really. What did they expect? They've talked down about the whole RF. They're not going to be welcomed with open arms, nor given any more info to use as tabloid fodder.

And Meghan? You were never going to rank equally with Kate. Was never going to happen. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

The Cambridges aside I am surprised Eugenie did not bring August at the very least. 

This surprised me as well, although perhaps they did and we're just not hearing about it. Apparently the Tindall and Phillips girls were there but that's just rumors with zero evidence. 

• Upvote 1

If The Sussex’s had stayed on I just don’t see Queen consort Camilla having the energy and time  to force Meghan( What Meghan want Meghan gets) Duchess of Sussex  to abide by the fact she would always be second place to Kate and the things they do are for a certain reason. An exhausting cycle of the former being jealous, always be trying to change, skirt and rebel against precedents rules, dress code rules and all the other minutia involved  then acting the oppressed victim when denied and then Harry getting involved  with everyone from the staff to the dogs unsettled would ensue.  Because H&M don’t seem to learn or try to accommodate anyone else even when it’s in their best interest.

And Honestly I can even see Meghan trying to upstage Camilla as Queen consort  if she ever got half a chance. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

And Honestly I can even see Meghan trying to upstage Camilla as Queen consort  if she ever got half a chance. 

LOL, if she wanted to upstage anyone I doubt she would have moved away. Moving away is exactly the opposite of what you'd do if you wanted to upstage a member of the BRF.

As for "What Meghan wants she gets" -- good for her! I am all about female empowerment. That's far better than putting up and shutting up, like fundie women. Sort of surprised anyone would consider that a bad thing. I thought the stereotype of the pushy, ambitious woman had disappeared by now.

• Downvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha 1

So Eugenie and Jack are moving to Portugal, but will stay at Frogmore Cottage when they’re in the UK, just like the Sussexes. What is it about this house that sends people fleeing from the country?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

Oh Bull shit. It’s not female empowering doing it Markle style and all Meghan Markle cares  about empowering is Meghan  Markle . 

Female empowering would have been using the myriad resources available as a working senior Royal to champion Woman's causes and needs in the commonwealth. 

15 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

LOL, if she wanted to upstage anyone I doubt she would have moved away. Moving away is exactly the opposite of what you'd do if you wanted to upstage a member of the BRF.

As for "What Meghan wants she gets" -- good for her! I am all about female empowerment. That's far better than putting up and shutting up, like fundie women. Sort of surprised anyone would consider that a bad thing. I thought the stereotype of the pushy, ambitious woman had disappeared by now.

• Upvote 1

Female empowering would have been using the myriad resources available as a working senior Royal to champion Woman's causes and needs in the commonwealth. 

So many people buy into the narrative that the royals "work." Really, is it work? They get in a limo and travel to a hospital or school. They are greeted with great fanfare and adoration by the directors. They cut a ribbon or make a speech. They talk to a small child or patient. They are served amazing food and drink. They get back in their limo and return to their castle.  Their servants take care of every aspect of their personal lives. For this "work," they are receive millions of dollars, castles, land and jewlery.

They've never had to apply for this "job" and have done nothing to merit it.

Is that really work? Personally, I'd love to do "work" like this--but I'd call it privilege and incredible luck.

It’s not female empowering doing it Markle style and all Meghan Markle cares  about empowering is Meghan  Markle . 

Exactly, that's what I was saying. She wants to empower herself. Why is this bad?  Did you want her disempowered, for some reason?

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic