IGNORED

Seewalds 47: Actions have Consequences; Sponsor Backlash Due to Jessa's Homophobia

HerNameIsBuffy

20 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I cant unsee JB in Jessa.

She looks more like Jill IMO. Who looks like JB.

• I Agree 2

2 hours ago, zee_four said:

She looks more like Jill IMO. Who looks like JB.

I thought it was Jill for a second & was really confused!

I get that she was pregnant and that it is harder to dress, but the dress looks so ill-fitting and cheap that the whole concept of the shoot fails. 

Edited by CarrotCake
  • I Agree 2

You can order any fruity fun-type drink without alcohol in it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 6/15/2022 at 5:57 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh yes those electric sprayers do look easier. But I admit I’ve never used one. I think I would need some practice first. 

I think just cleaning your cabinets really well and then changing the hardware can make a big change. That’s what we did with ours when we moved in. The old hardware was much too ornate for my taste and the new hardware was simpler. I think it looks much better than the original hardware from 1980. But the cabinets are still in decent shape. Except for one drawer that a certain two year old broke years ago 🙄

Honestly, I've never understood the concept of "updating". If it still works, why add it to the landfill? If my cabinet hardware works, I'll keep it till it breaks down (which it actually does, I have lived to see that happen).  JMHO.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

I rent a flat that was first occupied by my partner's grandmother. In 1980! So, bathroom fittings and kitchen tiles/cabinets are over 40 years old. It's all pretty neutral, and the bathroom tiles are back in fashion, and while I would like to change the tub, I also would rather have the money, lol. As far as the cabinets go, I did contemplate painting them, but they have a weird surface which probably won't take paint too well. The wood trim is very dark, so we're going to paint it sometime, and the handles are working but very scruffy and starting to loose their screw treads for attachments, so I'll change them too, once we find something we like.

Still, not in any hurry, as I loathe cooking, and spend as little time as possible in the kitchen. I do sometimes curse the German engineering of my bathroom and kitchen, but I've lived here 5 years with my 40 year old stuff, and nothing has broken (yet!). Same with my grandmother's house. She moved in when it was built in the 50s, and upgraded her kitchen cabinet doors in the 90s - very neutral, and stood up to renters for 10 years after she died. My mum and brother however, have lived in 2 new built houses in 20 years and after 5 years, had to replace all hinges, taps, handles etc. I guess if everything breaks all the time, it's easier to have a trendy kitchen, but I think my mum would rather not have the hassle and expense and just update paint or whatever.

So much waste too, it's really distressing, and  whatever is trendy stops being trendy when the next series of home influencers/magazines/decoration programs comes on. Like, we have a waste crisis - stop encouraging shoddy products and blatant waste, people.

• Upvote 12

10 hours ago, Zebedee said:

I rent a flat that was first occupied by my partner's grandmother. In 1980! So, bathroom fittings and kitchen tiles/cabinets are over 40 years old. It's all pretty neutral, and the bathroom tiles are back in fashion, and while I would like to change the tub, I also would rather have the money, lol. As far as the cabinets go, I did contemplate painting them, but they have a weird surface which probably won't take paint too well. The wood trim is very dark, so we're going to paint it sometime, and the handles are working but very scruffy and starting to loose their screw treads for attachments, so I'll change them too, once we find something we like.

Still, not in any hurry, as I loathe cooking, and spend as little time as possible in the kitchen. I do sometimes curse the German engineering of my bathroom and kitchen, but I've lived here 5 years with my 40 year old stuff, and nothing has broken (yet!). Same with my grandmother's house. She moved in when it was built in the 50s, and upgraded her kitchen cabinet doors in the 90s - very neutral, and stood up to renters for 10 years after she died. My mum and brother however, have lived in 2 new built houses in 20 years and after 5 years, had to replace all hinges, taps, handles etc. I guess if everything breaks all the time, it's easier to have a trendy kitchen, but I think my mum would rather not have the hassle and expense and just update paint or whatever.

So much waste too, it's really distressing, and  whatever is trendy stops being trendy when the next series of home influencers/magazines/decoration programs comes on. Like, we have a waste crisis - stop encouraging shoddy products and blatant waste, people.

I live in a newly built house, like 7 years newly built. Its brick and mortar and 50 cm thick insulated walls. We went for quality throughout but it costed  a very pretty prnny. You can still get quality, but you have to pay for it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

12 minutes ago, ven said:

You can still get quality, but you have to pay for it

I agree, and certainly if you are building the house as an owner, as it were. In the UK, they are often built in developments, and you get very little choice. So, company A owns the development, and they have an exclusive contract with company B for bathrooms, C for kitchens etc - which often means that you can't choose anything better, just standard. I guess partly in case you choose something really expensive, then pull out - it might make it harder to sell or something, though I think it is more to do with them owning the crappy kitchen and bathroom companies...

The first time my mum bought a new build, she had paid for it before it was even built, but we were still locked into crappy choices. We couldn't even choose our own paint colours, it was magnolia throughout. I repainted my room the day we moved in! We couldn't even choose for them to leave areas untiled and organize our own tiling. And the build quality of the house itself was also shockingly bad, the walls might as well have been made of cardboard. Electrical, plumbing, structural problems from the off. I lived 13 years in a 50s house, which, like my grandmother's (which was new when she moved in in the 50s) was so much better built - yet the new build houses are just as expensive, shoddy and cramped as they are. But the housing market is crazy, and they get away with it. Brand new in 2000 it was about £250,000 (4b, 2ba). It's up for sale again now, and about £485,000, despite the fact that it already looks battered, and everything needs replacing, again. 

Given a choice, with UK houses, I'd only buy a new build if I was arranging it myself. Sadly, that is really uncommon - mostly far too expensive, and very restrictive planning practices. So, expensive, shoddily built cheaply constructed rows of identikit houses it is :( Though I now live in Germany and have no plans to ever return - and it is much easier to build your own house here, so one day I hope we do :)

• Upvote 7

According to her Instagram, Ben’s sister Jessica is moving to Germany. I’m assuming that her new husband is going to be stationed there. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

55 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

According to her Instagram, Ben’s sister Jessica is moving to Germany. I’m assuming that her new husband is going to be stationed there. 

I bet she's going to be one of those military wives who rarely leaves the base and only learns a few words of the local language.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

Jessa is shilling workout protein products- she really is just dialling it in. I half expected her to say ‘send me my cheque now’ at the end.

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Jessa is shilling workout protein products- she really is just dialling it in. I half expected her to say ‘send me my cheque now’ at the end.

See this is where they come off as fake influencers. Has Jessa shown any recent interest in nutrition or fitness? If Joy or Jinger were pushing those products, OK, but Jessa? I think children’s products would be more believable. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I chuckled while reading this article, thinking about Ben and Jessa's engagement, and part of their honeymoon, at Eureka Springs:

"Inside Eureka Springs, the Bible Belt's LGBTQ oasis"

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/29/us/eureka-springs-lgbtq-arkansas-town-cec/index.html

If you get a chance, watch "The Gospel of Eureka" mentioned in this article.  It's on Amazon Prime Video and sums up the townspeople's co-existence very nicely.   

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

The new cedar columns on Jessa’s porch do not match the house at all. 

• Eyeroll 1

On 6/29/2022 at 4:08 PM, SassyPants said:

See this is where they come off as fake influencers. Has Jessa shown any recent interest in nutrition or fitness? If Joy or Jinger were pushing those products, OK, but Jessa? I think children’s products would be more believable. 

Even Ben pushing them would be more believable since we saw him workout on the show once of twice, while Jessa just watched.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I like the medium/light wood doors and cabinets. That’s a good shade of wood stain. It will hide a bunch of dirt and finger smudges plus it’s not too dark. I really wish the front door was that same wood stain as the wood pillars. That would look really nice. I don’t like the black front door. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I like the medium/light wood doors and cabinets. That’s a good shade of wood stain. It will hide a bunch of dirt and finger smudges plus it’s not too dark. I really wish the front door was that same wood stain as the wood pillars. That would look really nice. I don’t like the black front door. 

I agree that the pillars and door should match, but I would go the other way and paint the pillars black. I really like the white quartz countertops and backsplash.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I agree that the pillars and door should match, but I would go the other way and paint the pillars black. I really like the white quartz countertops and backsplash.

I think I’m just really into the warmth of wood these days. I think it’s because there has been so much gray, black, and white in the last 10 years or so that I love seeing a bit of wood (not white washed or gray washed) to make a home feel less sterile. 

• Upvote 2

I was no fan of the grey everything of the 2010s either. Seems like scandi-style blonde wood is the new thing. We bought our house in late 2020 and put clear varnish on the oak floors so we are briefly cool.

• Upvote 4

According to Amy's instagram, Jessa was at Jill's baby shower. She was very defensive on how there were no photos of her, or who else wasn't there, and Jessa wants to set the record straight that "Jill has family support". The others weren't there because there were scheduling conflicts. And photo ops aren't necessary every time; sometimes you just want to enjoy your time.

So, go with that.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, BullyJBG said:

According to Amy's instagram, Jessa was at Jill's baby shower. She was very defensive on how there were no photos of her, or who else wasn't there, and Jessa wants to set the record straight that "Jill has family support". The others weren't there because there were scheduling conflicts. And photo ops aren't necessary every time; sometimes you just want to enjoy your time.

So, go with that.

I went to read the post and comment thread. How annoying would it be to have a baby shower and people are just commenting on which of your family did/did not attend  and what they meant? I get they are public figures, but if your sister comments some basic mild “ the shower was so fun, can’t wait to meet the baby” - it seems the responses shouldn’t be “ OMG, why aren’t you in the pictures!” “ who else was there?” “Glad Jill has Amy for support” “Derrick won’t let anyone post photos so it looks like she has no family support!”  and on and on. Yuck. How about “ those cupcakes look yummy” 

All the sisters involved seem to get along well enough. None of them seem to be on the outs. I’m sure they have different favorites and levels of closeness. Like with any family. I’m also sure they have very different opinions on their parents and the handling of the Josh situation and all of that ugly mess. That doesn’t mean they will shun each other. 

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic