IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 43: Defense Rested After an Expert Witness with No Expertise

HerNameIsBuffy

5 minutes ago, SimplyMe said:

Wow - I didn’t know that.  Does this only apply because he was allowed out before the trial?  Like surely a murderer isn’t allowed to be free until their sentencing, right?  Can a judge just decide the Pest should be behind bars until then?  

I’m not well versed on any of this kind of legal information.  I appreciate that there are others here who are! 

Or that he will be allowed out pending forensic investigation (I think that is the term) of his kids and minor J’kids? That would certainly be relevant.

• Upvote 5

Just now, Idlewild said:

Also, are the Rebers willing to house a convicted criminal? Is Josh a flight risk- does he have a passport and means to get away? I believe one of his brothers is a pilot with links to the Philippines.

too bad that idiot Rodrigues kid flunked out of missionary pilot school.  this could have been his time to shine! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 44

1 minute ago, Idlewild said:

Also, are the Rebers willing to house a convicted criminal? Is Josh a flight risk- does he have a passport and means to get away? I believe one of his brothers is a pilot with links to the Philippines.

I think he had to surrender his passport at his bond hearing

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7

Just now, Idlewild said:

Or he and Anna could suddenly feel called to help her sister in Zambia. I kid, I kid. I hope he goes directly to jail from the court room. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Idlewild said:

Passport was taken by the court when he was released on bail initially.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 10

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Sentencing can take up to 75 days if in custody and 90 days if out on bond awaiting sentencing.  How being allowed out to await sentencing after a conviction is legal i'll never know, but that shit needs to change.  There is no presumption of innocence at that stage.

I can’t believe that after a conviction, they are not worried the guilty person isn’t more of a flight risk. I wonder what the determining factors are regarding where they wait for sentencing?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

I vaguely remember reading that Anna had refused the forensic exam of her kids. Can she be forced to submit the kids to a forensic exam? I'm just afraid of what could come out.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

Just now, feministxtian said:

I vaguely remember reading that Anna had refused the forensic exam of her kids. Can she be forced to submit the kids to a forensic exam? I'm just afraid of what could come out.

in my area/country this can be ordered.  

• Upvote 12

Just now, feministxtian said:

I've never heard of mothers being given a choice. CPS has certainly interviewed them by now. 

• Upvote 21

5 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Or that he will be allowed out pending forensic investigation (I think that is the term) of his kids and minor J’kids? That would certainly be relevant.

2 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I don't know if this will be on the table because as far as we know this case is 'only' (still horrifying and sick) about possessing/viewing. 

Spoiler

not about creating or distribution. 

Edited by fundiesarefascinating
ETA spoiler
  • Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

No its not. Her job is to show the government did not find evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that he did it. Them not looking at something could create that, she should not look into it because it could remove that doubt.

That makes sense. Thanks.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

She did initially but we don't know if it was done later.  And we shouldn't know.  The kids stuff should be kept private and hopefully CPS is doing what they need to do regarding interviews etc. behind the scenes.

Yes, they can court order it if they feel it necessary, but they're so reluctant to challenge parental rights it gets complicated (from what I've heard from social workers.)

Total speculation bus but this raises an interesting question:  If Anna was given the choice to have the kids examined to have Josh out pending sentencing or refuse the exams and he sits in custody....what does she do?  

• Upvote 34
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I was wondering the same thing. And it said that there was a search warrant never executed for the home. Why not I wonder?

Reddit speculation is that second witness might have been called to imply the government planted evidence at that time. Which is why prosecutions only question was: all you did was talk to them, yes?

Edited by neuroticcat
Typos
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 4

Clayman moved along to discuss the installation of Linux on that computer, asking if it had to have been done by someone at the car lot on the May 2019, date in question.

“Most likely,” she confirmed.

He followed that up by asking how a thumb drive could have gotten plugged in if nobody was present. “There’s no other way?” he asked. “Other than physically being there.” She agreed with this.

Nail meet coffin. How do ya do?

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I was wondering the same thing. And it said that there was a search warrant never executed for the home. Why not I wonder?

It wasn’t for his home, it was a random address the ISP gave them by mistake.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Sentencing can take up to 75 days if in custody and 90 days if out on bond awaiting sentencing.  How being allowed out to await sentencing after a conviction is legal i'll never know, but that shit needs to change.  There is no presumption of innocence at that stage.

Can’t the prosecutor move to has his bail be revoked in light of being found guilty?

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, fundiesarefascinating said:

I don't know if this will be on the table because as far as we know this case is 'only' (still horrifying and sick) about possessing/viewing. 

Reveal hidden contents

not about creating or distribution. 

Sure, but wouldn’t someone with tendencies to view things of that nature also be statistically likely to act them out on children?  

As a parent, I can’t imagine refusing to have my kids questioned about that so that in the event something had happened to them, they could get help.  Maybe knowing his proclivities, they’ve never been allowed to be alone with him or on his lap or whatever…. 🤷🏼‍♀️

It’s hard to even imagine what goes through Anna’s mind.  I sure as hell would not be hand-in-hand with an accused pedophile either, so…. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Strawbernana said:

It wasn’t for his home, it was a random address the ISP gave them by mistake.

Yes, they had the old addy on the ISP map before the parcel of land was split into one for a home and the other for the car lot.  Was just a paperwork error of the ISP.

• Upvote 6

I hope I can post a screen grab from Reddit here, because I’m reading there and thought this was a really interesting point. 

912E9AB8-D896-49F9-B120-835B5F5A2855.jpeg

• Upvote 22

Going OT to muse fondly about those long-gone, halcyon days when many of us assumed that Homeland Security had simply found evidence of financial shenanigans.

• Upvote 34
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 12

Really hoping that Fottrell's additional testimony & demonstration make things clear to the jury and remove any doubt or confusion sowed by the defense.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

The probable cause for his arrest would be enough to open a CPS case, and they could interview the ms without Annas consent 

• Upvote 14

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic