Jump to content
IGNORED

Seewalds 47: Actions have Consequences; Sponsor Backlash Due to Jessa's Homophobia


HerNameIsBuffy

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, yeahthatsme74 said:

How did trazadone work for you? My doctor just prescribed it for me to help with sleep as well, but I'm so nervous about taking an SSRI (and about actually sleeping 8 hours straight) that I haven't started it yet. 

I’ve taken 50 mg for years to help me sleep.  It generally takes the edge off and I can get a few hours of sleep.  I do not sleep at all without it.   

  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@yeahthatsme74 what I like about it is that it stops my mind from racing and lets me relax into sleep. I don't have trouble waking up on it if my daughter needs something and no hangover in the morning like I get with benadryl. I regularly get less than 8 hours because of her and it's fine... or as fine as it would be without meds. My husband has been on it since he was a teenager. They thought about ambien for him but I wasn't comfortable with the side effects, so we combined it with mindfulness meditation and that works extremely well.

ETA: I'm on lexapro, another SSRI, and I don't notice any difference from the multiple times when I've been on trazodone alone. Mileage will vary. My brother didn't like trazodone and I think he was on efexor.

Edited by GuineaPigCourtship
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

I’ve taken 50 mg for years to help me sleep.  It generally takes the edge off and I can get a few hours of sleep.  I do not sleep at all without it.   

I got put on Trazadone last time was in hospital  (Dec 2019) Before than I was on 300 mg seroquel and 2400 mg gabapentin and then they added 200 mg trazadone. I'm on 100 mg trazadone now with my seroquel and gabapentin. 

 

Unless I'm having a break through hypomanic episode it helps me sleep and stay asleep most of the time. But normally 300 mg of seroquel alone would knock people out like death. So it really depends. 

Edited by zee_four
Autocorrect hates my medications' names
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the trazadone info, everyone!  I'm going to give it a try this weekend and see how I do. 😊

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I watched Jessa’s story with her house design. Did I hear that right, they decided to remove the window from both the laundry and ensuite?  These two rooms surely benefit from natural light and airflow.  If privacy is an issue, have high windows or frosted glass. With the sunlight which comes into my laundry I can dry shirts on a rod which hangs over my washing machine. The window in my bathroom lets in sun and breeze, both vital for ventilation and prevention of mould.  
I do think keeping the kids clothes in a cupboard in the laundry is a huge time saver. 

  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Karma said:

I watched Jessa’s story with her house design. Did I hear that right, they decided to remove the window from both the laundry and ensuite?  These two rooms surely benefit from natural light and airflow.  If privacy is an issue, have high windows or frosted glass. With the sunlight which comes into my laundry I can dry shirts on a rod which hangs over my washing machine. The window in my bathroom lets in sun and breeze, both vital for ventilation and prevention of mould.  
I do think keeping the kids clothes in a cupboard in the laundry is a huge time saver. 

I think she removed those windows because they are right on the parking lot / walkway to the church - probably just decided to trade light for privacy and sound reduction.  I’ve lived in several apartments that had no window in the bathroom - they had fans instead. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/3/2022 at 2:59 AM, zee_four said:

I got put on Trazadone last time was in hospital  (Dec 2019) Before than I was on 300 mg seroquel and 2400 mg gabapentin and then they added 200 mg trazadone. I'm on 100 mg trazadone now with my seroquel and gabapentin. 

 

Unless I'm having a break through hypomanic episode it helps me sleep and stay asleep most of the time. But normally 300 mg of seroquel alone would knock people out like death. So it really depends. 

phew, I think if I took 300mg seroquel I would actually die 👀 arrhythmia-to-hell haha. I am glad it helps you mood-regulate safely!

My schedule varies too much that I am afraid to try prescription sleep aids - just try and power through 10-12 hour days on 4-5 hours of sleep plus caffeine lol - but others have told me it trazodone works well for them. and safer than ambien, restoril, elavil, a lot of other options. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me the Trazodone does not knock me out.  It makes me less wound up so sleep is possible.   

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/18/2022 at 3:21 PM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

phew, I think if I took 300mg seroquel I would actually die 👀 arrhythmia-to-hell haha. I am glad it helps you mood-regulate safely!

My schedule varies too much that I am afraid to try prescription sleep aids - just try and power through 10-12 hour days on 4-5 hours of sleep plus caffeine lol - but others have told me it trazodone works well for them. and safer than ambien, restoril, elavil, a lot of other options. 

I used to be on 600 mg if that makes you feel better 🙂 One of my PNPs once said that she's noticed that people whose mania is the biggest problem like psychotic, not sleeping for a month, just gone, as opposed to more common and just as legit hypomania, require much higher levels of Seroquel and other atypical anti-psychotics and usually have less weight gain and blood sugar issues. Its an interesting idea, seeing as there's no like biological test for a lot of mental health conditions, even the ones with a predominately biological/biochemical basis. 

I was put on 200 mg I think maybe 300 mg of trazadone my last hospitalization but went down a bit. I think the poster above said it well it doesn't knock you out on your face, it just makes your mind calmer so sleeping becomes possible. 

 

I totally understand you with the wonky schedule. I've worked all sorts of shitty varying hours before including graveyard which always made me not as compliant with my meds, especially at first when they impacted me more. Now there's nights where I can't sleep at all even after my meds. Thank god they're not common it just makes me think about how awful it was to be like that almost every night since I was a pre teen. I was only one Seroquel and Gabapentin then and if I was being good I'd split it up throughout the day and it was usually okay. The times I always thought I'd be fine without it were the times I woke up on jail or a psych ward which was always bad times. But yeah its frustrating sometimes how doctors and other providers assume everyone has a 8-5 job with the ability to sleep regular overnight hours and time for regular  daytime meals etc. Its usually people on the lower end of the economic spectrum that have to balance jobs with changing hours, overnight shifts, etc. And often have to work multiple jobs as well. 

If you ever need to talk shoot me a message. I know how hard it can be, but I bet there's something out there that will work for you with your schedule and other needs. You got this!! ♡

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

What do y'all think of the Seewald kids' Easter jammies? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbqX2uUruHI/

My first thought was that it's a bizarre fabric choice for children.  On second look I guess it's not that bad but I don't know, pajamas that remind you of death maybe could lead to nightmares.  

My first thought was that they look expensive. I thought to myself, “I bet she got those for free because there’s no way a Duggar would pay over $100 for matching PJs.” It’s funny how fundies try so hard to keep Christ in Easter just like they try to keep Christ in Christmas. PJs with the Easter bunny on them won’t turn them into atheists. The makers of the PJs have boys named Nazareth and Nile. So fundie. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The kids look cute. I like the neutral colors and that there’s no differentiation between the boys or girls pjs. The fabric subject matter is….I guess a matter of personal preference. 
 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Nazareth and Nile. 

I was actually running through N names a couple of nights ago, trying to figure out what Nurie and Nathan Keller might pick for future offspring. These weren’t on my list, but they’re perfect! I’m sure we’ll see a Nazareth Keller at some point. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, postscript said:

I was actually running through N names a couple of nights ago, trying to figure out what Nurie and Nathan Keller might pick for future offspring. These weren’t on my list, but they’re perfect! I’m sure we’ll see a Nazareth Keller at some point. 

I knew a fundie with girl named Nazara. I think there are probably a lot of out there N names from the Bible that Nurie could use. Noah, Noel, Nazareth,  Nephtali, Neziah, Nicodemus. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I knew a fundie with girl named Nazara. I think there are probably a lot of out there N names from the Bible that Nurie could use. Noah, Noel, Nazareth,  Nephtali, Neziah, Nicodemus. 

Nicodemus isn’t one that occurred to me, either, but I bet it shows up in their list. I was thinking twin boys named Nahum and Nahor. 

For girls, I was thinking Natalie, Neveah, Nora. They’ll probably go less Biblical for a girl. Not sure about Noelle since Susanna Keller has already used it, I would love to see them use Nerissa or Narcissa, but those are probably too strange for them. 

I’ve probably spent more time considering names than they have, 
 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this is actually one of the more well done, real religion teaching moments I have seen a Fundie do. The empty grave is basically one of the core moments of Christianity if you think about it. Children tend to deal quite well with such topics, especially if they haven’t had traumatic experiences with it. Bless their little souls. So, in that case B&J look actually responsible and real about their believes to me in a child appropriate way. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I think this is actually one of the more well done, real religion teaching moments I have seen a Fundie do. The empty grave is basically one of the core moments of Christianity if you think about it. Children tend to deal quite well with such topics, especially if they haven’t had traumatic experiences with it. Bless their little souls. So, in that case B&J look actually responsible and real about their believes to me in a child appropriate way. 

My son's explanation of the Easter story (aged 5ish) involved Jesus, being out to dinner with his friends, the Po-Po, being beat up (complete with air punches), put on a cross and coming back to life - "like a Zombie" (he also had Jesus confused with Terry F0x for a while...) 

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 11:33 AM, Cheetah said:

What do y'all think of the Seewald kids' Easter jammies? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbqX2uUruHI/

My first thought was that it's a bizarre fabric choice for children.  On second look I guess it's not that bad but I don't know, pajamas that remind you of death maybe could lead to nightmares.  

My first thought is Jessa didn't dress those kids. Boys and girls are wearing the exact same outfit, and there's not a  hair bow in sight. Someone could look at that photo and not instantly know they are seeing 2 girls and 2 boys, no way a Duggar allowed that.

I'm not being (totally) sarcastic, I have a memory of Spurgeon explaining to the camera that a baby was a boy due to the lack of a bow on his head. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I enjoy house renovation videos so i took at look at Jessas. She has the most monotone voice and the process is dragging out so much. A 20 minute video just to choose the wood tone its too much. I do like the house style she is going for (she called it nordic), but the chimney by the entrance door looks ridiculous, i wonder why not enclose it and put a fake one somewhere else. She mentioned it is not going to be a real wood burning chimney anyway.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Jessa's house renovation part 4 on youtube   https://youtu.be/5MJ6MDwBOco

 

A laughable quote from Jessa - " slow down, relax, put work aside on Sundays"

Just what is Ben's job?

sometimes I'd agree but this is a bit BEC given that she's talking about it in the context of DIY and renovation. I know from experience that doing a big house renovation with a young family eats ALL your time and it's really really hard to step away from it and take evenings or days for yourself without the constant guilt that you should be down there sanding or painting or ripping stuff out.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Jessa's house renovation part 4 on youtube   https://youtu.be/5MJ6MDwBOco

 

A laughable quote from Jessa - " slow down, relax, put work aside on Sundays"

Just what is Ben's job?

And in the context of taking time off, what is Jessa’s job? She has 4 little kids who I am sure require care all the time. If you want to be relatable, especially as an influencer, you need to figure out what people in your demographic do-

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And in the context of taking time off, what is Jessa’s job? She has 4 little kids who I am sure require care all the time. If you want to be relatable, especially as an influencer, you need to figure out what people in your demographic do-

I think what’s meant by that is to make sure you aren’t trying to do everything, all the time. Like remember to take time to just relax, play, hang out with your kids, go out with friends etc… it’s a REALLY popular mommy-influencer message. And became even more popular during the pandemic, when lots more people were trying to juggle putting up boundaries between home and work. stay-at-home moms need time off too. And the natural daily breaks they might get while kids are playing or napping can get pushed to the side when there is a big project. 
TLDR : I think she knows exactly who her demographic is, and what messaging works for them

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can anyone source a link showing that Ben is THE Pastor of that church. I can’t seem to find that info anywhere. Also, what is the congregation size? TIA

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Recent Status Updates

    • Bluebirdbluebell

      Bluebirdbluebell

      I highly recommend Not the Good Girl's Youtube channel. She is making great documentaries about cults.
      · 0 replies
    • BlackberryGirl

      BlackberryGirl

      Ohh jeeze, GrandBerry6 just came to me, snuggled his face in my neck and barfed, all over me. In my neck, in my hair, on my face, down inside my nightie all over the front of my nightie. Ohh FUCK! Bath, washed hair, cleaned sofa. Good times, good times.
      · 2 replies
    • Scrabblemaster

      Scrabblemaster

      I danced through my living room feeling awesome. From time to time I do this. Maybe wine is involved. Good music is definitely involved. It is awesome. I recommend it to you. With or without wine.
      · 2 replies
    • Hazelbunny

      Hazelbunny

      After a few months of trying to decide what kind of new computer to get and my brother telling me a Mac would be the best decision I could ever make and my sister telling me that would be the worst and I ought to stick to Windows.... I now have a used Mac. I am trying to get used to it. Not easy, but the Magnifying program is a lot better than the Windows one (that was the ultimate reason for my decision) and FJ works a lot better than on my 10-year old Laptop, too!!  
      · 0 replies
    • WannabeHistorian

      WannabeHistorian

      Y'all, holter monitors suck. And naturally the palpitations that caused this test to be ordered are remarkably absent today. 
      I'm off to go work out in the hopes that triggers it. T minus 10 hours till I get this thing off. 
      · 4 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Fuck Fornicate.  Glad I got in to see this place before the world went to shit.
       
      · 0 replies
    • PreciousPantsofDoom

      PreciousPantsofDoom

      I frigging hate the toilets at this worksite. Specifically the door locks. Stupid little knoblet that isn't clear if it is locked or not. Door opens right off the main hallway and the toilet is just far enough from the door that I can't just hold the door shut in case I've got the lock wrong. I mean really people, how hard is it to design this? I just want to pee in private with no anxiety. Apparently that is too much to ask for. 
      · 1 reply
    • 47of74

      47of74

      First thing I'm doing when I get to the hereafter is finding the ancestors who moved to the US in the first place and asking them what the fuck they were thinking moving here in the first place.  Along with giving them an epic the reason you suck speech hopefully in the presence of God and the Lord Jesus Christ Himself to all of them for condemning their descendants to living in a shithole.
      · 0 replies
    • feministxtian

      feministxtian

      Its STILL snowing. Its not like I don't have a million things to do and need to take crap to the dumpster. 
      · 2 replies
    • Chocolate Lover

      Chocolate Lover

      Do any of you play Dyson Sphere Program?   For those who don't know what it is I'd suggest Googling it, because there's no way I could do it justice. 
      There's always just one more thing to do before I turn off.  Blink!  And it's 2 hours later.  
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.