IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 9: Pretending to Be Relevant

Coconut Flan

Not to mention, they arrived June 1 and I don’t blame them for not dragging their kids around June 2. They’re likely jet lagged and tired. Plus, they’re clearly serious about wanting to give them private lives. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, LilaMae said:

I don't think their kids have ever been seen at a public event, so that's not surprising. I don't criticise them for that, either, I think a lot of celebrities keep a much tighter wrap on their children's privacy now. 

However, it wouldn't surprise me if their relationship with Charles/William was still very frosty. They were placed pretty much as far from them as possible (without causing a scandal) during the cathedral event yesterday.

At least we’re admitting that they consider themselves celebrities not royals. 

• Upvote 3

It’s Lili’s first birthday today. I’d be surprised if they didn’t bring the kids for that reason alone. Plus it’s a chance for her to meet her great-grandmother. I don’t think they’d pass that up. 
There’s some speculation in the press that they are going to baptise Lili at Windsor this weekend but I can’t see any reports that have actual information behind them.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Topaz said:

It’s Lili’s first birthday today. I’d be surprised if they didn’t bring the kids for that reason alone. Plus it’s a chance for her to meet her great-grandmother. I don’t think they’d pass that up. 
There’s some speculation in the press that they are going to baptise Lili at Windsor this weekend but I can’t see any reports that have actual information behind them.

They were swanning around for cameras at polo without Archie on his birthday. Not sure the kids’ birthdays are a priority for them. 

• Thank You 3

7 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

They were swanning around for cameras at polo without Archie on his birthday. Not sure the kids’ birthdays are a priority for them. 

Wow - they step away from their kid for a couple of hours and suddenly they don’t care about their kids birthdays? I know you hate Harry and Meghan but let’s not shit over parents who dare to have hobbies outside of their children.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, viii said:

Wow - they step away from their kid for a couple of hours and suddenly they don’t care about their kids birthdays? I know you hate Harry and Meghan but let’s not shit over parents who dare to have hobbies outside of their children.  

Some people are just looking for any excuse to hate on them. It's not like the baby knows it's her birthday. Parents need to have a life outside their children.

21 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

And once again, she wore an off-the-shoulder dress to Trooping the Colors.

I think women should wear what they want to wear, without being shamed by others. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

I couldn't care less what she or anybody else wears, but it's a well-known fact that Her Majesty disapproves of bared shoulders.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

I couldn't care less what she or anybody else wears, but it's a well-known fact that Her Majesty disapproves of bared shoulders.

Again, I don't think women should shame other women about their clothes. The fact she's a queen doesn't make it OK to do so.

I can't imagine being a grown woman and choosing my clothes based on what another woman thinks. Meghan and Kate are grown women and can wear what they want to wear.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 2

2 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

That’s puzzled me since the wedding.  Meg & Liz seemed to have a nice relationship building, and I can see HRM giving a pass to a woman’s bridal gown choices, but then the bare shoulders appeared at least one more time. 
(This is my biggest confusion today. I am having a good day!) :D 

• Upvote 1

On 5/29/2022 at 10:51 AM, SoSoNosy said:

Somebody had a camera there and knew who she was, because I saw a very professional picture of her laying the roses down.

I saw that picture. It didn't look professional to me. In any event, I'm sure there are tons of reporters down in Uvalde. Most of them would grab the chance to take a  picture of Meghan if they have the opportunity.

8 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

That’s puzzled me since the wedding.  Meg & Liz seemed to have a nice relationship building, and I can see HRM giving a pass to a woman’s bridal gown choices, but then the bare shoulders appeared at least one more time. 
(This is my biggest confusion today. I am having a good day!) :D 

Maybe the Queen realizes that Meghan is a grown woman who can make her own clothing choices.

On 6/2/2022 at 11:44 AM, Coconut Flan said:

It's also to keep the children inside as if you have to have security to access the facility, it does make one more conscious of securely closing the door or gate so a child can't escape.  

A school that has locked doors so that children can't "escape"? Sounds like a fire hazard. Would that even be allowed--locking children in a building?

• Upvote 3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Trolls need to troll.  

trolls to the right of us.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

The Queen doesn’t issue dress codes. It’s always baffled me that people think she has time for that. And she wore plenty of bare shouldered gowns as a younger woman in the 50s and 60s. 

I think the objections to M’s bare shoulders at her first Trooping was more because it’s not the type of event where skin shows. That’s more a cultural/traditional thing than anything. As for this week’s bared shoulders: totally irrelevant. Had she not positioned herself with other people’s children for a photo opp, no one would have seen her. 

• Upvote 11

It always makes me laugh when people go “it’s a well known fact” and it has zero basis in reality. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

If the Lord Mayer‘s office didn’t invite H&M for the luncheon, they weren’t snubbed by the RF but by the office. 

And I think they probably had a bit of a private celebration for their daughter’s 1st birthday. Obviously, the child won’t realise and it doesn’t make sense to make a whole day about her at that point (though it’s a great opportunity to teach Archie about celebrating others) but I am sure they wanted to spend some hours with her awake. 

They had less than nice things to say about the RF, the institution, the staff and how they system restricted them. It would be hypocritical to complain about not being involved in all of it. If they would have turned up for everything, people would wonder why they are so eager. Their own statements are really backfiring because if you take it for 100% you start wondering about some things they do. That’s the backside when you create such a black and white narrative. 
They attended two events, that’s actually one more than I thought they would. 
I am sure HMTQ is very happy to see them. Charles as well. But I think if H won’t be able to patch things up with his brother he might be in for a rude awakening when Wiliam becomes king. 

• Upvote 6

I like Meghan’s clothes much more than Kate’s. Just a matter of personal preference, but I find the latter less stylish and a little boring in regards to her clothes. 

ETA: I’m only talking about the clothing choices, not the two women. Everyone, including all women, are worthy of respect and one shouldn’t judge people depending on how they dress. I hope that goes without saying and I don’t want to be misunderstood. But the clothes and jewelry is the only thing I really look at and notice when it comes to the BRF so that’s what I comment on. And I happen to like Meghan’s clothes and accessories more than Kate’s. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 6

33 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

I like Meghan’s clothes much more than Kate’s. Just a matter of personal preference, but I find the latter less stylish and a little boring in regards to her clothes. 

ETA: I’m only talking about the clothing choices, not the two women. Everyone, including all women, are worthy of respect and one shouldn’t judge people depending on how they dress. I hope that goes without saying and I don’t want to be misunderstood. But the clothes and jewelry is the only thing I really look at and notice when it comes to the BRF so that’s what I comment on. And I happen to like Meghan’s clothes and accessories more than Kate’s. 

I don't mind Meghan's clothes most of the time,  but I have noticed that quite a lot of her clothes don't fit her very well.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I’m more surprised that the designers working with her don’t insist on more/higher quality fittings. I kind of assume she’s getting the clothes for a steep discount, so the design houses are intending to use her photos as publicity. The red Carolina Herrara gown last year was so poorly fitted that it completely ruined the look to me.

I did think her greige Dior coat and hat at St Paul’s was very appropriate for the event. I get that it was a coat, and not a coat dress, but if it was made for her personally, why not tailor it exactly?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MomJeans said:

I’m more surprised that the designers working with her don’t insist on more/higher quality fittings. I kind of assume she’s getting the clothes for a steep discount, so the design houses are intending to use her photos as publicity. The red Carolina Herrara gown last year was so poorly fitted that it completely ruined the look to me.

I did think her greige Dior coat and hat at St Paul’s was very appropriate for the event. I get that it was a coat, and not a coat dress, but if it was made for her personally, why not tailor it exactly?

At this point, I’d think designers would hesitate to work with her. The awful fit of that red dress made Carolina Herrera look terrible. Likewise the red pantsuit in New York last fall—I don’t remember the designer which would likely make them happy—but it was so big it looked like she grabbed a Santa suit at Goodwill and took the fur trim off. Designers can’t be happy with it. 

• Upvote 2

They look like she's dressing off the rack and not having any fitting done at all.  Even so the styles aren't the most flattering for her figure.  

• Upvote 3

I can’t fathom Megan’s paying retail for her clothes for big appearances. She’s not buying off the rack. Designers are choosing to work with her (which is pretty common for celebrities).  

• Eyeroll 1

I knew someone would respond like that.  😀 I didn't say she was buying off the rack.  I said she looks like she's buying off the rack.  That makes it totally baffling that someone isn't tailoring the clothes.  Even if she were shopping retail, she should still get tailoring or choose different outfits.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

@FluffySnowball I think Kate‘s dress for the service was exceptionally bad. It looked like it could have been for Camilla aka for someone much older. The cross cross pleating is just type of “interesting/decorative” element my grandmothers would like. 
Camilla looked great though and throughout the RF showed the very recognisable style that is associated with them in a nice way. Meghan‘s look was beautiful but noticeably didn’t fit in. Which is no criticism. It was a much nicer choice than Kate’s. 
I do like Kate’s outfits for Trooping and the concert. 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic