IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 21: 53 Standing Ovations and I Move to Brentwood!

nelliebelle1197

I'm going to assume their PR person is also a cult member. It jumps out how they push the number of mandated reporters attend like that means there couldn't be any abuse. Spoiler RF members reading here, most of the abusive organizations we discuss here have mandatory reporters who turn a blind eye to what is going on. 

• Upvote 19

5 hours ago, finacial ice said:

It was a shock to so many because she was divorced one day and was getting married the next.

Did anyone quit the church over this?

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, freefromthin said:

I had avoided watching that, and now I know why I did. After watching all of the other testimonies, this just seems to be more of the same. Not sure WHY they are expending so much energy on trying to PROVE to the world how awesome they are. If they have THE TRUTH and are as awesome as they proclaim, surely that will come out in the end.

How many times were they going to mention the FOOD they had at Remnant?  Horrific!

19 hours ago, RFCult72 said:

Yes.  I could never figure out why...

I didn't know if it was because of drugs, starvation, etc.  Will never know the truth.  His eyes never looked right to me either.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, Howl said:

Did anyone quit the church over this?

I know of atleast 2 former members that the wedding was the final straw for them and they left

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 10

32 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

I know of atleast 2 former members that the wedding was the final straw for them and they left

I can see that. The wedding was completely over the top. I suppose if she had done something a little less ostentatious and a bit quieter, some people wouldn’t be as bothered by it. But it was ridiculous. She acted like it was a royal wedding of a century after talking about how wrong divorce is for years. It was so hypocritical.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Reallyhatefakes said:

Has anyone seen the stepford looking production the Remnant Fellowship just uploaded on YouTube. They’re PR team must be on overtime

I watched it last night.  I think the overwhelming theme for Amanda was "FUN".  She mentions it 4 times.  AND, where are the fruits and vegetables?  I see Beef, Pastries, Candy and chips.  Good Lord.  Did anyone notice the statement "Older children "GET" the opportunity to worship with their parents"?  I didn't think there was any other option.  They certainly didn't mention a children's Sunday/Saturday school.  Also, they didn't mention when they meet or what time. Not that it is major, but they have adopted a more Jewish schedule of worship.  I wonder why that isn't mentioned?  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Animosus said:

I watched it last night.  I think the overwhelming theme for Amanda was "FUN".  She mentions it 4 times.  AND, where are the fruits and vegetables?  I see Beef, Pastries, Candy and chips.  Good Lord.  Did anyone notice the statement "Older children "GET" the opportunity to worship with their parents"?  I didn't think there was any other option.  They certainly didn't mention a children's Sunday/Saturday school.  Also, they didn't mention when they meet or what time. Not that it is major, but they have adopted a more Jewish schedule of worship.  I wonder why that isn't mentioned?  

Oh there’s no Sunday school option, everyone regardless of age listens to the same sermon/service. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, finacial ice said:

yea she kinda failed to mention that right before the wedding, when she was trying convince members of how perfect he was.  I will never forget when  she had called several members to meet at the church one night and we had to sit there and listen to her babble on about how perfect tarzan was, and why she was marrying him. It was a shock to so many because she was divorced one day and was getting married the next. Many of the members were left in the dark and didnt know she even had a boyfriend or knew who tarzen was!!! She went on how his life was perfect and he was just waiting for a wholesome girl to marry someday..........it was quite disgusting.  

Wow, that is so interesting.  Looking back do you think Gwen really believed Tarzan was looking for a wholesome girl or was she just trying to convince you guys that her actions were appropriate and Godly?  I have been wondering all along if she was truly duped by Joe or not.

7 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

Oh there’s no Sunday school option, everyone regardless of age listens to the same sermon/service. 

That is what I thought.  But notice the spin.  They "GET the opportunity".  Why the need to spin it?  Why not just say, "Your kids will be seated with you during the service and their behavior is a clear opportunity for all of Remnant to see how Godly you are.  AND if they don't behave then we will show you ways to make them behave"

• Upvote 8

12 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

I totally understand this feeling! I never felt fully saved. Before Remnant I was catholic and that never felt quite right. I thought there had to be something else. My parents even sent us to a bible camp ran by baptists and that was confusing. The other kids said I wasn’t even a Christian. They had to teach me how to look up Bible verses because that was the first time I had cracked open a Bible. So there I was, a baptized catholic accepting the Baptist alter call as a young child out of a fear of Hell…and then my family joins Remnant. Eventually I was baptized in Remnant as well. I was always a seeker but same as you, I look back and I can see that I was fooling myself and trying to convince myself I truly believed. I have to say, leaving a church that is convinced it is the One True Church makes it easier to let go of the whole concept. 

Even though we are coming from different places many of us are very much the same in this way.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Animosus said:

It may be because they aimed this video at the evangelical Christian world in response to TWD and so didn’t want to shine a light on ANY differences at all!  

Edited by CRAnn
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I am still trying to pick myself up off the floor and regain my strength from laughing at the idea that Gwen Shamblin saw herself as a wholesome girl.

Can someone call 911?

• Haha 23
  • I Agree 3

In TWD Ep 2 at the 15 minute mark or seconds before it Joe is on all fours chasing Gwen around the kitchen and her hair flips forward from the back over her head momentarily revealing what looks like side by side twin bump its and maybe even added extensions.  She is quick to “flip it” … as she always said.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, CRAnn said:

In TWD Ep 2 at the 15 minute mark or seconds before it Joe is on all fours chasing Gwen around the kitchen and her hair flips forward from the back over her head momentarily revealing what looks like side by side twin bump its and maybe even added extensions.  She is quick to “flip it” … as she always said.

This took me OUT! LOL! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, CRAnn said:

It may be because they aimed this video at the evangelical Christian world in response to TWD and so didn’t want to shine a light on ANY differences at all!  

And if the evangelical Christian world is paying any sort of attention, it’ll notice the complete absence of references to Christ. 
I know: Big “if.”

Word of the day: “Amazing.”  Same word Katie Holmes used repetitiously when she was in the throes of Scientology. I bet there was a lot of Scieno involvement in producing this piece. 

We know that RF consulted local Scientology.  The video’s production values, topics and overall approach fairly scream Golden Era Productions

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Animosus said:

I think the overwhelming theme for Amanda was "FUN".

That's also what the 'Life with Gwen and Joe' videos harped on as well. That leads me to believe that things are not fun at all in Remnant Fellowship. As if I didn't already know that. Ha!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am still trying to pick myself up off the floor and regain my strength from laughing at the idea that Gwen Shamblin saw herself as a wholesome girl.

Can someone call 911?

If I wore clothes like hers, crazy hair, and that heavy make up, my family (who are very liberal and live in Los Angeles) would have called for an intervention. Plus her controlling, mean behavior was anything but wholesome. I guess as the leader she got to change the definitions of words.  Like "fun".  Being controlled is not fun. Starving is not fun.  "Miss me with that"  LOLOLOL

26 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

And if the evangelical Christian world is paying any sort of attention, it’ll notice the complete absence of references to Christ. 

Word of the day: “Amazing.”  Same word Katie Holmes used repetitiously when she was in the throes of Scientology. I bet there was a lot of Scieno involvement in producing this piece. 

We know that RF consulted local Scientology.  The video’s production values, topics and overall approach fairly scream Golden Era Productions

OH Yes!  I worked with Scientologists. You hit the nail on the head!

Edited by Baxsmom
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

Should we read anything into Patrick Stites being the spokesman for RF in the video? I don't remember him being visible at all before the plane crash.

Might I say that in the video he looks as if he's never had fun in his entire life. If he really think RF is fun, then he's a very, very odd man.

Also Naomi Swindell in the video's Nursery section was married 12/12/2020 to someone she began dating in late spring 2020. RF's rushed, fast track dating/ engagement/ wedding boggle my mind.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

“Fun” “Sweet” and “Amazing” …. which RF testimony does NOT use at least one of these words?  Answer, “None, I am sure.”  Such an MLM-like “church.”  All the Gwen & Joe “shows” and all the “You Can Overcome” (to quote Gwen “TV shows”) aimed at recruitment to Weight Down “Ministry” in support of the top rung’s fun, sweet and amazing lives in the mansions of Brentwood, the beaches of Florida and the mountains of Tennessee. 

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Might I say that in the video he looks as if he's never had fun in his entire life. If

He looked like he was in a hostage video desperately trying to act like he isn't miserable. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

He looked like he was in a hostage video desperately trying to act like he isn't miserable. 

I agree 100%

• Upvote 5

Watching again (Just to see if I can spot the bump-its).

The cool old Native man with the ranch - he says that Joe wanted it. And the man’s wife divorced him to be like Gwen. 

My question:  Does the man still own his land? Have the remaining Remnant tried to get their hooks into it?  I sure hope not. 

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Actually it doesn't to me. It is much better to be honest.  And I think the only one pushing the Scientology link was Dan, right?

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Reallyhatefakes said:

Has anyone seen the stepford looking production the Remnant Fellowship just uploaded on YouTube

Stepford-esque, indeed. I always think of this scene when I see these "see us - see how happy we are - see how we play and have fun" attempts from cults:

Spoiler

The robots are running down - call the repair team.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

21 hours ago, Blue said:

Interesting how they don't do a tour of the room with all the whiskey 🙄

There is alcohol on RF's church property?!  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Actually it doesn't to me. It is much better to be honest.  And I think the only one pushing the Scientology link was Dan, right?

I don’t know. 

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic