IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 43: Defense Rested After an Expert Witness with No Expertise

HerNameIsBuffy

I hope it’s ok to ask this, with regards to the M’s being examined, I always though those sorts of physical exams only indicate abuse that may have happened within the previous few days. Is it possible to know if abuse has ever occurred or only if it was recent?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

Can’t the prosecutor move to has his bail be revoked in light of being found guilty?

The judge can keep him in custody based on the criteria for allowing him out, but who knows what they'll do. 

Just now, missaudrey said:

I hope it’s ok to ask this, with regards to the M’s being examined, I always though those sorts of physical exams only indicate abuse that may have happened within the previous few days. Is it possible to know if abuse has ever occurred or only if it was recent?

It's not a physical exam.  It's an interviews with a psychologist with experience with kids who are at risk for CSA to try to determine if anything happened.  

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Just now, missaudrey said:

Forensic doesn't necessarily mean physical.  highly doubt that would be part of it. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, SimplyMe said:

Sure, but wouldn’t someone with tendencies to view things of that nature also be statistically likely to act them out on children?  

Oh I agree with you %100. My angle was more from a legal perspective that the Judge is usually only ruling the matter that is specifically before the court. So post-conviction and sentencing terms will be tied to the crime he's been tried and found guilty for, not what we speculate he has or hasn't done. How big of a flight risk is he, how likely is he to show up to his remand date, how likely is he to be in possession again etc

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

11 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I hope I can post a screen grab from Reddit here, because I’m reading there and thought this was a really interesting point. 

912E9AB8-D896-49F9-B120-835B5F5A2855.jpeg

Agree.  Boob wouldn't pay for that one!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

51 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Total speculation bus but this raises an interesting question:  If Anna was given the choice to have the kids examined to have Josh out pending sentencing or refuse the exams and he sits in custody....what does she do?  

That is never going to happen. The federal court does not have jurisdiction when it comes to the kids or Anna as neither Anna nor the kids are part of this action. The federal court will not request anything of Anna or the kids. Anything involving the kids goes through state family court and we have no idea if CPS has an open case right now. They may have opened one after the arrest and it might be closed now. We will never know. Since CPS information is restricted, I have always believed many of the fundy families we follow have had cases opened at one point or another. 

If Josh is allowed to remain out on bail while awaiting sentencing, he will likely be under the same conditions which allow him to stay at the Rebers. It’s not uncommon. Mark Salling from Glee pled guilty to possession of a similar type of images for which Josh has been charged. He was allowed out on bail pending sentencing and later committed suicide. I think he was expected to get a sentence of around 4 or 5 years. 

Edited by socalrules
  • Upvote 19

Things I’ve learned about Laura while perusing her Instagram.

She and her three siblings were homeschooled all the way through, so likely conservative family upbringing - are we sure she came to ATI as an adult? Less interesting to me if she simply got to be friends with Duggars from their circles. 

-She was doing JTTH and family conference helping with the girls at least from 2016 on (haven’t gotten further yet)

-lots of pics with Duggars and other ATI peeps, including Michaela Bates

She recently finished a three year Bible school program at https://fbiclass.com which looks to have the same 90s website all IBLP stuff does so I assume they are connected.

008A5585-75A7-453F-9F19-C91EECECB97E.png

• Thank You 12

I know that this is horrible, but the parental rights part of JimBob's platform seems extra creepy to me when read just before discussions about the Ms safety.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

3 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

I know that this is horrible, but the parental rights part of JimBob's platform seems extra creepy to me when read just before discussions about the Ms safety.

Can you share it?

4 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Things I’ve learned about Laura while perusing her Instagram.

She and her three siblings were homeschooled all the way through, so likely conservative family upbringing - are we sure she came to ATI as an adult? Less interesting to me if she simply got to be friends with Duggars from their circles. 

-She was doing JTTH and family conference helping with the girls at least from 2016 on (haven’t gotten further yet)

-lots of pics with Duggars and other ATI peeps, including Michaela Bates

She recently finished a three year Bible school program at https://fbiclass.com which looks to have the same 90s website all IBLP stuff does so I assume they are connected.

008A5585-75A7-453F-9F19-C91EECECB97E.png

If you're going to post about Laura outside of how she related to Josh or Anna it should be on the main Duggar thread (unless she has her own.)

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

That is a feature not a bug. 

• Upvote 7

So no Duggar testified.  I hope this was the outcome Jill wanted and I'm impressed with the defence for keeping Josh off the stand.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Can you imagine how happy the defense lawyers will be to finally get away from these people?

Also, do you think anyone is preparing Anna for a guilty verdict? 

• Upvote 15
  • Rufus Bless 2

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I've been wondering about that. Are the lawyers telling them, "We did absolutely great today"? Or are they going over all the possibilities?

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Can you imagine how happy the defense lawyers will be to finally get away from these people?

Anna was in the court room, she must have seen the crumbling of the defense expert.

Do you think anyone is preparing the M’s for a quilty verdict?

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I hope I can post a screen grab from Reddit here, because I’m reading there and thought this was a really interesting point. 

912E9AB8-D896-49F9-B120-835B5F5A2855.jpeg

That might be a mitigating factor in sentencing,  but I'm pretty sure it's not a defense to a crime.  

• Upvote 14

Just now, Jinderella said:

Anna was in the court room, she must have seen the crumbling of the defense expert.

No, I'd be shocked if the M's even know Daddy's been arrested.

The oldest M is not a normal 12/13 year old with internet access.  Its easier to keep them sheltered.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

And to go back @Giraffe saying not to attack the defense's "expert" witness, please consider the following.

After the elections of 2020, there were "computer forensics experts" coming out of the woodwork to say that election fraud had occurred with voting machines and the machines used to count the votes. It is time to shut that shit down. As @HerNameIsBuffy pointed out earlier, there are a lot of people doing tech stuff without a formal degree in the area, but before they proclaim themselves an "expert witness" they better have a pretty deep resume of practical experience in the field. 

• Upvote 31

1 minute ago, Jinderella said:

God I hope so. Those kids are going to need some support instead of mommy and the rest of the fam shoving their heads in the sand. The 2 oldest M's are probably aware of what's going on and what daddy is on trial for. Kids are not dumb. You may think they're not paying attention but they do pick things up, and I would imagine in that house asking questions about it is probably taboo. 

• Upvote 15

23 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Also, won't the Rebers have to agree to keep him in house pending sentencing? 

Josh would be the last thing I would want in my home over the Christmas holidays.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 24

I can't imagine Anna, Jim boob, Michelle, and a bulk of the siblings feeling anything but anger at the world for attacking one of their own if he is found guilty. I don't think they will ever be honest or humble enough to actually believe he did this or accept his guilt. What I wish is that the world would just shun them. No more fans, no more paid sponsorships, no more huge following on social media and certainly no more damn shows. 

Edited by fluffernutter
  • Upvote 28
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 5

3 minutes ago, Jinderella said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Anna wasn't off in her Happy Place in her mind. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

#JoshDuggar trial update: defense has rested. @ccmccandless and I sat behind Jim Bob #Duggar and talked to him during recess. In an exclusive comment he said: “We just want the truth to come out and we appreciate your prayers for our family.” Story on @KNWAFOX24 tonight #NWAnews

Copied as a tweet from on twitter by SamanthaBoyd98. Doesn't he realise the truth might already be out there?

Edited by FrumperedCat
  • Upvote 13
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic