IGNORED

Seewalds 47: Actions have Consequences; Sponsor Backlash Due to Jessa's Homophobia

HerNameIsBuffy

19 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I have some IBS-like issues and I have to poop, suddenly & frequently at times. We have a lady at work that likes to walk into the bathroom(5 stalls) and announces how it smells in there and people shouldn’t be doing that at work. Sometimes I want to scream that I can’t be a home pooper or I’d rarely leave my house. I  courtesy flush, but, yes, sometimes it smells. 

We have another lady at work that makes long curtains out of toilet paper and drapes them over the door to cover the crack between wall and door, on both sides.  Such a waste of paper and no one is peeping at you anyway! It’s really annoying when she leaves there all flapping around. 

That's just cruel, does she think people poop for sport?  What kind of person shames others for using the bathroom for it's intended purpose?

I hope someone speaks to her manager since that's a terrible thing to allow in the workplace.  

14 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

That sounds exhausting. I would be tempted to hire that company that mails people cow shit for her xmas present.

That's a company?  What am I doing in IT when I could be doing that?!  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

4 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Then there's the making out with some guy dreams.

Those are all too rare for me these days, if they don't pick up I'm going to have to learn lucid dreaming so I can enjoy myself a little rather than the nonsense I get up to in dreams.

Confession - over 20 years ago I had an erotic dream about Buddy Hackett and he was so good I still remember the details.  Awake me never had any sexual interest in him, but my subconscious clearly saw his potential. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Confession - over 20 years ago I had an erotic dream about Buddy Hackett and he was so good I still remember the details.  Awake me never had any sexual interest in him, but my subconscious clearly saw his potential. 

My dreams center around making out with Michael Nesmith (of the Monkees) in his Elephant Parts days...OH MY GOD HE WAS SO HOT!!!!

jfc HE'S HOT!!!.jpg

Edited by feministxtian
added picture
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

My dreams center around making out with Michael Nesmith (of the Monkees) in his Elephant Parts days...OH MY GOD HE WAS SO HOT!!!!

I’m thinking * parts was supposed to be * pants … but ‘elephant parts’ would explain a lot lol

• Haha 17

On 2/23/2022 at 7:53 PM, Bastet said:

My ex, lawyer and later judge, a most conservative and proper sort, used to dream that he’d shown up at an important meeting entirely naked. He’d then tell himself, “Maybe if I’m very smart, no one will notice that I’m naked.”

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes complete sense to you in a dream. 😂

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
double posting within - fixed formatting
  • I Agree 2

On 2/24/2022 at 5:56 AM, AussieKrissy said:

I always read or was told (who knows) teeth out is money concerns

It's interesting that dreams about teeth out has different meaning in different cultures. In my country, the general theme is if you have a dream about your tooth falling out, it means someone close to you will pass away soon. IIRC, upper tooth means someone older and lower tooth means someone younger. Big Sis had a dream her tooth falls out, and 2 weeks later my grandmother passed away. Aside from diabetes, she was in otherwise good health for an 80 years old. Obviously it's just a coincidence, but still spooked me out.

• Sad 1
  • Love 3

Until this thread, I never would have dreamed that shaming someone for doing a normal human elimination process in a public bathroom was a thing.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

Just now, livinginthelight said:

Until this thread, I never would have dreamed that shaming someone for doing a normal human elimination process in a public bathroom was a thing.

Right?  How does someone get to adulthood without knowing how awful that is?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

It’s extremely childish in my opinion. I can remember pooping in a public bathroom as a kid and another random kid I didn’t know commented on the smell. I’ve never heard an adult do that in a public bathroom. Because it’s immature. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

On 2/23/2022 at 8:30 PM, mpheels said:

I’m one of the 0.5% of the population who doesn’t remember dreams. I’m nearly 40, and can only remember two dreams ever, both from a period when I was taking an SSRI for anxiety. I pretty good with visual imagery, and have an “inner voice” when processing thoughts (completely mind blowing when I learned those weren’t universal experiences). I haven’t found a great explanation for why I don’t remember dreams - most likely explanation is how my brain reacts to external stimuli, but I I’m generally a very alert/reactive person (hence the SSRI).

I also rarely remember dreams, although this is a newish (last few years) development for me. I used to frequently remember them and sometimes had what I called "prophetic" dreams (really, it was just my mind finally putting two and two together from real life).

My dreams as a child were annoying, though. They weren't nightmares, but they were very frustrating. Either I would be in a dream where I couldn't see anything because I wasn't wearing my glasses or I would become very dizzy and fall down after every step I took. Sometimes both.

• Upvote 1

Here, dreaming about loosing teeth is said to be a manifestation of fear of losses, wether it’s financial, personal, employment or more like loosing control or appreciation. That’s why it’s said, those type of dreams happen when we are at a stressful or uncertain time in our lives with big changes.

Freud said dreaming of loosing all teeth is a sign of suppressed sexual wishes and fantasies- but then isn’t it all with him 😉

I definitely had reoccurring dreams over long stretches of times. It has stopped in my early thirties. If that’s because I just got more settled or because kids are the best in keeping you from sleeping- who knows. They would reoccur 5-10 times over the years but they were always just completely weird. I cannot remember much of them today. Even though I am highly intrigued about the vague memory of Heidi Klum, cabbages, monkeys?, a chase and a ship in the harbour…..

And the one time I woke up because I had THE biggest revelation and knew everything or at least had the solution to the biggest question(s) of humankind. Hint: something to do with when the streetlights go off……..

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Haha 1

I always had very vivid dreams until I started taking trazodone to hell with sleep when I was on a rotating shift. Dreams were completely gone at 100mg before bed. They came back when I discontinued it during pregnancy and I find I have them again on 50mg these days. I'm more likely to have work dreams to stress dreams about something happening to my family now, so I could do without. My dreams when I was younger were generally pretty cool.

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2022 at 10:09 PM, feministxtian said:

jfc HE'S HOT!!!.jpg

He was ALWAYS my favorite Monkee. I liked the slow drawl, slightly smirky way about him... 

But I did dream once that I married Goose from Top Gun (Anthony Edwards) and whoooooo boy was he cute. (Now he looks like a middle school math teacher) 

1 minute ago, Meggo said:

He was ALWAYS my favorite Monkee. I liked the slow drawl, slightly smirky way about him... 

slow walking, slow talking, hell raising "here, hold my beer". Just something about those "Wild Eyed Southern Boys". Marry one, you'll have the time of your life (I did and I did)

• I Agree 2

I have very vivid dreams, usually stressful, and I remember at least bits and pieces of multiple different dreams every night. I do have recurring themes, but never the exact same dream. It sucks waking up feeling stressed out almost every day. I used to take a medication that caused sleep paralysis, which was awful at first but not so bad once I knew what it was and how to get out of it. 

• Upvote 1

I would get sleep paralysis in childhood and even well into adulthood. I had terrifying dreams and hallucinations. I used to believe in ghosts because of them.This is probably why I really dislike horror movies. 

• Love 2

I wish I remembered more of my dreams. I remember some but not many, and the ones I do remember are generally the frustrating "making no progress" type ones.

I do remember once dreaming my friends and I were riding in the back of an El Camino when Randy Savage in his full fringe-tastic neon wrestling outfit rode up behind us on a motorcycle. 

I've also had two different, but nice, dreams where I was apparently dating this guy who was a fictional character I like, but didn't look a thing like him. There was also an element of "making no progress" but with kind of an addition of sneaking around and blowing off responsibilities for some fun time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

slow walking, slow talking, hell raising "here, hold my beer". Just something about those "Wild Eyed Southern Boys". Marry one, you'll have the time of your life (I did and I did)

I married a Canadian - but his nickname in high school (I am told, I wasn't there - I was in grade school in another country) was Wild Man so... sometimes the hell raising comes up.

• Upvote 2

Jessa has snagged herself another paid partnership- it seems to be an Instagram promotions company that offers prizes in return for follows and likes of accounts.

• Thank You 2

I find dreams - my own and others’ - fascinating. I never had the test dream while I was in school, but in recent years I’ve had them a lot. I’ve also had dreams in which I was back in school (somehow having managed to miss a few credits) but can’t find the classroom, the school bookstore, or my dorm room. 

I also have variants in which I’m traveling and can’t find my tour group, travel partner or bus. Sometimes I can’t shut my suitcase. It took me a long time to recognize these and the school dreams as anxiety manifestations. 

I went through a period in which I had a bunch of dreams where I was at the theater but either my seat had no view of the stage (sometimes it was even in another room) or all the seats were facing backward. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2022 at 9:59 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I need to pause here and reflect. 

Nope, sorry, Buffy's 90s subconscious, I cannot with this.

Now, Red Buttons, that guy could get a dinner.

(Not really, I kid, but now I think I need to go watch some old Tonight Show videos. Or bleach my brain, whichever.)

• Haha 6

On 2/28/2022 at 11:16 AM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I always had very vivid dreams until I started taking trazodone to hell with sleep when I was on a rotating shift. Dreams were completely gone at 100mg before bed. They came back when I discontinued it during pregnancy and I find I have them again on 50mg these days. I'm more likely to have work dreams to stress dreams about something happening to my family now, so I could do without. My dreams when I was younger were generally pretty cool.

How did trazadone work for you? My doctor just prescribed it for me to help with sleep as well, but I'm so nervous about taking an SSRI (and about actually sleeping 8 hours straight) that I haven't started it yet. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, yeahthatsme74 said:

How did trazadone work for you? My doctor just prescribed it for me to help with sleep as well, but I'm so nervous about taking an SSRI (and about actually sleeping 8 hours straight) that I haven't started it yet. 

Trazadone is great! 100mg and I'm out! I no longer take it regularly though, I'm usually tired enough to crash and burn by 11pm every night. It did get me through the worst of the flashbacks/PTSD. Now, I only take it when I'm having a really bad day.

• Upvote 2

On 2/25/2022 at 2:21 AM, Tdoc72 said:

I have some IBS-like issues and I have to poop, suddenly & frequently at times. We have a lady at work that likes to walk into the bathroom(5 stalls) and announces how it smells in there and people shouldn’t be doing that at work. Sometimes I want to scream that I can’t be a home pooper or I’d rarely leave my house. I  courtesy flush, but, yes, sometimes it smells. 

I swear, you work in my office. I apparently have a bunch of co-workers who crap rosebuds or carry around their own bottles of poopurri, because of how offended they get that a restroom may smell like a bodily function. There are times that I have thought about leaving a copy of Everybody Poops on the vanity to deal with some of these people. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, yeahthatsme74 said:

I also took it for insomnia and PTSD nightmares. It knocked me out, but after a while I just felt like a zombie. I was taking it with Zoloft though, not alone. 

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic