IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 43: Defense Rested After an Expert Witness with No Expertise

HerNameIsBuffy

8 minutes ago, Jinderella said:

Anna was in the court room, she must have seen the crumbling of the defense expert.

I don’t know. I feel like a lot of fundies live in denial. And I would not be surprised if she Was genuinely shocked by a guilty verdict. Like many fundies were genuinely shocked trump lost the election. 

• Upvote 32
  • I Agree 4

4 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Anna wasn't off in her Happy Place in her mind. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

I can't wait to see the pictures of Josh and JB leaving the courthouse today.  He certainly should be sweating at this point.

Edited by karenb4729
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t know. I feel like a lot of fundies live in denial. And I would not be surprised if she Was genuinely shocked by a guilty verdict. Like many fundies were genuinely shocked trump lost the election. 

The mother of the man who murdered Ahmaud Arbery, and wife of the man who stalked him in his truck (same woman) was stunned that they were convicted. 

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 2

28 minutes ago, HurricaneAella said:

Rebuttals have rested. Closing arguments tomorrow morning. 

Oh I predicted it would go to jury mid morning tomorrow.  Closing goes Prosecution first, Defense second and the Prosecution again for final comments.  Can we hope for a verdict tomorrow by end of day?  There isn't much reasonable doubts when it comes to the defense.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

Copied as a tweet from on twitter by SamanthaBoyd98. Doesn't he realise the truth might already be out there?

And that we are praying for his family? For all the victims and minor children we want to be safe?

• Upvote 12

3 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

“We just want the truth to come out and we appreciate your prayers for our family.”

Copied as a tweet from on twitter by SamanthaBoyd98. Doesn't he realise the truth might already be out there?

Honestly I read that as the family are prepared for a guilty verdict (and think he's guilty).

One of the many things which has struck me, is that no one in the family has actually said publicly that Josh is innocent or wouldn't do something like that.

They've prayed for truth and justice.  JB has paid for lawyers.  But when people are charged with something, at least some people who love them, claim they're innocent or would never do that.  The Duggars didn't do this. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

34 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

I know that this is horrible, but the parental rights part of JimBob's platform seems extra creepy to me when read just before discussions about the Ms safety.

Everything about JB running is extra creepy in light of what's come out in the trial.

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 14

Jill is in the Daily Fail (mail).  She dropped Derrick off at court today.

Papping someone driving can't be safe surely?

image.thumb.png.6d981c209aa367131eb9d0634b5d43ae.png

image.png.e0bfc4483143a2db494d1e7de2e5ccda.png

• Upvote 20
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

“We just want the truth to come out and we appreciate your prayers for our family.”

Who, exactly, does he think is praying for his family? 

I don't pray but my thoughts are for the abused children & their families. The Duggars can fend for themselves. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

So if he's convicted does that mean JB's leaving room for "we just wish everyone had known the truth!" He disgusts me!

• Upvote 2

Bunch of Duggars including Joy and Austin arrived this morning in a group.  I think that's Laura, but I don't know who the blond in the background.

image.png.6d94f21d7ecce55f1dc480b1cd05714f.png

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

Been deep diving to learn  about Laura (sorry about that now posted on main Duggar thread) but have incidentally discovered that JTTH and other IBLP programs are having “great success” in prisons. Wouldn’t that be ironic if Josh gets to go through whatever the male version of JTTH is in prison? 

One interesting thing I’m noticing is how crazy interconnected all of these people have been for so long. Duggars, Bates, Paines, Wallers, Websters. I wonder if Josh cares that he is o-u-t of their circles. Like everyone is pretending there isn’t a trial drawing national media attention, but you know they are 100 percent aware and concerned about image. 

24 minutes ago, VanillaBean said:

That might be a mitigating factor in sentencing,  but I'm pretty sure it's not a defense to a crime.  

Absolutely. I just think it would be interesting to see how people totally unfamiliar with anything Duggar would navigate that on the jury.

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 5

I have no doubt that Anna loves her children and wishes she could be with her newborn.  Tonight, is she with her children or the perv husband?  I'm guessing she needs to pump...

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

One interesting thing I’m noticing is how crazy interconnected all of these people have been for so long. Duggars, Bates, Paines, Wallers, Websters. I wonder if Josh cares that he is o-u-t of their circles. Like everyone is pretending there isn’t a trial drawing national media attention, but you know they are 100 percent aware and concerned about image.

They are all intertwined because it’s a cult. The fact that Anna Duggar’s brother married the daughter of Josh’s court appointed babysitter is not a surprise. These people are so insular that they are all connected in one way or another. Which makes it so much harder for people to leave. 

• Upvote 30

1 minute ago, neuroticcat said:

Been deep diving to Lear about Laura (sorry about that now posted on main Duggar thread) but have incidentally discovered that JTTH and other IBLP programs are having “great success” in prisons. Wouldn’t that be ironic if Josh gets to go through whatever the male version of JTTH is in prison? 

One interesting thing I’m noticing is how interconnected all of these people have been for so long. Duggars, Bates, Paines, Wallers, Websters. I wonder if Josh cares that he is o-u-t of their circles. Like everyone is pretending there isn’t a trial drawing national media attention, but you know they are 100 percent aware and concerned about image. 

I find it interesting that the Bates used the Duggars to elevate them to “we have a tv show and are now financially set” status, yet they seemingly don’t know who the Duggars are at the moment.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

JB platform/on the issues:

"Parent’s Rights

Parents know best for their children, not the government! I will fight for parents to get to decide where their children go to school and for their hard-earned tax dollars to follow the children, and I will fight tirelessly to ensure that parents, not the government, control their children’s healthcare."

from https://www.jimbobduggar.com/on-the-issues/

The above seem buzzwords to me about CPS investigations into families, imho.

• Upvote 15
  • Disgust 11
  • WTF 2

25 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Anna wasn't off in her Happy Place in her mind. 

I have a strong suspicion that in Anna’s mind the entire trial went like the “legal, legal, legal” from Netflix’s Maid.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, karenb4729 said:

Oh I predicted it would go to jury mid morning tomorrow.  Closing goes Prosecution first, Defense second and the Prosecution again for final comments.  Can we hope for a verdict tomorrow by end of day?  There isn't much reasonable doubts when it comes to the defense.

I feel like the defense closing argument is gonnna be like 2 minutes long.  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, gustava said:

I have no doubt that Anna loves her children and wishes she could be with her newborn.  Tonight, is she with her children or the perv husband?  I'm guessing she needs to pump...

I doubt she has much supply left from all the stress, and she may also be on medication not generally considered safe for breastfeeding moms.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, gustava said:

No, she doesn't. She's willingly staying with a pedophile and putting her children at risk. She's a grown ass woman who knows what her husband does and still she's by his side instead of running the hell outta there. Anna doesn't love her children as much as Michelle and Jim bob don't love theirs. 

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Ju

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They are all intertwined because it’s a cult. The fact that Anna Duggar’s brother married the daughter of Josh’s court appointed babysitter is not a surprise. These people are so insular that they are all connected in one way or another. Which makes it so much harder for people to leave. 

This. I mean. I knew it, but it’s wild to scroll through pictures going back years and see young teen Carlin, Joy and Laura. Or all the weddings, Chad and a erin, Jill and Derrick, and see all the more candid photos from that era before Laura was better known. Or other fundie names I recognize from here but don’t know as well. I did think IBLP as a whole was shrinking, but maybe not? 

Anyway, they’ve all forgotten Josh now and the Duggars, unless they are sending private messages so as not to impact their own personal “ministries.” For those interested, I think Laura grew up in the cult. Sometime in 2013 she posted a pic of IBLP headquarters saying it was her tenth January there - and she seemed pretty well in as far as work/leadership. I don’t know how old she is, but that seems to me she was in at least as a young teen.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

#JoshDuggar trial update: defense has rested. @ccmccandless and I sat behind Jim Bob #Duggar and talked to him during recess. In an exclusive comment he said: “We just want the truth to come out and we appreciate your prayers for our family.” Story on @KNWAFOX24 tonight #NWAnews

But not badly enough to tell the truth on the stand, right Jim Bob?
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I think JB just wants to say something vague enough to not piss anyone off by defending Josh, but also reminding everyone he’s a Christian. He’s got an election coming up. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic